Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Build for ToS

Default Build for ToS

Hello,
    I'm looking for a double build for a ToS PVE: one as dps and one as healer. Can someone post it or link it?

Also what it the Alternate Advancement? And you use AA instead of the regular feat tree or you add it?

AA is Alternate Advancement. Unlike feats, once you spend those points on AAs, they cannot be reset. They all have a benefit though.

Best to use Decisive and Pressing Strikes for dps. You may want to think about Fortifying Empowerment for some raids and tougher K6s. This will give you extra health.

You'll want Prelate at Arms and Steadfast Faith for raids/groups. You will also want Celestial Gaze. This is an extra heal that is affected by Heal Rating. Empowered Mending you will want later for encounters where Steadfast isn't needed.

Coils of the Serpent is one of your best dps attacks. You'll want to get this first. Then work on Idol of Dark Rejuv. This is great for high end raids where AA Heals are needed, but again is only affected by Heal Rating.

For feats, gen really isn't needed. You'll get a better benefit in feating Thunder/Lightning. There really isn't a need for a pure dps and a pure heal spec on any healer in this game. The best thing about a Tos is you could top both the dps and the heal parse when you are experienced enough.

For starting out at 80. I would use this build. You get 2 bubbles, extra healing from Faithful of Set and a extra CC to silence mobs. Silence is good for T3 and groups.

http://goo.gl/36xTz

Obviously it would be adjusted as you get more gear, you can reduce the bubbles to get Column Lightning, but I would keep Faithful of Set as much as possible for extra healing.

This is my all around main T4 build. Not a suicide build.

http://goo.gl/zCz4C
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Thank you! Now I understand better the game

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post

This is my all around main T4 build. Not a suicide build.

http://goo.gl/zCz4C
    Why not avoid the left side of the lighting tree all together and put the five points in rejuvenating spirit to bolster healing (is it not worth the points?)? All I run in group is the blue/green heals, crown, field and shock anyway. What's the group advantage of fury and column over the boost in healing?...Superflous damage dealing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jminnie View Post
    Why not avoid the left side of the lighting tree all together and put the five points in rejuvenating spirit to bolster healing (is it not worth the points?)? All I run in group is the blue/green heals, crown, field and shock anyway. What's the group advantage of fury and column over the boost in healing?...Superflous damage dealing IMO.
    Elemental Fury is an instant cast for aoe damage, and nearly always crits. Column is one of your hardest hitting spells and is the only one that isn't capped on crit damage. I have achieved 15k-20k crits with this spell in skillweave on Zodiac. Why shouldn't a Tos be using all the damage spells they could have? There is no reason to be a healbot.

Blue/green/big heals are enough except in certain K6s, solo healing groups or T4. The tiny bit extra on a green heal might be useful to some people, but I would never spec Gen, and imo, it is a waste of points. I run Dark Idol for T4 anyway, and that is my T4 build.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

this thinking right here is hilarious all tos should be specced to do maximum damage as one of the highest dps classes you should be only focused on dpsing pve or pvp.

There is nothing gained in speccing heals the tiny increase will do nothing to help your group as long as you have a green up and hit blues every 20secs or so pop a big heal when needed thats all thats needed maybe use the heal totum if needed in higher teir raids.

Superflous damage dealing.... iam still crying with laughter

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Elemental Fury is an instant cast for aoe damage, and nearly always crits. Column is one of your hardest hitting spells and is the only one that isn't capped on crit damage. I have achieved 15k-20k crits with this spell in skillweave on Zodiac. Why shouldn't a Tos be using all the damage spells they could have? There is no reason to be a healbot.

Blue/green/big heals are enough except in certain K6s, solo healing groups or T4. The tiny bit extra on a green heal might be useful to some people, but I would never spec Gen, and imo, it is a waste of points. I run Dark Idol for T4 anyway, and that is my T4 build.
    That's fine, I sometimes run out of mana when simply spamming nukes ..Id rather reserve some mana for emergency heals/CCs. Plus any good group should have plenty of dps. Just wondering if the extra specs in the gen tree was worth it. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post
    this thinking right here is hilarious all tos should be specced to do maximum damage as one of the highest dps classes you should be only focused on dpsing pve or pvp.

There is nothing gained in speccing heals the tiny increase will do nothing to help your group as long as you have a green up and hit blues every 20secs or so pop a big heal when needed thats all thats needed maybe use the heal totum if needed in higher teir raids.

Superflous damage dealing.... iam still crying with laughter
    Get over yourself sport...asking questions is what the forum is for. If you don't like them then just STFU and ignore them...ok?

Get over yourself sport...asking questions is what the forum is for. If you don't like them then just STFU and ignore them...ok?
    Forum PvP is all they have left.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

you didnt ask a question you made a statement a stupid one at that

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast