Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XP gaining.

Default XP gaining.

Hey!
    Would be there a possibility to add a NPC to a game (or have i missed it hehe) wich allow lock/unlock xp gaining or have ability wich reduces heavily a XP gaining?
    It doesn effect really anyway other players game, but can provide a little bit peace for a players who loves to turn around a stones here, and there all around Hyboria and still not miss ''purist'' achievements just because did not go towards a Stygia first or something like that.
    Either is doesnt really give a opportunity to make overpowered builds/gears in a pvp aspect either.

Just curious about this, and thanks for a replies. (if not already missed a NPC wich allow me to do so).
    Last edited by tratek83; 31st August 2016 at 05:15. Reason: Really horrible english, and noticed that there was a missing part from my message.

There is nothing in-game to allow you to stop xp gain. It has been requested many times but likely will never be implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    There is nothing in-game to allow you to stop xp gain. It has been requested many times but likely will never be implemented.
    Thanks for a reply, and aha okay sounds like funcom is not really interested about this kind of request.

Quote Originally Posted by tratek83 View Post
    Thanks for a reply, and aha okay sounds like funcom is not really interested about this kind of request.
    Mostly, it is Funcom won't devote the time/resources to fixing anything or improving on existing systems. It is pretty much a blanket "Nope", no matter what you ask them.

Mostly, it is Funcom won't devote the time/resources to fixing anything or improving on existing systems. It is pretty much a blanket "Nope", no matter what you ask them.
    Could be true, and besides i have no idea how much effort would make a NPC in agame to stop incoming XP from all source and then turn it back on. Sounds like not a big job from a professionals, but it does effect while gaining too much experience/levelling too quickly and no way to control it when wanna also do a achievements. Others may they own opinions, but i dont like that i am pretty soon after travelled to other lands i would require to run to stygian first to get a quests(questlines) for Black Castle to get most out of it because it does requir minimum four players to run it.

Quote Originally Posted by tratek83 View Post
    Could be true, and besides i have no idea how much effort would make a NPC in agame to stop incoming XP from all source and then turn it back on. Sounds like not a big job from a professionals, but it does effect while gaining too much experience/levelling too quickly and no way to control it when wanna also do a achievements. Others may they own opinions, but i dont like that i am pretty soon after travelled to other lands i would require to run to stygian first to get a quests(questlines) for Black Castle to get most out of it because it does requir minimum four players to run it.
    If they had coded the game in a specific way from the beginning, with an idea like that in mind, then it would be a simple change. But that was never on their minds, so the games code likely is no-where close to allowing such a thing to be possible.

If they had coded the game in a specific way from the beginning, with an idea like that in mind, then it would be a simple change. But that was never on their minds, so the games code likely is no-where close to allowing such a thing to be possible.
    No, if this would be the reason there would be no +% xp potions, no arenas, no difference between premium and f2p xp gain. There might not have been a specific flag designed for this, but there definitely is a spot for a charbound multiplier on xp in the formula.

It IS a simple change, just add a 0% multiplier xp potion or add a flag to that formula. No need to reinvent the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2016 View Post
    No, if this would be the reason there would be no +% xp potions, no arenas, no difference between premium and f2p xp gain. There might not have been a specific flag designed for this, but there definitely is a spot for a charbound multiplier on xp in the formula.

It IS a simple change, just add a 0% multiplier xp potion or add a flag to that formula. No need to reinvent the wheel.
    You make a really good point. I honestly didn't think about adding in a 0% multiplier to work like the xp potions. I wonder if there might be something else in the code preventing xp gains from being 0 some how.

It seems rather silly now that they couldn't do this rather easily. I would love to get an explanation from a dev about why this could or couldn't work. If only they would read these forums and respond to questions.

You make a really good point. I honestly didn't think about adding in a 0% multiplier to work like the xp potions. I wonder if there might be something else in the code preventing xp gains from being 0 some how.

It seems rather silly now that they couldn't do this rather easily. I would love to get an explanation from a dev about why this could or couldn't work. If only they would read these forums and respond to questions.
    You might have a point about the zero, but they still manage to deactivate xp and have removed pve xp gain from pvp in the past (and then it was already a diminishing gain). Still 1 xp or a low percentage would be better to allow participating in some runs for pvp chars as well than the actual standard.

I have already written in another thread about my conversation with one of the support team representatives over e-mail about this problem.

His response was that owing to the goal of the game being level-80, there is no possibility to implement any tools to slow down XP gain.

Here are the letter and answer:

Dear Sirs and Mesdames:

As an additional question, I desire to know how to disable daily challenge rewards, as they deter me from resorting to PVP. I tend to level up to a certain level (18-19), log in for a couple of minigames, and log off. Now, if I try to do that, I shall outlevel 19 and be promoted to the 20-39 frame. I ought to find a way to disable the daily challenge rewards somehow.

I implore you to answer each question in the letter, and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,
    [my name here]

The answer from a Funcom representative:

Additionally, we have no way of turning off XP gain. As the intended objective of the game is to reach level 80, we do not have a way to stop progression.

Again, we are very sorry for any inconvenience this issue has caused you. If have anymore questions, concerns, or comments, please do not hesitate to reply to this email for further support. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your time and support. Please have a great day!

In other words, it was a courteous way to tell me to bug off forever. According to Funcom, you can buy a level-80 character and finish the game (uninstall it, in other words). Also, PVP levels do not matter, as Funcom stated, or implicitly stated by not stating, above.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 21st September 2016 at 06:19.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast