Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game dead already?

Default Game dead already?

Hello. I am just wondering if this game is dead already. No new stuff/fixes/exploit fixes or hack prevention updates since months now.

They said long ago in that investors report they won't be doing anymore work on Age of Conan, years after they actually stopped working on Age of Conan.

No bug fixes, hack prevention (or even bans), content or anything else is coming, but if you're lucky you might get 2 new raid finder gems to put in those silly rings which serves zero purpose.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Yea but Funcom made the announcement awhile ago that they will not be adding new content or developing anything else for AoC ever again. I personally think that is a huge mistake. There is obviously still interest in the game. You have new ppl subbing , you have Vets still grinding away. The only effort that Funcom would have to do is add some new content 1-2 x/ year and they could immortalize this game. It still looks beautiful with its 10 yr old game engine, and gameplay is still alot of fun.

Look, Funcom, obviously there's a Niche for this game. Revisit your decision to abandon AoC and do the right thing!! Be a Man!!

Quote Originally Posted by caveowl View Post
    Yea but Funcom made the announcement awhile ago that they will not be adding new content or developing anything else for AoC ever again. I personally think that is a huge mistake. There is obviously still interest in the game. You have new ppl subbing , you have Vets still grinding away. The only effort that Funcom would have to do is add some new content 1-2 x/ year and they could immortalize this game. It still looks beautiful with its 10 yr old game engine, and gameplay is still alot of fun.

Look, Funcom, obviously there's a Niche for this game. Revisit your decision to abandon AoC and do the right thing!! Be a Man!!
    Was thinking same as you back years ago, it haven't change much over the years though, and if you would switch it off for couple months, play new titles a bit, and experience new graphics, then going back to AOC is painful experience, don't get me wrong, I still got sentiment for this game, but truth is it was over the top 2008, but there was no major change in graphics, and now it actually is bad game with plenty of unfinished bugs, that haven't been fixed since release (sic!).

Try EXILES ~ it’s pretty good and what AoC should have been. That’s where all the devs have gone. Soon the combat system from AoC will be ported to Exiles and we’ll have our AoC 2.0 ~

"Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Try EXILES ~ it’s pretty good and what AoC should have been. That’s where all the devs have gone. Soon the combat system from AoC will be ported to Exiles and we’ll have our AoC 2.0 ~

AoC combat system will never appear in Conan Exiles. The animations might though...

Quote Originally Posted by StaHoo View Post
    Was thinking same as you back years ago, it haven't change much over the years though, and if you would switch it off for couple months, play new titles a bit, and experience new graphics, then going back to AOC is painful experience
    I can't agree with this at all. I enjoy Final Fantasy XIV and was playing it a few months ago, now I'm subbed to Age of Conan again... how can a 10-year-old game compete with a subscription-based MMO with active development and a thriving player-base? I consider AoC to be a lot better. The lore is far superior, the world is actually immersive and there's at least a modicum of class costumization. If you rate games by the polygon count on the models and texture resolution, then your standards are lacking or you've got a skewed set of priorities. Age of Conan is underrated and has become some kind of cult niche title now, but for those who grow to appreciate it, I don't think there's anything better. I've tried ESO aswell, another acclaimed MMO... it can't even hold a candle to this game, it's another generic abomination... that game felt so lackluster, dull and uninspired, there's not a single redeeming factor to it aside from the voice-acting. I hope Funcom can pull it together and see the potential in this game, it can honestly compete with anything out there and if they just gave the UI a make-over it'd look sharp and crisp enough to look up-to-date.

OT: If you don't account for developer activity, then the game is not "dead", I play on Crom and it has a lot of players around. I started playing this year and had no trouble getting the Purist achievement, meaning people are still running even the old leveling dugeons. There is so much to do at 80 that the lack of updates shouldn't even be a concern, across all the adventure packs and the ROTGS expansion, it's not like the game lacks in any kind of content. The forums are sadly just a cesspit of negativity from disillusioned AoC veterans, and I hope that doesn't tarnish the game's image for newcomers.
    Last edited by Althaia; 13th December 2017 at 12:32.

AoC's problem is it hooked people by it's lore and it's combat system but then struggled to deliver content. And maybe more importantly fix some little bugs that made playing sometimes really tedious.
    Like the "failed to authentificate" that took years to be fixed. Or being stuck in a mini-game groupe. Invisible people killing you or dismount bug in Bori.
    And they didn't add the tools to encourage some competition. Like leader boards for PvP. They tried something with the guild rankings but it never functionned properly. Not even sure it does now.

Back in the days you had 'Yellow Gremlins' who managed to get players stats/gear/guild update, rank guilds, classes, players according to various criterias. You would think the compagny actually managing the game would be able to implement something similar into the game rather than relying on players.
    Make the game more interractive to balance the lack of actual content. In PvE you could imagine having random guild challenges, like do this instance with 3players instead of 6. Manage to do a clean HM run through Khitai without a wipe. etc. With only a day or a week to achieve it before the challenge is off and an other one begins.
    And a UI folder letting the server keep track of which guild managed, which guild managed first, which guild managed the fastest, who was in the groupe, and some trivia stats.
    I would have loved something like that rather than this mindless grinding to try and keep the content artificially alive longer.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Agree on most what you said, especially the misguided K/d poster in minis.

Ive seen people single handed win minis almost, and gone negative because of this, and in the end he looks like he did close to nothing.

Ofc good players recognize this but its ridiculous.
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    AoC's problem is it hooked people by it's lore and it's combat system but then struggled to deliver content. And maybe more importantly fix some little bugs that made playing sometimes really tedious.
    Like the "failed to authentificate" that took years to be fixed. Or being stuck in a mini-game groupe. Invisible people killing you or dismount bug in Bori.
    And they didn't add the tools to encourage some competition. Like leader boards for PvP. They tried something with the guild rankings but it never functionned properly. Not even sure it does now.

Back in the days you had 'Yellow Gremlins' who managed to get players stats/gear/guild update, rank guilds, classes, players according to various criterias. You would think the compagny actually managing the game would be able to implement something similar into the game rather than relying on players.
    Make the game more interractive to balance the lack of actual content. In PvE you could imagine having random guild challenges, like do this instance with 3players instead of 6. Manage to do a clean HM run through Khitai without a wipe. etc. With only a day or a week to achieve it before the challenge is off and an other one begins.
    And a UI folder letting the server keep track of which guild managed, which guild managed first, which guild managed the fastest, who was in the groupe, and some trivia stats.
    I would have loved something like that rather than this mindless grinding to try and keep the content artificially alive longer.
    you get it. the sad part is, if they just implemented something good at this point, however late it may be, it would do wonders

meanwhlie they have devs doing serious work in the Secret World... honestally think they underestimated AoCs longevity for a long time now. Would be cool if they learnt something from SW rework, and did some stuff in AoC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast