Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Event, when?

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by sardanapal View Post
    It will be nice for the GD to tell us how much man/hours they estimate this one nice event(one instanced group chain basically) took them so that we have a scope of what they can do with the tools/workforce they got and understand better the difficulties they face in adding new content.

PS the werewolves that are jumping through fences and barricades were ****ing awesome pls do more of that
    It's a bit difficult to put a price/time on it as people still work on other things at the same time.

For example, I wrote the dialogues and set up the quest logic, one of the GPDs did all of the gameplay logic, set up the instance, cutscenes, scripting e.t.c, there was a systems guy doing loot and a couple of artists helping out with rewards. A concept artist made the loading screen, our audio guy threw in some small audio cues, and an animator ported over a monster from TSW to make a special appearance (note that this was a test to see how well it works to pull in animation rigs.)

But at the same time, I was also writing text for the TSW event, doing my normal Game Director meetings and duties. The others all had similar things going on.

Putting our focus on something that is clearly defined and is stuff that we know we can do, is fairly straightforward. And when we have cleared some of the larger features from our plate, we will be able to provide more focused experiences relatively quickly.

Very cool thanks for the insight.

Yeah interesting to know. Like I said elsewhere, it would be cool to have such an event in aquilonia, so we have a few aquilonian themed social stuff & other place too (but aquilonia first ^^).
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    Yeah interesting to know. Like I said elsewhere, it would be cool to have such an event in aquilonia, so we have a few aquilonian themed social stuff & other place too (but aquilonia first ^^).
    Hmmm, I was already thinking of Khemi for next year, as OT and Conarch now have an event each.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Hmmm, I was already thinking of Khemi for next year, as OT and Conarch now have an event each.
    Toth Amon marching with army in Khemi would be cool maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Deal ! Aquilonia again, the year after
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Very cool haloween event. Kudos to the whole team.

I'm very pleased to se that the scarecrow thingy from tsw could be imported into Conan. I hope that this is the first of many areas, models, mobs +++ that gets this treatment.

Ps Could we please get a 12 month subscription offer for veterans also? Pretty pls?

:-)

Quote Originally Posted by 89ideaz89 View Post
    Toth Amon marching with army in Khemi would be cool maybe
    1st Halloween event ever, in Khemi.. ok, it´s only Toth Amon wannabe, but you´ve got cameo of the real Morte instead!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uM8tNusMzv...o/s1600/GM.jpg
    Last edited by Argantes; 28th October 2013 at 10:21.
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

This has been asked by several people, but hasn't really been sufficiently answered yet:

Is the previous year's Halloween events re-playable if you've done them before? I claimed the "partially-translated page" on all three of my characters, right-clicked them, and received a message that I have already done this quest, followed by the deletion of the page--which cannot be re-claimed. Is this a bug, or working as intended?

Many thanks for your answers and for explain to us a little bit whats about Funcom nowadays, Nusquam!
    And congratulations for the event!
    Atmoran - Barbarian
    "I'm descendant of Ysgramor.I came from the ancient lands of Atmora."

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast