Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Funcom for the love of all the gods in this world. Let us Sign up As a group!

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    The system worked BEFORE, the best 6 group dominated and the majority are forced to play better, get better and make friends to compete. That's how people improve and get better.
    Before, there were multiple servers, many huge guilds, and people to play. Today, there are BARELY enough people to get a single mini going in the evenings. This is 6 year old aoc, not 2008.

Zerg vs zerg then cap (bori part 2), and premade vs pug, is not the way to spice up pvp.

Spaart, I would love to have the old days back brother. Let's be reasonable and try to go forward, not live in the past.

Giggity.
    Last edited by Loaf-of-Evil; 21st May 2014 at 23:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    The system worked before, the best 6 group dominated and the majority are forced to play better, get better and make friends to compete. That's how people improve and get better
    That's the dumbest reply i've heard.
    That's not how people improve and get better, you cannot force anyone to play better, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    That's the dumbest reply i've heard.
    That's not how people improve and get better, you cannot force anyone to play better, lol.
    ugh im not forcing them, they don't have to pvp.
    But if one wants to compete they'd have to get better regardless. So If they choose to play like crap, then they will get stomped like bad players.

Like any team related sports, they team that gets stomped they'd have to play and practice to win. That's how people improve. What you think people magically just become best in games, sports, movies etc? No they were first shown whats up and eventually had to do better to compete...

Right now there is no competition. Mini games are filled with crap players that can't even land a combo. Because they do not need to, just go afk and with luck they get on the winning team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Still what Nightshadow described was exactly what happened during the premade era. Getting a "pug" premade vs premade was really rare...and when the premade behaved badly, of course people stopped signing minis or fighting them.

And open world...how successfull was this concept to keep premades vs pugs fighting in Bori or other zones like white sands?

Imo, nothing speaks against trying it out again like it was or modified (the 2-3 friends version) by replacing the tournament queue though.
    back then the gear gap was massive and there was 8% mitigation buffs for t3 seige citys.

now there is no gear gap an seige buffs do next to nothing..

to a pvper, nothing is fun about full pug minis. it is just random luck, you are forced to play with people you don't even like, you are forced to watch half your team leave the second you are losing.

pros and cons of allowing 3 or 6 people in a group for minis.

Pros:
    can play with friends
    can play organised pvp
    creates content ( people form groups to try beat the group thats winning)
    you will earn your tokens/gear
    wont have to deal with people afk/leaving game as often ( even though you guys think its the other way around for some reason)

cons:
    pve guilds will just farm tokens in groups ( who cares )

come on funcom, give back to pvpers for a change.

you took KD out of the game for the pvers
    you took combo skipping out of the game for the pvers
    you took chain cc out of the game for the pvers
    You took grouping in pvp out of the game for pvers

GIVE SOMETHING BACK TO THE PVPERS! afterall, it IS PVP we are talking about.

in other news, http://youtu.be/8iY8JHIEpno
    Last edited by GeldourConq; 22nd May 2014 at 07:09.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    premades used to happen all the time BEFORE they put toury made in. then, none happened.

why? Because people formed premades to try and beat the premade team that was winning. It CREATED content.

no one premades at all now and its stupid :/

let us group again so that content happens. The gear gap is not an issue at all anymore so i do not see any reason why we can't group with friends again and make our own content.

Why is it ok by funcom for people to get 20 ppl to fight 6 in the world, but not ok for 6 mates to want a fair 6v6 in a mini??
    I don't remember many guilds doing this. I mainly remember most players forming premades to pug stomp and as soon as a real, competitive premade was seen they would avoid that group at all costs. In some cases, 2 pug stomp groups would leave on each other trying to get pug only groups.

The only people left who did real competitive premades 24-7 all ended up in the same guild at one point towards the end of that era, so I can't agree this is 100% true. I think for a time you are correct, when there was more than one pvp guild and talent was more spread out, but that has not been true since late 2011 at least on US servers.

Your trying to use 2009 logic and apply it to a game that is quite different in 2014 with a hugely replaced player base and only a few old crusty players that have been here to remember the older pvp days.

2-3 man team sign ups is the way to go, I'm not sure that AoC, with this newer, unchallenged player base, is ready for full premade groups. Most actual pvpers agree with that when you see what your working with in minis at the pug level. I know I won't have any fun pug stomping because under the old system you WILL get pugs as often as premades.
    Last edited by Suctum; 22nd May 2014 at 09:20.
    Doomsayer 2008

Sounds like arenas (or a small map) with player customizeable rules would be the way to make both sides happy.

Problem with minis now is, that you only see who is queued and in which team, when it is too late.
    Since 2009 i was hoping for some kind of pvp minigame lobby...like a hub leading to various activities (short and longterm, solo and group) rather than an abstract number queue...

For example you could have a lobby with various grouped players waiting. There could be some buff or color effect marking them as grouped. The leaders could talk to certain npcs who would open gates to the playfields. When two group leaders are inside the gate and thus agreed to the rules and some public countdown passed, the groups could be teleported to the mini/playfield. PuG players or solo players could see who signed where and decide, if they want to join "games" with room or not.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 22nd May 2014 at 11:03.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    you took KD out of the game for the pvers
    you took combo skipping out of the game for the pvers
    you took chain cc out of the game for the pvers
    You took grouping in pvp out of the game for pvers

GIVE SOMETHING BACK TO THE PVPERS! afterall, it IS PVP we are talking about.
    http://youtu.be/8iY8JHIEpno

All you said was removed by request of your pro pvp friends.
    Last edited by Redd; 22nd May 2014 at 11:21.

using stamina pots in spellweave was also taken away because pvp whining (don't really matter now, but just to point out)
    using stamina pots on casters was also removed because of pvp whining
    turning while in spellweave was removed because pvp whining
    most nerfs to classes are because pvp whining

stop whining, adapt and play the damn game. you people are never happy no matter what get changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    All you said was removed by request of your pro pvp friends.
    aww whatever.

no pvper in any game would want kd removed, no real pvper anyway. pvpers like to show off there stats. keyboard turners that tank pve bosses and get farmed in pvp however.. prefer to keep those stats hidden. lucky for them this is the only pvp game in the world that hides how bad people are.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast