Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Farming T4 Memory Cloud???

Quote Originally Posted by Almuryc View Post
    All they have to do is switch the loot on Emperor and MC bosses. Simplest and easiest fix.
    That does not fix exploit by itself it there is one. Ergo is not fixing anything. Would be good in July 2012 as temporal fix, not 2 years later. Now it has to be done proper.

What you suggesting is only balancing change. Because there will be still possible to do Memory Cloud runs. Just they will be less rewarding.
    Hayde, dead Dark Templar of Xotli
    and her long forgotten brotherhood: Berbelek Bookah Esthle Esthlos Illea Jamei Margrid Sanessa Shahai Sharila Vassone Vizu Xami

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    That is a ridiculous statement.
    But it is true. Being ridiculous or not, anyone can generate a Memory Cloud instance if they have accessed to the prior lobby. Technically true.

The real deal of all this mess, is the fact T4 is old enough to be a pug/small guild content, but it is too soon to do this cause it is sadly the latest raid content for raiding guilds.
    Which is a paradox.

Let's look at World of Warcraft. It is known they nerf raid content in 2/3 months after release, and no one seems to make a drama about this. Why ? Cause Blizzard can produce raid content in a decent rate and Funcom can't. New raid is up, hardcore pve guilds are happy cause they have double challenge : defeating new content & defeating new content before it'll nerfed. Others are happy cause they have content to their levels in 3 months, they have just to enjoy the nerf coming and comes with pugs/small guilds. Everyone is happy and people keeps subbing.

Since i am returned in AoC with RoTg release, i've seen only T3 ending up in real pug content. It was nerfed enough for this and it was (according to me) the best move they done at Funcom. But it made so much drama way back in 2012 cause vets wanted absolutely to keep T3 as guild-OPR content for eternity (T4 wasn't finished at this time). When end of T4 was released, vets stopped crying and forget about T3.

What is wrong in this game is there is only 4 raids tiers (not counting half-assed Erlik) to makes people happy about end-game PvE. To makes guilds surviving and not starving for content and not losing vets each year.
    What is wrong in this game is pugs/smaller guilds are still stuck in T2. Omg, BRC, it is 2009 content. I'm usually not with Gitbin troll but this time he's right about this : Why did in AoC pugs are stuck in 2009 content ? Answer : only 2 raids/1 expansion in 5 years. Why did we are repeating the same T4 with our 5th alts, it's almost 2 y o content. I don't think it is the same in others game, or something is very wrong with mmorpg's theses days...

You can focus enough your anger, making multiples threads until Funcom will take a decision in the most horrible configuration (quick fix). So they will face two choice :

- Ends up the lobby thing (considering it is possible ?) => MC pugs nerf.
    - Make it better + nerfing T4 content.

Which is best for Age of Conan population ?
    Last edited by Bibik; 18th February 2014 at 14:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    What is wrong in this game is pugs/smaller guilds are still stuck in T2. Omg, BRC, it is 2009 content. I'm usually not with Gitbin troll but this time he's right about this : Why did in AoC pugs are stuck in 2009 content ? Answer : only 2 raids/1 expansion in 5 years. Why did we are repeating the same T4 with our 5th alts, it's almost 2 y o content. I don't think it is the same in others game, or something is very wrong with mmorpg's theses days...
    You are completely right, but there is one thing too: somehow I have and also participate in simple T2 raids, which fail. But ridiculously for example all the healers use the big heals in the same time, even if there is a heal order, they cant keep it. After 5 tries neither. Thats why T3/T4 pugs also fail a lot of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Which is best for Age of Conan population ?
    You have a point but tbh I dont want AoC to end up with a population consisting of kids punching meatbag bosses.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

So if T4 should be nerfed enough to be doable with healers that forget to lands big heals, so be it. We won't care cause we'll be on T5.

Everyone is agree that Cetriss should be T5 with 7 boss. Enough challenging to keep guilds busy for months. Do it properly as people can't exploit any of thoses boss like Mithrelle or reproducing the fail of Entity and other stack-for-the-win encounters.
    It will take time, for sure, especially how Funcom is. But i am confiant over the job Cirith and his team is doing, you have seen what he had done for both pve&pvp with a smaller team than before ? Coils-like raid is ringing like a bell !

T5 should be like old T3 : one unique instance. Hard thing, no alts, no relogging-to-the-box.

And, after a while, let's say 10 months to 1 year, nerf the sh!t. Make instances, divide the dungeon in 2 or 3 parts => recycle to Pug content. Work on T6. Rince, repeat.
    Last edited by Bibik; 18th February 2014 at 14:25.

this thread is almost a copy of what was on TestLive forum couple days ago.

Same arguments but nothing solid.

Why do people go to Memory Cloud? to get T4 loot
    Is the instance binding mechanism broken? no it is not
    If Memory Cloud bosses would ONLY drop relics, would people still do MC runs? yes and there would be none of these threads anywhere because nobody would care about few relics and one aa level.
    Changing current loot tables in MC to another boss would fix the "problem"? no, argument is that MC is easy to access and it would still be easy to access whether or not loot tables are switched.

So, what it all comes down to, again and again, is the loot. No one would care if there would be a similar thing in the T1 loot range.

Yawgmoth-VDN said: "but it's hilarious that you try to deny that it's an exploit to farm a raid instance that was supposed to be cleaned only once per week!!"
    It can be cleared as many times as you want BUT only once per character. Once you kill first boss you get lockout that resets every tuesday, you know all this so why keep acting stupid?
    In the other hand, you can farm Vile Nativity until your eyes bleed for as many times as you want with the SAME character because it is possible to reset the lockout timer. And that is farming.

Netsike said: "In my eyes exploit is repeatedly using a game bug, in this case its about farming."
    There is no bug. If you feel that there is, please point it out and report it to Funcom.

Kalston said: "...with chars that have killed Sheng, Zodiak, Emperor etc."
    So you would prefer that nobody in the game in any dungeon or raid instance is not able to enter once one of the bosses in it have been killed? You cannot leave raid unfinished, each time you would need to start from the beginning because replacing or inviting people to an instance is blocked because they have not killed one of the bosses in there? well that would be awesome.

K4nnyc said: "Every other ini has a lockout but this one."
    Wrong. Like any other raid instance, kill boss, get lockout.

Almuryc said: "All they have to do is switch the loot on Emperor and MC bosses. Simplest and easiest fix."
    Fix what?

There isn't an exploit, the issue is the binding system that means that a player that cleared to Emp but didn't start/finish Lost Dream can get a raid together and complete it. There was a real exploit which was fixed.

As for the tl post, the debate there went personal for a few of the people debating there so it looks like that was closed before it went further.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    Netsike said: "In my eyes exploit is repeatedly using a game bug, in this case its about farming."
    There is no bug. If you feel that there is, please point it out and report it to Funcom.
    Someone already wrote down the exploit: You can run unlimited number of runs. Not only 24.

Do you need any explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    Problem for who?

For certain well known guilds who have stated that its an "exploit" and have forbidden their members to take part in such activity solely based on guild rules and nothing else? Funcom don't write guild rules, guilds do that themselves. Guild ruling against something does not make it an exploit. lol

For people who are jealous that they need to spend hard earned DKP to acquire end game items while "noobs from global" bring home boat load of items each week just by rolling need/greed/pass? Yes, i can see why this can be a problem. Its a huge injustice. lol

Still missing a good valid argument.
    You highlight one reason we have exploiters. They say that: "Oh, Funcom hasn't explicitly stated this is an exploit, so it must be perfectly ok." What you forget is Funcom does not talk talk about an exploit. They won't even go so far as to confirm that something is an exploit. They simply follow Funcom Policy.

The guilds you talk about must realize this. They understand how the MC farming is an exploit, and as such they don't want their communities to take part in such an activity. It is harming the health of this game and will most likely cause people to quit all that much sooner as they deck out all their alts in T4 gear.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast