Thread: need advice for a Tanking build (melee tank)

Post need advice for a Tanking build (melee tank)

Hi, this is my actual build, but im not feel confortable with it.

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/p...RG/build-1.jpg

My main intention is to HOLD aggro and damage and lets dps do their work. I don't pretend a super dps tank or a super damage tank, just a mole tank or a nice tank to hold on nice stances.

I'm not sure of use soul barrier because i can't use malacor, so, what do you recomend? also, i don't like swich covenant of arms with the other auras, for that reason i only use one aura at time

I want a tank to hold damage and use dt feats to drain healh, mana, stamina and use yog as well.

Who builds do you recomend me?
    ty!

Unless you really really need the protection from CoI, I would instead just play with CoA. Don't switch, just stick with it. It's a big chunk of your total DPS, and thus will help you to keep aggro and survivability (because damage = health tap)

Here is the tanking build I use.

http://goo.gl/N4H39i

You need Covenant of Arms to help with dps. Need a good combo rotation also. Use your taunts while doing combos. The faster you spam combos and damage, the better you will keep aggro.

On a DT DPS/CRIT = Aggro.

I have used this build in T2 gear holding aggro/surviving NP.

Use LL crit/hate pants, tiger chest. LL or Fort helm. Energetic Band Rings are good and Eye of the Watcher necklace.

Try and get an ibis, this will help the most. This class is far from my main, but this is basic thoughts. Once you realize how easy this class is, its rather hard to fail.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Here is the tanking build I use.

http://goo.gl/N4H39i

You need Covenant of Arms to help with dps. Need a good combo rotation also. Use your taunts while doing combos. The faster you spam combos and damage, the better you will keep aggro.

On a DT DPS/CRIT = Aggro.

I have used this build in T2 gear holding aggro/surviving NP.

Use LL crit/hate pants, tiger chest. LL or Fort helm. Energetic Band Rings are good and Eye of the Watcher necklace.

Try and get an ibis, this will help the most. This class is far from my main, but this is basic thoughts. Once you realize how easy this class is, its rather hard to fail.
    Why do you feat the splash on dark hand when it does not affect the healing and is not culmative per target?
    Doomsayer 2008

I agree with suctum, dark hand is useless, just very few hp recover.
    I prefer to use that 6 points in other spec.
    Maybe 15% Melee more melee in general?
    Otherwise is a nice build, i will try that

Quote Originally Posted by Redencion View Post
    I agree with suctum, dark hand is useless, just very few hp recover.
    I prefer to use that 6 points in other spec.
    Maybe 15% Melee more melee in general?
    Otherwise is a nice build, i will try that
    I use DH more as a ranged attack lol, still rotate it though when tanking. Since I use my DT for nearly T3 only, mostly spam it on Hollow Knight. Health recover is only good with Blood Pact, but yeah I can agree its useless.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

DH is not useless. What else are you going to take to get down the feat tree for a physical tanking spec? Feat drain strength and you have an instant 1k+ dmg on a short cooldown. That's not even mentioning the heal especially with blood pact.

http://goo.gl/TseRZp is my physical tanking build with dread shadow
    Last edited by Erock25; 25th November 2013 at 14:27.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    DH is not useless. What else are you going to take to get down the feat tree for a physical tanking spec? Feat drain strength and you have an instant 1k+ dmg on a short cooldown. That's not even mentioning the heal especially with blood pact.

http://goo.gl/TseRZp is my physical tanking build with dread shadow
    I just use it with Blood Pact active and the heal is ok with a single point. Not sure about wasting 5 other points on that and Drain Strength for the dps component of it, especially when it's not an instant cast and you can't spam it during a combo like you could a hex.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I just use it with Blood Pact active and the heal is ok with a single point. Not sure about wasting 5 other points on that and Drain Strength for the dps component of it, especially when it's not an instant cast and you can't spam it during a combo like you could a hex.
    The only point 'wasted' is the single point in drain strength. What else do you take to get down the tree on a physical tank spec? There is nothing worthwhile. Also, while you can't use it mid combo, it is instant and using it will not slow you down at all.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.