Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bell's Mirth for Tali. Does it even work?

Default Bell's Mirth for Tali. Does it even work?

Hey guys,

As you know an ibis with bel's mirth is pretty OP. This is because the proc on hit gives you +1400 spell pen for 7.5 seconds. Here's my question: hypothetically, if bels mirth can be applied to any Blue slot weapon like a shield or tali, will the proc still apply? Because obviously the shield and tali aren't the things doing the hitting.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Hey guys,

As you know an ibis with bel's mirth is pretty OP. This is because the proc on hit gives you +1400 spell pen for 7.5 seconds. Here's my question: hypothetically, if bels mirth can be applied to any Blue slot weapon like a shield or tali, will the proc still apply? Because obviously the shield and tali aren't the things doing the hitting.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Pretty sure the "chance on damage" procs apply whenever you're doing a melee attack. The "chance on damage" gems for rings work that way, specifically the tourmalines of black fire/ black ice/ black lightning.
    Last edited by Unutterable; 27th June 2017 at 04:13.
    I don't make points I make dents.

shields do not come with weapon gem slots, unfortunately.

but for the talis with blue slots you can use the gem, and you can have 2x bel's mirth and they should proc. even if the tali is not doing the hitting.

(I have not tested this, but heard talk of someone doing it)

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    shields do not come with weapon gem slots, unfortunately.

but for the talis with blue slots you can use the gem, and you can have 2x bel's mirth and they should proc. even if the tali is not doing the hitting.

(I have not tested this, but heard talk of someone doing it)
    Shields are Armor and are crafted by Armorsmiths, so weapons gem cannot be used on them. I have not seen tali with blue gem slot, except the t3 crafted.

The Tali I'm talking about is indeed the T3 crafted. The reason I ask it is that it seems that EVERYONE goes for the Ibis, but as far as I can see (at least for pvp) the PVP 1H wisdom blunt + T3 crafted Tali is WAY better than the ibis + PVP tali.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

I think you need to be hitting with the actual weapon for it to procc so i doubt it works on tali.Also it doesn't procc from spell damage (hexes) ,only physical hits.I guess a way to reliably test is equip the tali with it and a mainhand without bel's mirth.Some pvp demos/necros and poms/toses might already have that setup of weapons so maybe they could test it with some alkahest spam and pro dagger white hitting .

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    I think you need to be hitting with the actual weapon for it to procc so i doubt it works on tali.Also it doesn't procc from spell damage (hexes) ,only physical hits.I guess a way to reliably test is equip the tali with it and a mainhand without bel's mirth.Some pvp demos/necros and poms/toses might already have that setup of weapons so maybe they could test it with some alkahest spam and pro dagger white hitting .
    See this is where I'm getting mixed signals. Half of the people say it will proc, the other half say it won't. The problem with testing it is as far as I know the T3 craft is the only available Tali with a blue gem slot and it's not exactly like those are free It's a lot of work to get one so I would want a guarantee that it's not a stupid move haha.

See this is where I'm getting mixed signals. Half of the people say it will proc, the other half say it won't. The problem with testing it is as far as I know the T3 craft is the only available Tali with a blue gem slot and it's not exactly like those are free It's a lot of work to get one so I would want a guarantee that it's not a stupid move haha.
    Yes it works, I have it on DT, ibis+t3 crafted tali is simply overkill even in its nerfed state. Anayway there is blue talisman (eye of zath I think) with blue and black slot so you can test it yourself without spending 1500g . And ofc it works only on melee hits so its useless on casters.

I believe the Eye of Zath has a yellow and blue slot. If you're not able to locate one, (The tali is really garbage in itself), I can craft one tonight and test it out. I also have an ibis so I'll test whether the proc rate is higher from having two gems. (I know for sure you can not get 2 proc's at once).

I know the Bel's Mirth really dropped in popularity after the nerf on it. It used to last something like 14 seconds and now I think it's only half of that.

This is all off memory so if I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Up, there's your answer. Blacksoul, one of the best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast