Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Gaute Godager - your questions

when is this interview happening? I can't wait to see what Gaute have to say about Craig and aoc after he left

sent the questions yesterday
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    I rather like how the 12 classes turned out from so many different ones, it would have been weird raiding with 24 different classes

I think the technology is finally at a point where the Original AoC is actually possible to make. FC should scratch their beeeelionaire suggar daddy for $100 mil to make it happen. And this time it can launch on consoles too
    oh yea, as half the forums must know by now, i really think an aoc 2.0 has some potential

Quote Originally Posted by Invino View Post
    I rather like how the 12 classes turned out from so many different ones, it would have been weird raiding with 24 different classes

I think the technology is finally at a point where the Original AoC is actually possible to make. FC should scratch their beeeelionaire suggar daddy for $100 mil to make it happen. And this time it can launch on consoles too
    Explain to us how you would play a class that requires more than 15 key binds on a console? Unless they released a USB keyboard and mouse and I don't see how you could be effective as a player with a controller, it would be worse than clicking.

I know they already sent the question, but I would ask Gaute how he planned to get AoC on console unless they sold the correct accessories...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Explain to us how you would play a class that requires more than 15 key binds on a console? Unless they released a USB keyboard and mouse and I don't see how you could be effective as a player with a controller, it would be worse than clicking.

I know they already sent the question, but I would ask Gaute how he planned to get AoC on console unless they sold the correct accessories...
    In the original combat system the combos were like mortal kombat, pop:ww, or dmc. Just random sequences of directionals made combo chains. Obviously the magic system would need to be made very close to the melee system for it to work but the range of potential combos is pretty high.
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    I know a couple of players that play AoC with controller. Don't know how they do it but must be possible (barb and BS if my memory is correct)
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Awesome interview, making me so nostalgic. This creation is truelly epic, very sad that Gaute wasn't been able and/or didnt have means to continue his vision in polishing this even further. And as always Gaute and his metaphors, still remembering that epic steak/hamburger line with smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Norther View Post
    Awesome interview, making me so nostalgic. This creation is truelly epic, very sad that Gaute wasn't been able and/or didnt have means to continue his vision in polishing this even further. And as always Gaute and his metaphors, still remembering that epic steak/hamburger line with smile.
    I was going to write very similiar response to yours, I guess I don't have to do it anymore.

Great interview - thanks Gaute, thanks Slith.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast