Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A question about Soldier talents

Quote Originally Posted by MashMash View Post
    There was a ton of conqs for a while - until they fixed t4 loot drops anyway. Every man and their dog was farming for that stupid op sword on their "just off tortage" conqs hehe.
    Yeah, but that's not the point
    Quote Originally Posted by Angellis
    Off-topic: I would pay a lifetime sub if FC changed the name of Strike to Guard to the "Oh sh*t" combo! The tooltip could read: "The guardian realises they are now in over their head, and, having soiled themselves, are less likely to receive attention from their target."

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    The burst aggro of a guard is amazing, and maybe it's not the most aggro in terms of soldier to soldier, but the reliability and survivability is Amazing, and the aggro is still enough so that dps doesn't have to worry about a dang thing. And thats the most important part of tanking in the first place. Ya, maybe measuring Epeens vs other tanks the DT and Conq have an edge, but really for me I just love the guardian play style and the tools it has to help the group. Conq is my 2nd favorite class for soldiers, and the DT is dead last. The reason is stated below.

Being good on a Tali DT is like saying your good at riding passenger in a lambo.
    ...riding a passenger in a Lamborghini? Please tell me that this did not mean what I thought it meant...

Guard simply is a bit more complicated then the other soldiers and maybe then all other classes. It takes more effort and practice to play them effectively and especially compete later on in the end-game you will have a harder time. Where DT and Conq start out a bit slow, they gain more and more power when they get better gear up to a point where a bad DT with good gear can get carried by his gear and still perform just fine.

Guardian start out very strong from the start but they gain only a small amount of aggro from better gear. To complete later on in the end game (as in T4 and beyond) when the other soldiers get better gear, the player himself will have to get better and more efficient. Some players like Xarios could never make this step and as a result they end up without aggro and unwanted in 6 mans and even raids and trashtalking the class on forums. Don't let this discourage you however, see it as a challenge to live up to!
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 3rd June 2015 at 23:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Guard simply is a bit more complicated then the other soldiers and maybe then all other classes. It takes more effort and practice to play them effectively and especially compete later on in the end-game you will have a harder time. Where DT and Conq start out a bit slow, they gain more and more power when they get better gear up to a point where a bad DT with good gear can get carried by his gear and still perform just fine.

Guardian start out very strong from the start but they gain only a small amount of aggro from better gear. To complete later on in the end game (as in T4 and beyond) when the other soldiers get better gear, the player himself will have to get better and more efficient. Some players like Xarios could never make this step and as a result they end up without aggro and unwanted in 6 mans and even raids and trashtalking the class on forums. Don't let this discourage you however, see it as a challenge to live up to!
    My wish is to finish the original(non-khitai) content with a guard and a pom and, by Mitra, I'll see it done!

All whines, challenges and difficulties aside. I came back to Resolve unfinished business and Resolve it I will! Or may Mitra smite me for cowardice and the lack of valour if I even Dare doing it otherwise!

Those two immortals are my classes!

Quote Originally Posted by Xarios View Post
    Don't play Guardian.

It's a trash class for vast majority of game except maybe Emperor (T4), Louhi/Thoth(T3) and T5(Guards reasonably useful here). In 6mans, you'll get constantly denied aggro (it becomes 5 man effectively, since as a guard you're not even doing too much DPS) and the crappy CtA and things are not worth it if you can just replace the guard with a pure DPS (although AoE spell effects; CtA/battlecry is pretty decent).

The developers are trying to balance classes out but it's hard for them since the game is so small and players finnicky of getting 'nerfed'. So, if you are not full into your guard yet, try to start a conqueror (excellent DPS, useful low CD bubbles, and most of all only in-combat rezz in game) or DT (the actual Main Tank of game).

P.S. Don't let anyone else babble anything else to you. I probably have the most hours on Guardian in the game and have been playing it since 2009, it was very powerful class at start then slowly all the power was taken away over the years and now it's junk class. People always try to defend Guardians in this forum but when I meet them in-game on their guard they're aggro is junk and they really don't know how to play it... yet they say it's "best main-tank class". So, overall stay far far away from this class
    Dont listen to this guy, this is a typical rage post from someone who see's other guards success but he never does it himself. Guardian is a good class, we use it for the 6man master timetrials, and with a meleefocused group the lack of the individual dps from the guard gets balanced trough the dps-buffs he applies for the melee-dpsers. Just look at my youtube channel and see for yourself www.youtube.com/tjaloolswe
    Last edited by magnum92; 4th June 2015 at 08:01.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Quote Originally Posted by magnum92 View Post
    Dont listen to this guy, this is a typical rage post from someone who see's other guards success but he never does it himself. Guardian is a good class, we use it for the 6man master timetrials, and with a meleefocused group the lack of the individual dps from the guard gets balanced trough the dps-buffs he applies for the melee-dpsers. Just look at my youtube channel and see for yourself www.youtube.com/tjaloolswe
    Thanks for the vote of confidence!

So, I did the phoenix of the south today. I heard that it was very difficult etc. Really? It was so easy as a guard. Guard -> CS -> SPANK! Repeat. Use plexus strike when Stamina = low. Even the dreaded Archmage was a pushover. And the Defiler? HaAHAAHhaA! Lol!

I so fkkin LOVE Guardian! Immortal **** yo!

Important notice: CS stance + Anticipation gives ~15 dmg at 30. One would say it's low, but it really isn't. When combined with idiotic resilience + regeneration like a fkkin Wolverine + all this retaliatory dmg(guard, CS, CS stance)...it's an acquired taste to be sure. Drink a potion and/or get a Healer and...immortal!

As for aggro issues, use cry of...forgot what-jugg tree. Use goad/goad mob. Use irritate. Really, you've got more than enough Tools. Whether you'll use them...hinges not on the quality of a said tool, but on how apt a wielder of a said tool is with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehkur View Post
    ...riding a passenger in a Lamborghini? Please tell me that this did not mean what I thought it meant...
    Tali DT is stupid easy dude. If you even disagree with this, then you clearly aren't worth arguing with.

And yes, it meant exactly that.

Claiming to be a pro via a tali DT is exactly like claiming to be a bad ass riding passenger in a Lambo.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by Nehkur View Post
    Thanks for the vote of confidence!

So, I did the phoenix of the south today. I heard that it was very difficult etc. Really? It was so easy as a guard. Guard -> CS -> SPANK! Repeat. Use plexus strike when Stamina = low. Even the dreaded Archmage was a pushover. And the Defiler? HaAHAAHhaA! Lol!

I so fkkin LOVE Guardian! Immortal **** yo!

Important notice: CS stance + Anticipation gives ~15 dmg at 30. One would say it's low, but it really isn't. When combined with idiotic resilience + regeneration like a fkkin Wolverine + all this retaliatory dmg(guard, CS, CS stance)...it's an acquired taste to be sure. Drink a potion and/or get a Healer and...immortal!

As for aggro issues, use cry of...forgot what-jugg tree. Use goad/goad mob. Use irritate. Really, you've got more than enough Tools. Whether you'll use them...hinges not on the quality of a said tool, but on how apt a wielder of a said tool is with it.

By you stating "goad mob" as an aggro tool for the guardian, or any class is enough for me and anyone else to not take you seriously in any tanking forum.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    By you stating "goad mob" as an aggro tool for the guardian, or any class is enough for me and anyone else to not take you seriously in any tanking forum.
    Please explain. And be less vague than your above statement; because it basically sounds like you lack the ability to describe the reason. Thank you.
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Goad has it's uses and is a valuable tool if used correctly.

But if someone is using goad for no reason other than to just see their name in target's target, they are using it wrong.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast