Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Changes to Membership, Offline Levels, & more

Quote Originally Posted by ossur View Post
    What!? I have almost 150 offline points to spend, how do I do it to the end of june?
    Create an alt, level to 16, leave tortage, powerlevel in Keshetta till 30, then spend 50 offline levels. Repeat. This can be done in about 4 hours total if you have a decently fast group for the Keshetta powerleveling.

Running out of time though, so you better get moving fast if you want to actually use them before Funcom steals them away from you like the greedy *people* they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Important: Offline Levels are being completely removed from the game once the new membership system goes live. We’re aiming at the end of June or shortly after; this is subject to change, but you should use your offline levels by then, as they will disappear after the changes go live!
    Finally, after six years, you have listened to my suggestion! But "you should [maybe "may" or "can"] use your offline levels by then" is a bad idea. I have around 500+ offline levels (I have never spent one). What should I do? Is that a requirement?!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Finally, after six years, you have listened to my suggestion! But "you should [maybe "may" or "can"] use your offline levels by then" is a bad idea. I have around 500+ offline levels (I have never spent one). What should I do? Is that a requirement?!
    Yes they are so nice and listened to you! Who needs offline levels when you can just buy a lvl 80 in full T3 gear!
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Evil Elitist Veteran Wanker ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

-- Make AoC Great Again --

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Yes they are so nice and listened to you! Who needs offline levels when you can just buy a lvl 80 in full T3 gear!
    I might've actively supported removal of offline levels if this wasn't the actual **** that's going on.

Removing offline levels is very lame,no one is interested in leveling yet another 100 character normally.Instant lvl 80 on store you say?with those prices?no thanks!
    Shard farm ruined?! GG
    Live Chat(best support for account issues) removed?! GG
    Paysafecard removed(funcom doesn't like money,lost some subs from this) ! GG
    US time is now dead!DEAD!Nothing going on except people talking with each other on chat!
    Funcom released Lego,everyone knew it was a fail and mistake except Funcom...but they kept going with it,now is shutting down later this Summer!LMAO! No one would have guessed!
    Next fail is Conan Exiles...yet another survival game that looks just like Ark Survival Evolved and a bunch of other survival games.
    Honestly i don't understand who in hell takes decisions at Funcom,but must be someone on drugs everyday...cause when you have a game like Age of Conan..and you make so many bad decisions...is beyond me....unless you really want to shutdown the game eventually...very sad!There is more to say but i won't even bother,will just wait for changes to come and then decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Removing offline levels is very lame,no one is interested in leveling yet another 100 character normally.Instant lvl 80 on store you say?with those prices?no thanks!
    Shard farm ruined?! GG
    Live Chat(best support for account issues) removed?! GG
    Paysafecard removed(funcom doesn't like money,lost some subs from this) ! GG
    US time is now dead!DEAD!Nothing going on except people talking with each other on chat!
    Funcom released Lego,everyone knew it was a fail and mistake except Funcom...but they kept going with it,now is shutting down later this Summer!LMAO! No one would have guessed!
    Next fail is Conan Exiles...yet another survival game that looks just like Ark Survival Evolved and a bunch of other survival games.
    Honestly i don't understand who in hell takes decisions at Funcom,but must be someone on drugs everyday...cause when you have a game like Age of Conan..and you make so many bad decisions...is beyond me....unless you really want to shutdown the game eventually...very sad!There is more to say but i won't even bother,will just wait for changes to come and then decide.
    Edit by Anzu: You don't have a say on this.

you agreed for eula while starting in here so if you dont like it anymore Edit by Anzu: Nice try, but still not good enough.

imo its still nice game
    Last edited by Anzu; 24th June 2016 at 19:47.
    Your Slam critically slashes Lozig for 2813.

I'm going to issue a friendly reminder. The forums are here so players can say what they have to say while abiding by the Social Guidelines dans Forum Rules.

You might not like what other people are saying. You are free to say so.

You do not have a say whether they're allowed to say something or not.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Default I missed the email about the membership changes

and have 6 days to spend 530 offline levels (been a member since launch). Any thoughts about offering something for the offline levels you're taking away. I'd have to do nothing but play for the next 6 days straight to make a dent in them.

Hoping that nothing goes missing from the veterans rewards store, I have 1140+ vet tokens to spend, had to see it become a ghost town store.

The new store is (and I gotta be honest here), ugly (looks like a store from the talking tom game on my phone), and barren. Hoping that changes.

Lastly, sad that the points every month are going away, I used to relish the occasional breaks in playing I'd take, and come back and buy myself something with accrued points..

Been a paying member since launch, asking you seriously consider taking care of paying members with all the changes, and not let this devolve into nickel and diming me for things. I've had no problem paying monthly all this time, and throwing additional cash at the game occasionally, would hate for it to become a requirement. If this is the direction of the new investors, sit em down and talk with em..

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by roberthir View Post
    and have 6 days to spend 530 offline levels (been a member since launch). Any thoughts about offering something for the offline levels you're taking away. I'd have to do nothing but play for the next 6 days straight to make a dent in them.

Hoping that nothing goes missing from the veterans rewards store, I have 1140+ vet tokens to spend, had to see it become a ghost town store.

The new store is (and I gotta be honest here), ugly (looks like a store from the talking tom game on my phone), and barren. Hoping that changes.

Lastly, sad that the points every month are going away, I used to relish the occasional breaks in playing I'd take, and come back and buy myself something with accrued points..

Been a paying member since launch, asking you seriously consider taking care of paying members with all the changes, and not let this devolve into nickel and diming me for things. I've had no problem paying monthly all this time, and throwing additional cash at the game occasionally, would hate for it to become a requirement. If this is the direction of the new investors, sit em down and talk with em..

Bob
    Be honest with yourself. If you were going to use those 530 offline levels, you would have. You are losing nothing od value to you. Offline levels are not being removed, just replaced with a different system of advanced leveling. As far as Vet tokens go, Been like that for years...

Quote Originally Posted by Roddam View Post
    Be honest with yourself. If you were going to use those 530 offline levels, you would have. You are losing nothing od value to you. Offline levels are not being removed, just replaced with a different system of advanced leveling. As far as Vet tokens go, Been like that for years...
    No, they are removed. Without compensation. It would be completely different, if they handled it like the veteran tokens. Sure, using 530 levels is a bit much, but what about the valid cases mentioned already? Then loosing even 1-10 levels is too much. It is a onesided change of contract, period. Of course it will be subjective how much value is actually lost, but unless they want to change the gui, there is no real reason to remove them. Easiest solution without giving any hold to complaints would be to amount a flat value of levels according to the period an account would have been subbed and keep it possible to spend them. Nothing lost. Then no one can complain, if the offline levels are simply not awarded for NEW accounts or OLD after the sub period contracted before the change runs out. Why unnecessarily annoy customers? No temporary points needed, no removal needed (also less work!), no complaints needed. This goes for funcom points too....making them suddenly temporary (unless they have the same lifetime any points awarded at the end of the now subbed period would have) is an unnecessary breach as well. The game and content can change, but these were features advertised and motivations (sure not for all!) and influenced customer decisions to buy it.
    And if a gui change is required, then just do it after 12-15 months, when surely no old contract is active anymore. Again, nothing lost.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 25th June 2016 at 09:21.