Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for leveling tips

Default Looking for leveling tips

So Sidar's guide is great for 80 play, but kinda worthless for actually getting to 80, and this class hasn't stopped being a "late bloomer."

So I know Soul Barrier is basically the very first thing you wanna go towards, but after that it's all kinda up in the air. Here's my current build: http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v10_11f...1e541155811ad0
    I went ahead and grabbed Incinerate Ether as it turns the Mystical Bane combo from a wet noodle into a sledge hammer. I also picked up Seal of Chaos because the tooltip looked way better than it actually is.

And now I don't really know what would be best to spend into next.
    Should I start down the Desecration tree for some splash damage and Frenzy Stance healing? Should I dip 5-10-15 points into General for the Health regen and flat dmg increases?

Any tips are appreciated.

forget about soul barrier in solo pve
    if u skill mystical bane put atleast 1 point in ether reap
    if u want to go down in depravity take vigor&ether leech

in general get max health tap and max dmg and u will be fine for soloing
    Last edited by Mantic0r3; 13th May 2013 at 13:22.

Why would I ever want to avoid Soul Barrier for leveling? It substantially increases the damage I can take. Add Ether Reap and it's like adding even more health tap.

in solo pve u get hit to fast with low dmg hits which will drain ur mana to 0 instantly and u cant use more useful stuff like pact of malacador

While Soul Barrier is a nice feat, it is not necessarily the first thing you should get, nor is it one that should be used all the time. (Having Soul Barrier active tends to make you lose all you mana, which can prevent you from casting other spells.)

One of the defining features of the DT is all the taps (Health, Mana, and even Stamina) that you can get, but since the amount they restore is a percentage of how much damage you deal, you need to do plenty of damage for the taps to be effective.
    Doing high damage also means that you can kill your enemies quicker, before they have time to do much damage to you, thereby reducing the need for protection. :-)

There is generally not much need to go into the General tree, unless you are tanking in which case the increased Armor and/or increased Protection feats can be very useful.

Don't discount Seal of Chaos too quickly. For only one feat point it is actually very useful, especially if you some of the other feats that add effects to Seal of Chaos. (Ether Reap, Consuming Bulwark, and Crystallized Ether all does this.)

At your level I would use something like http://goo.gl/eUMTg
    My own DT is currently at level 63 and uses the following: http://goo.gl/oqt4s which seems to work fine.

A common advice seems to be that for solo play you should concentrate almost completely on the Desecration Tree.
    I don't quite agree, but I won't call that advice wrong either. It is largely a question of taste and playstyle which tree you should concentrate on, but Covenant of Arms, and Pact of Malacador are nearly must-have traits.

For leveling, it would be just best to go full desecration, mainly because you can get covenant of arms and pact of malacador very early.
    With very few points you can get a huge dps increase from desecration at low level, but use the same amount of points and go full depravity and you'll see that the benefit you get from it is much lower, mainly because the best tools in depravity are reachable at higher level.

So get that asap :

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v10_11f...243412494126f0

Then you can start feating into depravity/general if you want to be more tankish.

But the main point is to focus first on your dps output, a dt is not a guard, so don't make it a turtle because it will limit your character and its progression.

A dt is meant to be aggressive, it has to be feated and played that way.

See, all of this is missing from the new forums. xD

Thanks for the help everyone. I'll refeat for PoM and CoA and see what kinda difference it makes.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikT View Post
    At your level I would use something like http://goo.gl/eUMTg
    Quick question on this - Is that one point in Vigor Leech even worth it?
    Last edited by Schwann145; 13th May 2013 at 14:21.

Since the sprint revamp, you'll never run out of stamina, no matter what, so the only reason to feat into that would be to get ether leech, but that will be a 6 pointer for 6.1% physical mana tap, which is just too expensive imho.

I for one just refeated all my builds to get rid of vigor leech and ether leech, re-investing those 6 points into consuming bulwark (3 points), crystallized ether (2 points) and devourer's might (maxed out later on).

Just one point in Vigor Leech is not terribly useful, but the intention is to put more points there as you level up for three reasons:
    First to able to get Ether Leech which can be quite nice to have, especially if you have Soul Barrier activated.
    Secondly just to work downwards the tree. The other early feats in the depravity tree are not all that great either, so it is not like you lose much by putting the points in Vigor Leech.
    And the third reason is that I disagree that you never run out of stamina. At level 80 that might be true, but not at lower levels.

I get magic damage rings, Battlemage cloak (or AoK cloak), some wisdom necklace, sagacious chest, and some heavy armor to level. In instances, I switch to talisman tanking (only rings, cloak, and necklace are giving magic damage).
    What is the Shadowed Blade, and what does each point in it do (I feat it not knowing what it is)?
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast