Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls Online Beta

From what I have seen, it was pretty drab and lack luster tbh, hope they can spice it up a bit.
    A bocor creates a zombie by walking to his victim's house backward. He sucks out the person's soul through an opening in the door, then quickly blows it in a bottle which is then sealed. Without a soul, the victim wastes away and dies and after burial, the bocur digs up the body and casts a spell over it.

DAWNSONG - Active since 2008

LOVE YOUR DEVELOPERS, THEY'RE REAL PEOPLE TOO.

It's just like Blizz games. They can release anything and people will still play it. Just because i played Warcraft alot it doesn't mean i have to play Heartstone.

I can't play Skyrim more than 5 minutes. I enjoyed it about 50h, but then the combat system was too annoying. Ai so imba when everything is fine aslong as you crouch right infront of someone.

Lot of hate for this game, but I can guarantee you it was the same for AoC and every other MMO before it (except maybe WoW) during beta phases. Hell, when I first played AoC beta I uninstalled it after an hour. Four years later I had five 80s and thousands of hours logged, and was defending it like a rabid dog.

The fact is, this is an AoC forum so you're gonna get a skewed view from all the opinions. Take it from someone who has made his peace with AoC and opened up to new things. TESO has great potential. It's nothing especially groundbreaking, but I had a great time during beta and can't wait until April when I will gladly pay the sub fee. Afterall, everyone knows what happens to MMOs that start F2P (or B2P like GW2).
    "On a long enough timeline, everyone's survival rate drops to zero."

ORDER

Datolite - barb, Zionite - sin, Ekanite - pom, Kianite - dt, Magnesite - guard, Ademite - hox

You can get a beta key at Curse:

http://www.curse.com/betas/teso-beta-key-giveaway

You have to register at their site to get it then hit the "Enter" button to get your key. They have 500k keys.

Quote Originally Posted by JoelForPrez View Post
    You can get a beta key at Curse:

http://www.curse.com/betas/teso-beta-key-giveaway

You have to register at their site to get it then hit the "Enter" button to get your key. They have 500k keys.

They give now beta keys and to non-premium members. I got mine today... I'll give it a try...

breton templar ftw ! >.<
    "I am he, who the lord has chosen !... You snivelling boy... I AM THE THIRD REVELATION !"

Played the second beta for a few hours and I'm even more unimpressed

If Funcom doesn't come up with more contend, I'm not sure where I will go, but certainly not ESO. It's really boring...

What's funny is that ESO is 20 GB download, while AOC, a 5 year old game, is 25 gb download. I think that shows how far ahead AOC was back in the days. Also my laptop show that it can run ESO on Ultra, but maximum view distance in the game appears to be about 100m.............................................. .......

I missed the last beta phase so no idea what has changed from that. Definitely liking it better this time around from when I saw it before. Graphics are greatly improved, the real voice acting is in instead of phers and the skills are far more fleshed out.

Still a few nit-picky things I don't care for plus it seems to be aimed at a pretty casual audience. Hopefully the flashing neon signs saying "TRAP HERE!" in the dungeons are replaced by actual traps at some point.

Made a dark elf character that looks exactly like a female Hugo Weaving from LotR. Not saying that's a plus... just saying.

Could see myself playing it but the question, since it has a sub, is how much content will there be on release and how fast can they add more.

Hmm. It appears that it is just a Star Wars the Old Republic mod going behind Age of Conan in all aspects except for the street date.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast