Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: It is happening...

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofRuin View Post
    I can't speak for all the players, but I've personally noticed a massive shift of attention go from Khitai, 6 mans, and Raid instances to the Raid Finder and only the Raid Finder since its launch. As a player who regularly assembles groups to Unchained Dungeons daily and looks for pug raids, the ability to fill group content has plummeted to literally nigh impossible. I spent 3 hours on 3 separate days during peak hours trying to get an Unchained dungeon filled. I rotated between different dungeons, and different classes and was still unable to do so. This has led me to one undeniable conclusion:

The rewards for Raid Finder and the frequency of its availability are far too powerful.

Having a repeatable instance that takes low effort and yields t4 relics and dragon tears with no cooldown is unbalanced, plain and simple. Why run a 6 man or work on factions when you can just grind a tank and spank instance over and over again and get t4 gear?

There has to be some fine tuning on this particular game aspect. It's been out since mid-summer and the rate of group play has slowly diminished in all other corners of the game -- all because of the simplicity and quick access to high tier gear that doesn't involve the rest of the games' content.

I would really like to have a Dev address this issue. You guys have data available for where your players frequent. How many players have deserted group instances since Raid Finder came out?

A couple simple solutions would be to eliminate dragon tears from raid finder and only award simple relic IV for the purple boxes, or to add a cooldown.

Again, I'm interested in what the community thinks about this, as I was originally on board with the RF, but have started to see it as damaging and unbalanced when you take a step back.

V
    Well, you asked.

Every single time someone is looking for people to fill a group they want gear, aa's and experience. Since I'm lacking the experience, to date have never done a single Khitai or Unchained dungeon, they prefer to just wait for someone else.

I joined a couple of pug raids where it was insisted that I *must* have voice chat. After installing and getting it working I then spent the next few hours listening to the most incessant, inane, asinine, ego stroking babbling I have ever subjected myself to. That was from the *leaders* of the raid. The end of all that when we got to the bosses was, "Stand here, hit the mob when we pull it to you." Yeah, damn good thing I had voice chat for that. I thanked them and left the raid, telling myself never, ever again.

Flip side: I've never done a single raid finder and have no interest in doing so. But I can see where it provides something at least for others in the same solo or quit boat as me though obviously I can't comment on the level of rewards versus effort involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    Well, you asked.

Every single time someone is looking for people to fill a group they want gear, aa's and experience. Since I'm lacking the experience, to date have never done a single Khitai or Unchained dungeon, they prefer to just wait for someone else.

I joined a couple of pug raids where it was insisted that I *must* have voice chat. After installing and getting it working I then spent the next few hours listening to the most incessant, inane, asinine, ego stroking babbling I have ever subjected myself to. That was from the *leaders* of the raid. The end of all that when we got to the bosses was, "Stand here, hit the mob when we pull it to you." Yeah, damn good thing I had voice chat for that. I thanked them and left the raid, telling myself never, ever again.

Flip side: I've never done a single raid finder and have no interest in doing so. But I can see where it provides something at least for others in the same solo or quit boat as me though obviously I can't comment on the level of rewards versus effort involved.
    If you're the least bit competent on your toon and can listen to simple instructions, most 6 man groups will take you. 90% of 6 mans are faceroll easy. The exception to that is if you're expected to be the main tank. You can get quite a bit of gear doing solo dungeons and pugs until you're ready to tackle 6 mans.

Simple solution for jerks in vent is mute/volume. If you can't tolerate big egos and a'holes, the world of MMOs is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldofRuin View Post
    I can't speak for all the players, but I've personally noticed a massive shift of attention go from Khitai, 6 mans, and Raid instances to the Raid Finder and only the Raid Finder since its launch. As a player who regularly assembles groups to Unchained Dungeons daily and looks for pug raids, the ability to fill group content has plummeted to literally nigh impossible. I spent 3 hours on 3 separate days during peak hours trying to get an Unchained dungeon filled. I rotated between different dungeons, and different classes and was still unable to do so. This has led me to one undeniable conclusion:

The rewards for Raid Finder and the frequency of its availability are far too powerful.

Having a repeatable instance that takes low effort and yields t4 relics and dragon tears with no cooldown is unbalanced, plain and simple. Why run a 6 man or work on factions when you can just grind a tank and spank instance over and over again and get t4 gear?

There has to be some fine tuning on this particular game aspect. It's been out since mid-summer and the rate of group play has slowly diminished in all other corners of the game -- all because of the simplicity and quick access to high tier gear that doesn't involve the rest of the games' content.

I would really like to have a Dev address this issue. You guys have data available for where your players frequent. How many players have deserted group instances since Raid Finder came out?

A couple simple solutions would be to eliminate dragon tears from raid finder and only award simple relic IV for the purple boxes, or to add a cooldown.

Again, I'm interested in what the community thinks about this, as I was originally on board with the RF, but have started to see it as damaging and unbalanced when you take a step back.

V
    This times 1000.

Put a cooldown on raidfinder and/or get rid of dragon tears. It's destroying what's left of the game.

funny ppl around) i remember same qq about arena, now no one care. after half year, when ppl got their t4 and rings, no one will care too.
    no ppl for k6? why you think that cd or removing something from rf will help?
    imo, to pull ppl back to k6, fail.com should fix prices(gold&rares) on khitai gear. they must be between t3-t3.5 and t4
    no ppl for raid? easy) stop asking for xp on every corner and make learning raids, at least 1-2 per week.

since all want their shiny stuff, ppl will always go "easy" way. if you want ppl for something you should attract them. aa/gear/xp is not attractive at all, same as 1 shard for rl etc.

Time of day is also very important for how quickly things fill. I've noticed a fairly steady decline over the past few years in terms of players online during US evenings. This is effecting both AoC and TSW. People just keep leaving the Funcom games.

Yeah. It's funny how the servers are in the US when there's barely anyone online when the Europeans go to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    Time of day is also very important for how quickly things fill. I've noticed a fairly steady decline over the past few years in terms of players online during US evenings. This is effecting both AoC and TSW. People just keep leaving the Funcom games.
    Can you blame them? Most US players I've seen over the years have very little desire to do any raids post T4. 1 US guild actively raiding T6.... and the raids about on its last breath. We can't even fill a T5 raid.

RF killed what groups there were, at least a long time ago there were different dungeons, now its Flame/Vort/Palace sweeps. People still have trouble doing coppice.

Majority of people have no interest in learning their class, getting better at it, and just blame the gear or others when they fail to do their job.

Funcom isn't helping the matter with the RF nor with the false belief they are really working on anything.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Ty funcom that i don't need to attend turan guildpugs in wed nor guild t4 raids in saturday nights. Thx for funcom so i don't need to do guild main raids tuesday, thursday or monday nights. Thx for funcom that i have 4 players left in friends list instead of dozens.. Why am i here still????

I made the suggestion to only drop dragon tears and t3 rares from the purple boxes, not from routine blue boxes.

RF doesn't pop that much anyway, it might take an hour or more to fill and run one. I have 14 alts to 15 alts doing it and I've only done about six so far this week what with work and guild raids. Its not like I can easily farm 10 to 15 a day

RF is the only way to get those rings though. If Funcom would add in shards for t4 plus raids, that would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    Ty funcom that i don't need to attend turan guildpugs in wed nor guild t4 raids in saturday nights. Thx for funcom so i don't need to do guild main raids tuesday, thursday or monday nights. Thx for funcom that i have 4 players left in friends list instead of dozens.. Why am i here still????
    Firstly - am I one of the chosen four on friend list?
    Secondly - you are still here because you like me and swedes (the vegetable) in general.
    Thirdly - isnt it still summer and slacking?
    Fourthly - soon people are ringed out in RF and petted out in Pet pit.
    Fivethly - slithering chaos is coming...... eventually.
    Sixthly - you need to claim daily login rewards.
    Last edited by Maark; 16th September 2016 at 19:53.
    Retired