Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aoc makes mmorpg's list

Default aoc makes mmorpg's list

AOC makes mmorpg's list...

Although I can't agree with the reasons why it made the list, I can say it certainly earned it's spot to be on that list. BUT, it IS still around.... and that should say something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhHmhyuM18Y

Bitch narrating the video made me mad honestly. Doesn't seem like she ever played it. And the footage they used was stupid.

Different types of games appeal to all types of people but if you only focus on what sucks about a game you'll get that poor excuse for a youtube video.

Every game has bugs, Aoc has quite a few, but I still find it fun and I have been here since the beginning.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

lol that list is a joke. clueless
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Crom, that sounds like an intern at a news organization shakily reading from a teleprompter for her first time.
    I like how they showed the "Unchained trailer" footage instead of a launch trailer... They seem like professionals indeed XD

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    Crom, that sounds like an intern at a news organization shakily reading from a teleprompter for her first time.
    I like how they showed the "Unchained trailer" footage instead of a launch trailer... They seem like professionals indeed XD
    Teleprompter is not too far off. She is actually just reading out an article posted in 2014 by Richard Aihoshi / Jonric. Richard used to be the chief editor of RPG Vault. So this is not a case of an intern being incompetent, it's a case of a veteran gaming journalist feeling that his vet status entitles him to post generic "best / worst" lists without any serious analysis.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

#4, not bad, some years ago it would have been #1 due to the horrible release.
    Your Storm Field critically healed Officer of the Wolves for 7038.

I whole-heartily disagree with the reasons that Star war's galaxies was a disappointment. SWG did great at launch/the beginning; however, it was literally destroyed when Sony made a massive update to make the game more appealing to casuals. You should have seen the forums and the game weeks after that update, I have NEVER in my life seen more public outrage about anything even IRL lol. Obviously a mass-exodus have followed and something like 1/2 of the subscribers cancelled the next month.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    I whole-heartily disagree with the reasons that Star war's galaxies was a disappointment. SWG did great at launch/the beginning; however, it was literally destroyed when Sony made a massive update to make the game more appealing to casuals. You should have seen the forums and the game weeks after that update, I have NEVER in my life seen more public outrage about anything even IRL lol. Obviously a mass-exodus have followed and something like 1/2 of the subscribers cancelled the next month.
    ^This is true. I had a friend playing SWG when sony screwed the entire game and he was pissed. I think it was way more than 1/2 the subscribers canceled the following month. Sony destroyed that game with that update.
    As far as AOC, I think it was a let-down to many people for being released WAY too soon. Raids weren't finished. One armor skin for each class. And bugs bugs bugs. I still think AOC was a blast to play and I enjoyed it for a few years before the bugs and lack of content updates made me leave. Still a good game but the hype at release was huge and the let down was pretty big too.

The part about AoC is weird. If they hadn't told us that that part was about AoC, I wouldn't have recognized the game. In my opinion, neither it's strength's nor its weaknesses were analyzed.

Pros
    - Great design.
    - Best motion capturing / character movements I've seen so far, even as of 2015.
    - Nice classes. All of them make sense. Builds are varied. No class/build is helpless in solo play.
    - "Adult" viewpoint, by which I don't mean exposed female genitalia, but a generally less kid oriented story writing, design, gameplay and so on.

Cons
    - Horrible release. False advertisement, broken promises, lots of bugs and missing/dis****ional parts. - Fixed by now.
    - Ganking/exploiting problems. All PvP servers die(d) due to bad pvp policies/design. Lack of customer support, especially at release.
    - Lack of content / players. Release and slow development of new content drove away a lot of people. A growing problem.
    - Some difficulty for new players to catch up (maybe typical for the genre, though).
    - PvP is... uhm... well, not what I call fun.
    - Horrible marketing, from complete "lack of" to things probably crossing one or the other legal line.

Whereas the video talks about
    - solo start. That wasn't even in game at release (if you don't count the beach area, which one leaves after about 10 minutes). And even if it had been, it would have been the first 10 or 20 hours of the game (38 minutes if you hurry, as a veteran player told me recently). That's nothing that matters in the great scheme of things.
    - action oriented combat. Uhm... say what? Don't remember that a major issue anywhere in time. The ideas about sandbox player fortresses was more of a thing in my memory.
    Last edited by Khaletohep; 15th April 2015 at 05:30.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Most games become terrible when you target casuals. Craig Morrison FTW, for example...
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast