Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Where are the new subscription prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Lonf tine - if only we could have the old forums back to access those gems...
    Should've made old forums premium, it'd be the only thing actually worth subbing for, but the clowns deleted them.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Should've made old forums premium, it'd be the only thing actually worth subbing for, but the clowns deleted them.
    Edit by Anzu: You can say that without insulting people.
    Last edited by Anzu; 27th September 2016 at 18:50.
    IVORY TOWER

can a brave soul makes us a video about this with the shocking interview theme?

So how much longer til the sub offer? Mine comes due in June 2017, I don't want to miss it.

And are we getting any Halloween stuff this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    So how much longer til the sub offer? Mine comes due in June 2017, I don't want to miss it.

And are we getting any Halloween stuff this year?
    Mine comes due in 5 days. Oh well, guess a break after all these years is due as well.

I don't think we will see a lower monthly sub price for the foreseeable future, unfortunately.
    The game is on a bit of an upswing in players lately, much due to the welcome (and long overdue) decision to let everyone access areas already bought.
    In that regard I think Funcom is planning this rather shortsighted though, in trying to keep up with the high subscription fee. That's my guess at least.
    From what I can tell AoC is about 2-3 EUR/month higher in monthly fees than WoW for example, and given the more or less zero development on the game currently, this is hard to accept!

I recently came back after many years myself and I'm still greatly enjoying it again.
    Lot's of fond memories and seeing so much future potential, and I'm picking up a rise in interest in chat from many players who has never played this game before (and has no memory of that once distant and horribly bad launch).
    It's really sad if Funcom doesn't react to all this new attention the game is getting lately and gives incentives for people to stay on.
    Time to start to support this game again, and to expand in both content and systems. Some sort of AoC 2.0!

I really believe that in the long run, a fleshed out Hyboria in this game, rather than in Conan Exiles, would be the right way to go. Both from a financial and legacy standpoint.
    MMOers, as a customer base, are more loyal than player bases in most other genres, especially if they see that developers still give a damn about their favorite game.
    Think of it as metal fans vs pop fans. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by stege99 View Post
    From what I can tell AoC is about 2-3 EUR/month higher in monthly fees than WoW for example, and given the more or less zero development on the game currently, this is hard to accept!
    That's not really true. I just checked (I had no idea how much WoW costs), and here's what I found on the official website:

1 Month EUR 12.99/Month
    3 Months EUR 35.97 EUR 11.99/Month
    6 Months EUR 65.94 EUR 10.99/Month

Seems like they don't have a 12 months offer.

The sub prices for AoC I found on my account page:

1 Month Premium Membership EUR 14.94
    3 Month Premium Membership EUR 35.86 EUR 11.95/Month
    6 Month Premium Membership EUR 62.74 EUR 10.46/Month
    12 Month Premium Membership EUR 98.60 EUR 8.22/Month

So unless you pay each month, in which case AoC costs 2€ more than WoW, you'll have to pay more for WoW, from 0.04€ every three months to 5.54€ each year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Angry wrong way

i wanted to extend in june for the summer offer. funcom said back then, that they would change the pricing and with it an offer would come.

so i waited.

there will be no offer till dezember and there will be no new pricing.

dont need premium- i can do t6 and when i can buy a part i will pay 1 month.
    its ok that funcom doesnt need our money.

this new f2p model doesn't make sense and its going to give this game the rest.
    Last edited by dohihr; 12th October 2016 at 13:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephturi View Post
    That's not really true. I just checked (I had no idea how much WoW costs), and here's what I found on the official website:

1 Month EUR 12.99/Month
    3 Months EUR 35.97 EUR 11.99/Month
    6 Months EUR 65.94 EUR 10.99/Month

Seems like they don't have a 12 months offer.

The sub prices for AoC I found on my account page:

1 Month Premium Membership EUR 14.94
    3 Month Premium Membership EUR 35.86 EUR 11.95/Month
    6 Month Premium Membership EUR 62.74 EUR 10.46/Month
    12 Month Premium Membership EUR 98.60 EUR 8.22/Month

So unless you pay each month, in which case AoC costs 2€ more than WoW, you'll have to pay more for WoW, from 0.04€ every three months to 5.54€ each year.
    My comparison was of course based on the month per month subscription price, I don't see how any other way is valid when comparing monthly fees.

There is no logic or reason that a game currently in maintenance mode would be more expensive than the dominating genre leader. That's just sloppy business on FC's part.
    Would have perhaps sufficed or been more accepted 10 years ago, but not in this day and age of F2P and B2P MMOs.

As I said, I returned after quite a few years, and choose to sub month by month, cause although I love AoC I'm unsure of how long I will stay if we indeed have reach the end of further development for the game (a huge mistake if it was so).
    I'm also quite certain that the vast majority of new players that recently has started to flock the game also chose to play it a bit more safe, along the lines of "I'll try it out for a month and see what happens".

The sub fee should come down to around max 10€/month and the 3, 6 and 12 months should be based on that, lowering it even more to around say 28€, 50€ and 80€ respectively.
    At the same time they also need to think of more in-game incentives to subscribe. As of now there's really not that many reasons to sub. Lifting the gold cap and some posting restrictions being perhaps the only useful ones (not counting vanity items and maybe AA time training).
    How about giving premium players 12 slots to boot with? Being able to make an alt out of every class should be included into premium, without having to buy more char slots.
    Especially in a game were making alts is one of the main ways of compensating for the lack of new content, and it's also a major buff in the achievement system getting all 12 classes to level 80.

Well, enough rambling on my part...
    Come on Funcom, put a flamethrower up the butt of your financial suits if the Excel charts aren't done by now, and make an executive decision regarding the renewed subscription offer.
    Or was everything just an unfortunate slip of the tongue by the CM? i sure hope not.

Angry

No New subscription "prices"? It's newer happens lOl !!!

22.10.2016 Off my and no more new SUBSCRIPTION!!!
    Last edited by Lihavasika; 18th October 2016 at 14:26.