Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update: May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by armatur View Post
    Any deadlines on new AA systems its been nearly 5 months sense we got any new content besides achieving something that we already have in the game... which takes nearly no time to produce. .
    While I understand players want some new content (we all do, really), if you really think Achievement system took "nearly no time no time to produce", I'm pretty sure you're dead wrong. I think there's quite a bit of coding, quite a bit a creative tweak, rare boss system, and some extensive testing to be made both by the dev and the community. The threshold for the time trial, for instance, might sounds trivial but that only takes time to test and to set up.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by armatur View Post
    Any deadlines on new AA systems its been nearly 5 months sense we got any new content besides achieving something that we already have in the game...
    New AA is not content - it does not give you anything new to do. By contrast, the achievement system did (rare bosses, vistas, leaps of faith, time trials, ...).

Really hoping that FC will work on giving us content (crafting system, eventually finishing Slithering Chaos and Palace of Cetriss, god even solo arenas) instead of more AA grind.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

The achievement system includes not only new content, but forces you to revisit zones and quests which were never completed or seen. While I am not huge on PvE, I can say I have had a lot of fun with the system so far. I like that nearly everything I do know has some kind of meaning and goes towards something.

However, it is something optional. I don't have to do achievements if I don't want to, in fact, I can completely ignore them if I want to. Introducing new AA's, well, that's something you HAVE to grind for. I am then forced into content I do not enjoy (grinding pve) to now access new abilities which I am sure will be more powerful than current AA. This is something I am not looking forward to, power progression is beyond ridiculous at this point. We don't need to revisit shameful abilities like TTS, and I can't imagine Funcom actually putting out abilities which would match the current ones when their are additional prerequisites to obtaining them.

A new mini game map, perhaps the crafting revamp, a new raid zone, ok- that is mostly safe content. Introducing new AA's (which sounds like a rush job given the current level of staffing) is dangerous ground, where if not tested properly, can only make the balance in this game worse. At best it will just make the grind worse.

Caveat Emptor on all new major content...
    Doomsayer 2008

It is understood that most of the players is fastidious. It is not enough for them that the content is only interesting, as for example Achievement system or T3,5 (partially, this also applies to T5). They need content to be both interesting AND give them something powerfull. Otherwise, the players will continue to leave the game and choose a MMOG what can it offer.
    I know that there are some players who have all achieved and continue to play only PVP. But they are in the minority. If other players will continue to leave the game, then soon there won't be any more opponents to play PvP. Sadly.
    Last edited by Ernests; 29th April 2015 at 08:58.
    Kattas - 10.PvP, full T6 and full AA demo

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    New AA is not content - it does not give you anything new to do. By contrast, the achievement system did (rare bosses, vistas, leaps of faith, time trials, ...).

Really hoping that FC will work on giving us content (crafting system, eventually finishing Slithering Chaos and Palace of Cetriss, god even solo arenas) instead of more AA grind.
    For the first time ever Rath, I agree with you on something and that doesnt feel very comfortable. But you can be quite wise if you want to.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Ernests View Post
    It is understood that most of the players is fastidious. It is not enough for them that the content is only interesting, as for example Achievement system or T3,5 (partially, this also applies to T5). They need content to be both interesting AND give them something powerfull. Otherwise, the players will continue to leave the game and choose a MMOG what can it offer.
    I know that there are some players who have all achieved and continue to play only PVP. But they are in the minority. If other players will continue to leave the game, then soon there won't be any more opponents to play PvP. Sadly.
    There has not been anyone to really pvp against since 2013, at least on US servers. Other than a handful of players, the majority of people left are the kind who would only sign up for pug minis. If they introduced premades back into general minis, you would see how small the actual real pvp population is, sadly.
    Doomsayer 2008

Heh.

I think id need a full on addon. or even 2 before i come back.

Crafting Revamp + cestriss finished + achievement fixed + AA update/higher levels +
    would be required for a resub.

ADDON (size of khitai) and id definatly resub.
    i dont know about anything else really. ive done everything on so many toons i wanna puke

Any word on the event or sub plans etc?

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    I can't go into many details because I don't want to steal the metaphorical thunder from the official dev update letters; but as a teaser yes there is something new planned somewhere new.
    Community managers seem to have their hands full with TSW - maybe it's about time you stole the thunder
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Community managers seem to have their hands full with TSW - maybe it's about time you stole the thunder
    Agreed, community interactions are rare ressources here, like the rest.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast