Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Returning Vet just checking out to see what's changed

Quote Originally Posted by mercsteff View Post
    back in the day, 4-5 years ago or so, when a hox started pillars, everyone on earth knew what he was about to do just by the animation's start, so if those 6 were still in range when the pillar finished, they deserve to die... they are roadkill...
    This was longer than 4-5 years ago. More like 6-7, almost 8 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruhenous View Post
    This was longer than 4-5 years ago. More like 6-7, almost 8 years ago.
    think i stopped playing in 2010 or 2011... so about then. I wasn't a pvp player, but I knew the best pvp hoxes back then, so my knowledge in that respect is from what they shared...

btw, I've just re-installed the game to check it out... Anyone care to give me a brief overview of whats going on with the class nowadays and maybe a bit about raiding content? Knowing funcom, I doubt there's much change in terms of the raiding builds... Kinda expect my 5 year old build to still be viable. Think last I had the t3 set. Whats the count at now? T5 or have they changed how gearing up works at end game?
    Last edited by Anzu; 10th August 2016 at 14:13.

they made a mini-revamp of hox some time ago. the most important thing is that now int increases the damage of btd dot (before it was only magic damage). other than that, they changed a few feats here and there, but nothing substantial.

about gear, sorry, but the t3 hox set is horrible. the bb blue set is already better than that. however, i'm not sure that farming faction gear is a good idea. probably nowdays it's just easier to get t3.5/t4 gear, which is a decent starting point for t5/t6.

talking about higher tiers, the t5 rune is awesome, and you should try to get it as soon as possible. and, of course, t6 gear is the best that you can get at the moment. however, hox belt and boots are horrible. you should get the demo/necro pieces instead.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

Quote Originally Posted by Yawgmoth-VDN View Post
    they made a mini-revamp of hox some time ago. the most important thing is that now int increases the damage of btd dot (before it was only magic damage). other than that, they changed a few feats here and there, but nothing substantial.

about gear, sorry, but the t3 hox set is horrible. the bb blue set is already better than that. however, i'm not sure that farming faction gear is a good idea. probably nowdays it's just easier to get t3.5/t4 gear, which is a decent starting point for t5/t6.

talking about higher tiers, the t5 rune is awesome, and you should try to get it as soon as possible. and, of course, t6 gear is the best that you can get at the moment. however, hox belt and boots are horrible. you should get the demo/necro pieces instead.
    got the brittle blades set, except for gloves I think, which used to drop in one instance that was bugged, so no one could do it back then.

Nice about btd, but did they fix the stacking from other hoxes in raids? I remember that was a big problem we had so, we had to adjust rotations...

whats this rune business? Sounds like a new addition. Where does it go or how do you use it?

Quote Originally Posted by mercsteff View Post
    got the brittle blades set, except for gloves I think, which used to drop in one instance that was bugged, so no one could do it back then.

Nice about btd, but did they fix the stacking from other hoxes in raids? I remember that was a big problem we had so, we had to adjust rotations...

whats this rune business? Sounds like a new addition. Where does it go or how do you use it?
    Yea, you can stack your DoT's with other HoX now. And the t5 rune is a buyable buff you get for 90 t5 relics and killing all 4 t5 bosses. It increase the DoT damage of BtD by 10% and increase the damage done by HS6/Quickening Death.

Yea, you can stack your DoT's with other HoX now. And the t5 rune is a buyable buff you get for 90 t5 relics and killing all 4 t5 bosses. It increase the DoT damage of BtD by 10% and increase the damage done by HS6/Quickening Death.
    also increase duration on btd dot by 6 seconds or something, OP as ****, need to be completly disabled or nerfed alot more in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    also increase duration on btd dot by 6 seconds or something, OP as ****, need to be completly disabled or nerfed alot more in pvp
    Completely agree. I don't think any PvE related buff should be usable in PvE, especially one that is as powerful as the HoX t5 rune.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyyr View Post
    Yo dude tbh i think it will be better to make runes buyable with victory tokens from pvp fest. But eh, we all know FC policy about pvp.

Completely agree. I don't think any PvE related buff should be usable in PvE, especially one that is as powerful as the HoX t5 rune.
    It carries a -500 pvp combat rating and -100 pvp magic damage debuff.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    It carries a -500 pvp combat rating and -100 pvp magic damage debuff.
    For avatar hox who cares. There are tons of str, cr, int and mag dmg in demon form. And ava hox is in form in 80% of mini.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast