Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director's Letter - September 2013

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Thanks, very informative Q&A

BTW if you don't like the idea of buffing pvp weapons then there is a need to making PVE ones less effective in PVP (no idea how). Buffing pvp seems like easier solution.
    I think it is likely a moot point anyway, in that the PvE budgets are beyond what the top tier PvP gear is close to anyway.

So buffing them up to be more equivalent should be a pretty decent boost, without worrying too much about the problems of exploiting.

For the record, I was a fan of the old system we had on raid gear, with heroic stats, which prevented it from being too effective outside of raids. Helped keep that PvP to PvE balance in place.

it’s an ambitious undertaking, trying to put the classes on an even keel, and it seems likely that we will have to choose a single ruleset to enable with this feature first.
    what i understood was you will choose one server and fully implement unchained working in that server with only unchained working.

i does seem interesting that crit chance will come in the form of rewarding experience of crafter and getting craft buffs with raid boss kills and special forges sounds actualy cool.
    but i think people will be displeased if items with better lucky crits will be too superir to unlucky version.
    i think that an item could be perfected by an artist and not randomly get improved by a lucky noob, something wich is kinda reflected in oriental culture of broken things being mended by use of and gold.
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-J5bA8mY-Ys...mended-pot.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    For the record, I was a fan of the old system we had on raid gear, with heroic stats, which prevented it from being too effective outside of raids. Helped keep that PvP to PvE balance in place.
    then why not add it back and adjust current t2&t3 pvp armors and weapons?

anyway thx for answers.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    then why not add it back and adjust current t2&t3 pvp armors and weapons?
    Mostly because it is a lot of work and I believe the code which handled the heroic stats was removed as well. I will discuss other solutions with the guys though.

Mostly because it is a lot of work and I believe the code which handled the heroic stats was removed as well. I will discuss other solutions with the guys though.
    just keep in mind that despite some people over rage about this it realy is an issue wich afects balance between classes alot in pvp.

players who dont raid/pve depending on class they play get seriously afected by this.

in my experience playing necro-dt-(ranger when it was a proper class with combos)

i feel necro/demo/ranger/sin get very dimished by using pvp gear as oposed to how they can perform with t4 gear/kithai epics, overall those classes get best performance possible of class by not using pvp gear at all given the stats are so poor on them for those classes.

soldiers & healers & hox/barb pvp armors seem to offer best possible deal for group pvp.
    i feel classes are best balanced with the gains from those armors.

all pvp weapons apart from shield are simply bad and current t3 pve crafted have better pvp stats then any pvp weapon they all need to be seriously buffed up and stats revised to be more intune with t3 crafted weapons at least with base damage nearer t4.

2 classes stand out very strong out of all pom and conq.

pom simply the class that has the best feat trees ingame and best default spells/abilities with good coeficients i wish all classes could be like that, but pom in full t4 is way too powerfull it should be totaly forbidden for pom to use t4 its way too much godmode in hands of good player, i only see light of path perk being too powerfull rest is realy fine with it.

conq realy needs some adjustments its only soldier who doesnt matter what gear you use it devastates whole teams, some tweaks are realy needed especialy on retributive damage procs some classes suffer immensely with that alone.
    i dont want conq to be diminished but surely there are ways to tweak class so its less of a monster and more balanced.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

T2 and Khitai weapons r easier to get than PvP 8 weapons
    So u nerf PvP 8 weapons coz bigger guilds can exploit them
    What abt players in small guilds?

Can u add blue weapons purchasable with MoAs?

Any plan to nerf VoM? DTs r the best tank and dps at the same time.

Any plans to buff Barb, Guard and Hox?

I didn't do the budgets and I didn't have anything to do with setting up the weapons, but I will give you the reply that comes to me from my experience on AoC in the past and TSW:

Because PvP is a lot easier to exploit for gear than PvE.

Now don't get me wrong, this is a general assumption. If I remember, when PvP gear was first implemented there was a lot of fight clubbing, then there was Bori e.t.c They probably made it both a huge grind and a bit weaker because they saw how people exploited for it.

We can look at updating it to be more meaningful.
    Thank you for the reply!
    Updating the PvP weapons lvl8 lvl10 so they have more or less the same base DPS as top tire pve weapons would be a very welcome start

you said "PvP is a lot easier to exploit for gear than PvE." that might of been the case when max lvl was pvp5 but fight clubbing to pvp10 well one would have to be abit insane to do that

There was and still is alot of undergeared toons running around with PVE Tire 4 weapons
    (if your lucky to be in a big guild that has T4 on farm getting the best weapon in the game much more easy than reaching pvp8 pvp10)

Its takes along time to reach pvp8 and pvp10

man, wake the fck up. Do u even play the game you are a director of? U ever heard of memory cloud runs? Have you ever tried to make pvp 10 char on ur own?

oh no, the next GD who knows nothing about pvp

and apparently nothing about t4 ...

Joel-

How will you try to balance the classes in PvP?

More importantly, do you agree that there are imbalances between the classes? If so can you give an example.

Thank you.

If you score a critical hit when crafting, does it effect other stats like for example, hit rating?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast