Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Saga server !

Sounds like another "Purist" idea. The whole thing is very unpopular right now.. Wannabe purists are begging for groups for 1/2 day and not fill or give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimchik View Post
    Sounds like another "Purist" idea. The whole thing is very unpopular right now.. Wannabe purists are begging for groups for 1/2 day and not fill or give up.
    Sure purist isn't popular anymore NOW but purist achievement was released years ago. This event is not intended to be active for years. If it is like purist it will be perfect. It was very popular for a few months and gave players cared about playing the game the way it was intended a chance to experience content the right way that nobody had been able to do for years.
    On saga server this can be both pve or pvp as long as meaningful gear progression and AA is disabled.

Thats honestly all I'm hoping for. Good activity for a few months mostly with old players that play for the sake of nostalgia. If it manages to hit that spot it can be succesful for sure. Millions of players have played aoc over the course of 10 years. Even if 0.5% decides to play it again for old times sake it can be a fun event for a few months.

However if it is the same run-to-80 -> grind Khitai/AA -> farm worldboss/RF in order to jump to T4 level right away bull* as on regular servers I won't even bother as a currently active player and I doubt it will be appealing to old ones.

I'm not too worried about splitting player base. Outside of RF, WB and some guild raids Crom is dead and those activities people will keep logging for. Everyone that rolls on new server will eventually automatically move to Crom anyways. The new (or old) players that join for the event might even stick around on Crom for a few months after the event is over, improving the amount of players for a while. It won't revive aoc but it might give us a few more active fun months.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 25th December 2017 at 16:33.

I am hoping this new server idea is simply a new quest line, that will have rewards along the way. the other quests would simply be side quests for leveling, but the main quest line, The SAGA, would follow a level requirements, min and max so peeps can't go out and simply level to 80 and then do the saga quest line. Since it is to be a short lived server, I would guess there wont be a lot of 'raiding' and I would love to see it solo only. No grouping to do fast leveling.

However it goes, I am anxious to see what they have in mind. Leveling a new character is still fun, IMO. (I will delete a toon I don't like to level another.. )

Vilkata - Demo
    Ellric - Assassin
    Tarryn - Conqueror
    Kwanyin - Demo
    Melnmarn - Guardian
    Yishana - Tempest of Set
    Nylah - Bear Shaman (first toon)
    Many More toons..

“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”
    — Carl Sagan

The idea sounds good but will they make it unique?

I had played this game since release experienced most of every aspect this game had to offer and sadly left 2 years ago due to reasons. (University) Now that I am finished and hear about this I am so happy to maybe get in to the only MMO I played.

Speaking to a GM I suggested that returning veteran players that return to this game because of the saga server should get a reward on the live servers. Im not looking for something massive but to return to the game that quite frankly made the rest of Funcoms' portfolio. Age of Conan is still the only MMO I have played and looking forward to return if they manage to smash the saga server.

Looking forward to hear what they have to show that is UNIQUE and NEW to attract returning old players as well as new ones.

Cheers
    Tankin
    Tankin (80) Guardian
    Davyrok (80) Necromancer
    Neveus (80) Bear Shaman

I do not relish the idea of leveling up another toon. I'm surprised at how many people think a new grind will be fun. What we really need is new raid tier and new 6 mans. More playfields with new quests wouldn't hurt either.
    Aldryc - Demo, Alremyr - PoM, Almyra - ToS, Almyr - Necro, Almuryc - Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Vilkata View Post
    I am hoping this new server idea is simply a new quest line, that will have rewards along the way.
    I know Lord of the Rings Online had great success with the quest line they rolled out in 2015. it was a new quest each week following a hobbit's journey and lasted a year. Generally there was a couple of levels between each weeks quest and the quest line journeyed across the map.

Rewards were handled by gaining tokens from each quest and then spending them when you wanted to, buying items from a vendor that traveled along the path and got better items the farther along it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Almuryc View Post
    I do not relish the idea of leveling up another toon. I'm surprised at how many people think a new grind will be fun. What we really need is new raid tier and new 6 mans. More playfields with new quests wouldn't hurt either.
    I think the general sentiment in this thread is that people don't want a new (same) grind, hence the calls for blue gear only and AA/content limited or disabled to give us something of an old school AoC experience (or as close to it as possible).

I doubt a grind to 80 followed by the 80 AA/raid finder grind everyone does on Crom these days is going to appeal to anyone or be any kind of success, except to the easily bribed loot monkeys who get blinded by shiny new legendaries (which are the majority left in game, but that's not saying much given the pop difference between now and 3 years ago).

You're right about content, but to go down that road, the game needed a new full size expansion 5 years ago, and probably would've be well and truly due for a third one by now.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

Will any of these "rewards" benefit the players who only like to PvP?

I'm guessing not. So I will not be participating.

Getting that free lvl 80 was rough enough with the AA grind (still in progress)
    The Floyd Mayweather of AoC. BIG BALLER BRAND

- Aaids - Dreadsix - Caitlnjenner - Afrojacksin - Ellooell - Etchasketch -

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Titan20 View Post
    Speaking to a GM I suggested that returning veteran players that return to this game because of the saga server should get a reward on the live servers.
    Rewards from the Saga server will be carried over to Crom for the event character, and you'll be able to choose another character on the account to get the rewards as well. So even if it's a throwaway character, there's still benefits to be had for your main.
    FuncomMussagana
    Designer
    Twitter: @Mussagana

Age of Conan Website

What kind of rewards can we expect from this? Achievement points, titles, pets & mounts or something else?

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast