Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: April GD Letter !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    Also: He did already say that in his last letter, didn't he? He said what was going on, and that it would be his last?
    Huh?

- no Sezmra community update
    - no april offers yet (it's 7th right?)
    - no testlive server/forum news update since January
    - pretty rude forum behavior

maybe #FireTomium would be better?
    Circle of Nine member since 20/10/2010
    Age of Conan player since 15/04/2009
    C9 Officer => http://www.c9-gaming.eu/

ToS FTW! Moar, moar power!

CirithGorgor to GD he's the best and he treat all players well and he's honest that is what we need

unlike others being rude for no freaking reason

Im quite sure that the main reasons why they sometimes seem rude are:
    -some of us players are also veeery rude and disrespectful jackasses
    -their conditions of work probably suck.

How would you behave after such a long time of nad atmosphere at the office and in the game community. I think they're just tired.

Anyway

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    Im quite sure that the main reasons why they sometimes seem rude are:
    -some of us players are also veeery rude and disrespectful jackasses
    -their conditions of work probably suck.

How would you behave after such a long time of nad atmosphere at the office and in the game community. I think they're just tired.

Anyway
    That's not true, not at all! Check the TSW forums, dev tracker and there you see the activity...
    https://forums.thesecretworld.com/se...searchid=88137

Since 1. March:
    - TSW: ~ 175 posts
    - AoC: ~ 21 posts, just the english and 50% of them are server restarts and updates/hotfixes...

The main reason swhy they are not active here anymore is probably that they have to focus on TSW and it's not really motivating to read QQ comments and answer them. It's a circle actually... AoC gets tiny attention, almost no new stuff, but new bugs -> ppl start to complain -> devs ignore the forums and the game -> even more QQ...
    Last edited by netsike; 7th April 2015 at 11:32.

They are indeed more active in TSW.

I don't like to insist just to prove my point but you know as well as me that everything is NOT fine at Funcoms. So many workers asked to leave, so few left, money issues, restructuration, moving from places to places etc. It must be hard for them as human beings to keep behaving like real professionnals when WE make their job even harder by constantly QQing all day long.

However, even if I don't really like the ''how'' I understand the ''why'' of so many complains. But this is another issue.

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
    It must be hard for them as human beings to keep behaving like real professionnals when WE make their job even harder by constantly QQing all day long.
    As our customers, you are all free to express yourselves to your heart's content, provided it is within the rules of the forum. Sometimes that means that we see angry posts from frustrated customers, but part of our job is to objectively consider everything we see, whether positive or negative, and take what we can from it to try to improve the user experience.

You certainly do not need to concern yourselves about "making our jobs harder", angry forum posts come with the territory in a job like this and neither Cirith nor myself take what we see here personal
    Last edited by Pyzerius; 7th April 2015 at 12:23.

Content isn't exactly the core of all angers, but more Funcom's politics around theirs existing titles and "priority" given to TSW.

Which is kinda raging against the wind since decisionners aren't the kind of guys reading game forums.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Content isn't exactly the core of all angers, but more Funcom's politics around theirs existing titles and "priority" given to TSW.

Which is kinda raging against the wind since decisionners aren't the kind of guys reading game forums.
    I wonder what they read then, because clearly they have not been very good at reading the financials of their games

But good to see Pyzerius around, that's an early-morning post though!
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Pyzerius View Post
    (...) angry forum posts come with the territory in a job like this and neither Cirith nor myself take what we see here personal
    Of course we don't write here to offend someone, it's just a game which we're playing since 5-6 years and as you see (or not) we're still paying/supporting it. Yes, maybe we're writing "hate&blood" posts sometimes too much, but there's a reason for it: we need more attention & information about game developing. Not because we just want to know, but we deserve for it...

ps and thanks for your answer in this topic mate, really really appreciate it
    Circle of Nine member since 20/10/2010
    Age of Conan player since 15/04/2009
    C9 Officer => http://www.c9-gaming.eu/

ToS FTW! Moar, moar power!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast