Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: hox dps vs demo dps?

Potions, every single possible buffs and short duration parse to show only how HoX can burst.

Yes, everyone knows that, and a dt can solo tank Arbanus with 3000+ dps, sure, so what.
    But more than 1800 sustained, let's insist here, SUSTAINED, dps on single target as HoX, well, i don't see how. Show a parse or stop misleading the new player who's trying to get a clear answer here.

Now, the thread has been totally hijacked, but to come back on topic, can a HoX specced avatar outdps a demo, the answer is no in 99% of the time.

Well,with my t4 hox i parse around the 1600 range without crit/cr/magic dmg potions.1800+is very much doable on strawman with those.Strawman parses are bad for hox vs demo comparison though.A demo has much less mana management challenge in a raid while going all out than soloing on strawman.Also it makes a difference if he starts parsing without SW on or if he is at like SW 6th stack already when he starts the parse.

On topic after the whole glory of polymorphs fades out,even for the short time you cannot be morphed a hox will fall behind a demo in a raid encounter environment.Good demo will be ahead of good hox unless the encounter favors the hox in some way which usually goes the other way around due to range or other limitations.Now if someone wants to compare BRC trash ,sure hox has the potential to be ahead in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Honestly if it's a demos Fireweave that kills you... you deserve to die. No excuses here. Molten flesh rings a bell ?

Kitting a hox... hmmmh... if you can't land some HfB on someone kitting there's a problem. CoA should also do some mighty damage on a demo. Hard to avoid. Not to mention a HoX can feat the multiple charge and gank the kitting demo by spamming charges and HfB. Not to mention KB a HoX isn't all that easy with the passive KB resistance from morphed form nor the very large AoE of pillars of flame (that can eventually stun aswell) nor the 20m range of flame lash. I wont either talk about the powerfull mana drain combo a HoX can have to reduce nicely any demo's kiiting ability.

Your numbers look like a crit only rotation and isn't all that accurate in actual PvP. I play hox with minimal pvp gear and don't take that much damage.

In short, it is irrelevant to describe a "godly" routine. PvP doesn't work like that. Your oponnent isn't going to stand around watch you, he's going to do stuff and if he's good, he's going to rough up your "routine" and kick your ass. A double tap at the right time, a molten flesh used smartly, a HfB at timed well and all your routine goes to hell.

That's towards what Buyten's post could have led you.
    But anyway that debate is completely off topic. Sorry for the digression.
    Lol man please you don't know what fireweave with fire ring do, so please don't talk.

And about molten flesh, sure you active a buff who fire heal you when you are KB right ?

And if he active it, i will kite him while the buff stop.

Please stop talk about think you don't know, fireweave remove 6 - 8 k life from a tank, in 5 seconds.

So yes i can remove 90% HP of the hox in 5 seconds.

I know you never pvp open, and do only some Mini.

But you shall try someday to gank someone, and you will see what i mean.

So as a Dämo, you can remove 90% HP of the HoX in 5 sec. with" Waves of Fail"?
    Only when the HoX is afk, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by -SIC- View Post
    So as a Dämo, you can remove 90% HP of the HoX in 5 sec. with" Waves of Fail"?
    Only when the HoX is afk, I think.
    No no

you will take 8 k damage in 8 second + my 3 instant before at 2 k.

You can still taunt me, but this is the truth.

Firewave hit at 1 k (minimum damage) every 0.5 second for 5 second.

KB duration is like 5 second.

You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Lol man please you don't know what fireweave with fire ring do, so please don't talk.

And about molten flesh, sure you active a buff who fire heal you when you are KB right ?

And if he active it, i will kite him while the buff stop.

Please stop talk about think you don't know, fireweave remove 6 - 8 k life from a tank, in 5 seconds.

So yes i can remove 90% HP of the hox in 5 seconds.

I know you never pvp open, and do only some Mini.

But you shall try someday to gank someone, and you will see what i mean.
    Don't patronize me. I've PvPed in open-world much more than you and didn't spend 80% of my time back in the days ganking levels 50s because i quote "Dt was weak back then". I don't gank much today indeed since all my characters have too much gear and AA, in my opinion, to make ganking helpless PvErs, most of the time in crap gear and PvE spec, any fun. But i don't expect you to understand this since you don't mind killing undergeared players on horse back talking to NPC's.

Personnal attacks aside, the way you argue is pointless. You've got "The" answer to everything and don't take in consideration your opponents actions and what impact they have in a real time pvp situation. It's like playing rock, paper, scissors and saying "If you go rock i go paper ! And next time you go scissors i'll go rock !. I Win ! It's Mathematics ! It's the truth and we all know it !".

But i'm not the one who's going to prevent you from lustering your ego so i'll leave you ganking AFK hoxes with wave of flames. You might want to head to the conq section and explain to all of us, grim unbelievers, how a sins kills conqs in 6 seconds and a half.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Don't patronize me. I've PvPed in open-world much more than you and didn't spend 80% of my time back in the days ganking levels 50s because i quote "Dt was weak back then". I don't gank much today indeed since all my characters have too much gear and AA, in my opinion, to make ganking helpless PvErs, most of the time in crap gear and PvE spec, any fun. But i don't expect you to understand this since you don't mind killing undergeared players on horse back talking to NPC's.

Personnal attacks aside, the way you argue is pointless. You've got "The" answer to everything and don't take in consideration your opponents actions and what impact they have in a real time pvp situation. It's like playing rock, paper, scissors and saying "If you go rock i go paper ! And next time you go scissors i'll go rock !. I Win ! It's Mathematics ! It's the truth and we all know it !".

But i'm not the one who's going to prevent you from lustering your ego so i'll leave you ganking AFK hoxes with wave of flames. You might want to head to the conq section and explain to all of us, grim unbelievers, how a sins kills conqs in 6 seconds and a half.
    Gank level 50 ?

Ok nice troll, thanks for trying something.

Yes yes so all demo can only kill a hox when he is afk ?

Demo will laugh when they hear this, kb a hox and burn him is already enough.

I honestly wish I was a mod so I could clean this thread a bit... In fact i'd remove most of harmonium's posts on various threads since we are all getting tired of it.

I am actually curious as to how much dps hoxes can push in pve. I used to think I was always better off getting necros and demos in my groups but I've seen god hoxes parse super high recently.
    Last edited by kalston; 4th July 2013 at 13:11.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post
    Gank level 50 ?

Ok nice troll, thanks for trying something.

Yes yes so all demo can only kill a hox when he is afk ?

Demo will laugh when they hear this, kb a hox and burn him is already enough.
    How are you sure you will knock hox with demon form? how do you burn hox with molten flesh on? How do you kite hox with from the beyond? and also how do you kite hox with chains, hfb and flame lash?
    Btw wave of flames hits for 500-600 on good geared demos and crit for around 1k. Every hit is not 1k, specially not vs soldiers.
    And believe it or not but most of us pvpers did more open world pvp than you (judging by your knowledgeable posts).
    One question, do you have high pvp lvl hox?
    I guess not

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I honestly wish I was a mod so I could clean this thread a bit... I am actually curious as to how much dps hoxes can push in pve. I used to think I was always better off getting necros and demos in my groups but I've seen god hoxes parse super high.
    Huhu sorry, i sometimes log on forums only to have a revigorating touch of frustration... i must say i got what i came for here.

On topic, in fine there's a big diffrence in terms of ease between necro/demo and hox in PVE. With my necro who's wearing a mix of SC and BB set with still quite a few blues without pets (pvp spec) and no particular rotation, just throughing spells not paying attention to much nor trying to optimise anything i get around 1.300 dps. It could be better of course but still fine compared to the trouble it takes. I believe a demo would roughly do the same maybe even easier without having to pay attention to PB but i'm not sure. On HoX with wolves gear and trial of flames i reach in the same conditions (PvP avatar build, on a strawman, without an optimized rotation) around 1.000 dps. But it's a lot more trouble just to conciliate combos and HfB, EoX that often need to be triggered between two white hits (you can't preload next hit as easily as all the other classes do).

So if you're grouped with slackers you're better of with demo/necro i think ^^
    Last edited by Vehl; 4th July 2013 at 13:41.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .