Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Khitai Faction Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by uncreativex View Post
    I've decided to go with the int epic accessories (except for keeping lacunal nexus) - while Ai cloak + ToD ring might be a tiny bit better, I think the difference must be imperceptible when you factor in Will of the Sublime.
    Burn to Death is your main combo (it only gives out critical hits on DoTs with Prince of Terror, right?), so the difference is large with magic damage accessories. Also, when you use a single-target build with HoE and AoX, you get MSS and Pillars with the same DoT. Once I get T4 rings, I shall parse two similar strawman fights for comparison.
    Also, keep in mind that there are two Lacunal Nexus versions, both at level 80, and both blue(!!!) You have to get the +55 MD one, not +52.

And anyways, Funcom is bound to fix the int/combat rating (fire) bug for hoxes at some point, right? Right guys? ^^
    Nope. Necromancers have the same bug. Also, I am not sure if Exultation of Xotli should really affect magic DoTs from Burn to Death, MSS, or Pillars.

None in my guild seems to do Coppice/Dugout often (camping unchaineds mostly), and since I got lucky and got the Harbinger of Acheron, I don't have to spend them on the Hyrkanian sword.
    Coppice is run as a PUG very often. Dugout requires voice communications and is usually run with a group of friends.

The new epic cloak from Caravan, necklace and rings from redesigned HMs are worth looking into; but they might not improve one's damage on account of having less magic damage (cloak), less hit rating (accessories), or being too pink for the demon-god Xotli. I would love to get them though!

PVE: Ideally, 2xRing of Scalding (+hit rating), 1xLacunal Nexus +55, 1xCloak of Waking Nightmares, T3.5 (more hit rating)/BB (easy to get)/T4 gear, T3(high hit rating)/T4/AoK HM (hit rating and critical hits) sword should be my setup.

PVP: PVP T3 cloak, rings, necklace; PVE T3.5 (more armor)/BB (easy to get)/T4 belt, gloves, wrists, shoulders; PVP T3 boots, legs, hat, chest; sword: only Trial of Flame for the armor boost.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 22nd January 2014 at 06:01.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

So T4 Int ring < Dreamers Keepsake < Ring of Scalding ?????
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerfan View Post
    So T4 Int ring < Dreamers Keepsake < Ring of Scalding ?????
    PVE: T4 < Dreamer's Keepsake < Ring of Storms < Burned Band of Smoking Cinders < Ring of Scalding
    PVP: PVP T2-T3 rings.

Yeah. If your hit rating is high enough, I would combine Ring of Scalding and Burned Band of Smoking Cinders, or even take two Burned Bands of Smoking Cinders.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 23rd January 2014 at 05:33.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Once I get T4 rings, I shall parse two similar strawman fights for comparison.

Nope. Necromancers have the same bug. Also, I am not sure if Exultation of Xotli should really affect magic DoTs from Burn to Death, MSS, or Pillars.

Always nice to have people make statements on things they have not tested .

Default ??

Can i join to hyrkanians when i am already with wolves?

Quote Originally Posted by cahoun9 View Post
    Can i join to hyrkanians when i am already with wolves?
    Unforunately not, they don't get along so you cant be a member of both those faction. You can however change faction by doing an atonement quest. So to join Hyrkanians you will click on a poster in Northern Grasslands and it will order you to slay some *******s from the other faction.

This will you get you to -5000 standings so you need to kill some more to get in to positive standings and be able to pick up quests.

Wolves Point(1117,1410)
    Hyrkanians Point(514,1240)
    Retired

Hi all,

I was looking for some gear-advice on my new level 80 HoX and I can see that there is a consensus about some blue gear which are better than purple.

What i don't get is that for ex, the recommendation of Lacunal Nexus (http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...unal_nexus.jpg) over, for example, the Tiger necklace (http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...igers_will.jpg)

if the information provided on the Wiki is correct about Intelligence (see here: http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Intelligence), I do not understand why the Lacunal Nexus is better than the Tiger Necklace as the Tiger will get a better mana pool, magic dammage, other derivated stats from intell and just slightly less hit rating (10 point).

If someone can give me a quick explanation why lacunal is better, it will be greately appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by bobviolette View Post
    Hi all,

I was looking for some gear-advice on my new level 80 HoX and I can see that there is a consensus about some blue gear which are better than purple.

What i don't get is that for ex, the recommendation of Lacunal Nexus (http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...unal_nexus.jpg) over, for example, the Tiger necklace (http://static.is-better-than.tv/armo...igers_will.jpg)

if the information provided on the Wiki is correct about Intelligence (see here: http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Intelligence), I do not understand why the Lacunal Nexus is better than the Tiger Necklace as the Tiger will get a better mana pool, magic dammage, other derivated stats from intell and just slightly less hit rating (10 point).

If someone can give me a quick explanation why lacunal is better, it will be greately appreciated.
    That's because the DoT of the Burn to Death combos contributes a lot to our dps. The DoT is currently affected by Magic Damage only and not by INT. However there is a fix on the test servers that makes the damage from INT work on the DoT which is why, as soon as this hits the live servers, the Tiger necklace is going to be superior to Lacunal Nexus.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456