Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Silirrion now working for Blizzard on WoW.......(Sigh)

We will miss him...His soul will live on in the panda-land where everything is fun and games.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    He was working for Blizzard and WOW when he was working for Funcom imo.
    yea what i was thinking, aoc was some kinda testing platform for blizzard when he was the boss

Can't blame him. It's a very large and successful company, and he probably makes more money (which doesn't matter since he will be taxed to death in California). Not to mention the job security is better.

He was secretly working for Blizzard anyway. :P

All jokes aside though, World of Warcraft seems to be more his style anyway - considering he pretty much tried to take the WoW formula and apply it to AoC which failed miserably.
    Last edited by Pumpernickle; 14th February 2014 at 03:06. Reason: Too many "probably's"

Quote Originally Posted by Sidar View Post
    Im not quite sure who to feel sorry for....
    AOC and it's population of course.

Blizzard Interviewer:

"Ah, we see that you worked on Age of Conan extensively. While there, you managed to take an amazing combat system, water it down to a more WoWish feel, encouraged repetitive gear grinds, and implemented a free to play model that forced players to subscribe anyway to stay competitive. You also managed to introduce a great deal of PVE content, and ignore the PVP player base... You got the job!"

These comments about Craig are really a shame for the community.

I, at least, wish him all the best in his new job. Regardless with what company.

Without him, the sinking ship AoC would be nothing more than a note in the chronicles of MMO gaming.

And the PVP crowd is a lot more responsible for players leaving than him, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmith View Post
    Blizzard Interviewer:

"Ah, we see that you worked on Age of Conan extensively. While there, you managed to take an amazing combat system, water it down to a more WoWish feel, encouraged repetitive gear grinds, and implemented a free to play model that forced players to subscribe anyway to stay competitive. You also managed to introduce a great deal of PVE content, and ignore the PVP player base... You got the job!"
    Sad part is...WoW doesn't ignore the PvP player base and has PvP updates every time there's a major PvE update. Just sayin'.

one month later blizzard went bankrupt and shut down wow
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Yrtheras View Post

I, at least, wish him all the best in his new job. Regardless with what company.

Without him, the sinking ship AoC would be nothing more than a note in the chronicles of MMO gaming.

And the PVP crowd is a lot more responsible for players leaving than him, imo.
    Not like he was the only person in the world who could take the job after Gaute.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Quote Originally Posted by Yrtheras View Post

I, at least, wish him all the best in his new job. Regardless with what company
    He get what he deserve.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast