Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dual wield classes

Default Dual wield classes

Hi. I was wondering which classes can dual wield in this game? I saw a trailer for RotG and some axe wielding Khitais looked really cool x)

- Assassin
    - Barb
    - Ranger
    - Conq
    Retired

Hm, Assassin looks kinda cool...is it ok for a newcomer to try one out? Dual wielding axes look really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceCola View Post
    Hm, Assassin looks kinda cool...is it ok for a newcomer to try one out? Dual wielding axes look really cool.
    here is high end assassin solo gameplay in Khitai
    http://youtu.be/JmVJnCBX-EM

Its my class of choice since 2008 and if you ask me its great
    Retired

Hi. I was wondering which classes can dual wield in this game? I saw a trailer for RotG and some axe wielding Khitais looked really cool x)
    Assassins can only dualweild daggers, while rangers hardly use melee attacks, so you're probably looking for barbarian or conqueror.

Of the two, barbarians have some really awesome-looking combo animations, but overall they're near the bottom of the totem pole both for endgame PvE DPS and in PvP.

Conquerors don't get to be DPS very often since there's usually a higher need for tanks(and Carnage, the dual-weild spec, is a DPS spec), but they've long been regarded as OP in PvP and are very useful in PvE as well as tanks with moderate DPS and providers of an in-combat resurrection ability. They're getting a solid whack with the nerfbat soon though.

My advice; don't let cool concept art dictate which class you pick. Lots of what you see in artwork (example: the Khitan assassins in green masks dualweilding scythes on the launcher) didn't make it into the game (unless you consider that early concept art for the Brittle Blade or something).

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    but overall they're near the bottom of the totem pole both for endgame PvE DPS and in PvP.
    nope.........
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    nope.........
    What's that? Even if you factor in Armageddon Falls which does some nice dps which doesn't show on parse, barbs are consistently behind demos and necros, and usually sins as well. They can compete fairly evenly with hoxes and rangers, but they usually fall behind on fights involving lots of movements, due to losing reaver stacks and extremely limited ranged dps (and these fights are very common).

I have a different experience with the barb too.

If you don't take into consideration armageddon fall (awesome tool), they're on par with other dps classes.
    Of course it depends on the fights, but frankly reaver barb is a beast, plus, it does not need uber gear/AA to perform, which is a big +1 in my book.

So for dual weilding i myself would go with barb anytime.

your choice what u want bro, but trust me dont trust GREYLOIN that guy is nothing but a flame / troll who do nothing but speak trash and cry about classes, which tbh he has no clue what he talking about

"barb bottom class.." u kidding me? its god damn one of the top classes been since LAUNCH not bottom.. crhist sake
    The Law

What about dual-wielded talismans?
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast