Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Premium improvements for all?

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Yeah sorry I got derailed to the people who had legitimate questions. Blame my late day brain which is slow and lizardlike.

The change we made was to the leveling up scripts, so it won't automatically award AA to existing 80 chars. So tomorrow when you log in, you will only get AA per level gained. So people who are 60, will get an AApt per level as the work to 80, for a total of 20. It currently *only* applies to new levels earned.

It does work with offline levels and free 50's (they both use the leveling scripts).

I will chat with the DBA and see what the next step and how much difficulty will be to reward them retroactively to players who were subscribed within a certain period.

But no, logging in tomorrow you will not have suddenly 80 new points on old chars.
    We appreciate you looking into this for us.

Guess I'll delete that Barb I started last week and start over. Good thing I barely got him off of Tortage. I feel bad for those poor people that are going to ding from 79 to 80 today though. lol

Thank you for your answer.

My thoughts:

Just those vials which gives 1 expertise point, 80 of them to every character if the account have more than 2, 3 or 4 months (?). We would take them out from the claim window.

I think that would be the easiest way to reward the old players.

I would love to see an adjustment on getting more slots in inventory. Spending points per character instead of account isn't appealing to buy in my opinion

On TSW you can expand easily.

Both this games from Funcom have great acessories and clothing that we like to keep for Lore and fool around. It would be awesome to keep all.
    .. Steady! We have not fled, we are not beaten, and even should they throw us in chains, we are there, and shall remain! And victory will be ours.. And whether we are alive or not when that goal is reached, our programme will be alive; it will reign in the world of a barbarian mankind. Yes, in spite of everything.

Server Merge: Kepha, now Kephaofcrom (still waiting for that Kepha "unknown character", "character doesn't exist" to log in).

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaroth View Post

My thoughts:

Just those vials which gives 1 expertise point, 80 of them to every character if the account have more than 2, 3 or 4 months (?). We would take them out from the claim window.

Actually.. this is brilliant. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazaroth View Post

My thoughts:

I doubt delivering the points is the hard part. AA is earned only while subscribed. By the time they've created the database query to figure out who leveled while subscribed and how many times, it's just as easy to say "credit them one AA point per level" as it is to say "give them one Phial of Tranquility." Plus, they'd avoid the inevitable hordes of questions from people who don't know what /claim is, and judging by chat every day, that's a lot of people.

EDIT: And in reference to the other conversation in this thread: I may be a subscriber already, and thus not needing additional premium benefits, but before the executives break their arms patting their backs, consider that I'd pay a higher sub for more: bigger bonus, faster vet points, free name changes and transfers per month, max character slots, etc. And they also overlook that premium benefits go down over time (less stuff left to buy from store or vet shop, etc.); a cheaper, barebones (e.g., Khitai + AA only) subscription option, maybe for very long vets only, would keep people subscribing after the current one-size-fits-all plan becomes pointless.
    Last edited by Prima; 22nd May 2013 at 20:31.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Thumbs up Nusquam

He did well sub wise, thou there is always room for improvements.

My suggestion would also be that Khitai is unlocked for free players, maybe just grasslands or even all regions but without possibility to do instances (aka they are locked).

Start making some new cool,sexy,warrior whatever stile of outfits in online store just like you do with TSW every week. That could bring some nice money plus i think people would like that....i know i would

Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    My suggestion would also be that Khitai is unlocked for free players, maybe just grasslands or even all regions but without possibility to do instances (aka they are locked).
    I'm about 99% positive I read somewhere that all of ROTGS will be open to everyone for one week during this celebration.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

I think one AA point for every level is a bit much. I just checked my TOS which I rolled in November 2011 and it has about 90 odd AA points. (Rough count) Now it could have been more but I've rolled and levelled another 10 toons since then.

Basically someone can roll a toon, get it to 16, hike to Keshatta and get power levelled to 80 in two days and have almost as many AA points as someone who has stuck a shed load of effort into their toon.

Why not go the whole hog and give them one gold, one rare and one shard for every level into the bargain?

80 AAs times 18 hours each = 1440 hours = 60 days. That means any character who has been lvl 80 for more than 60 days and who bothered to do time AAs will have 80 plus points.

So if you have a character from 2011...why does it only have about 90 AAs? I only use time training on most of my characters (have 17 lvl 80s) and only the newbies from this past year aren't nearly full with at least the PVE side of AAs.

Still would like to see old time subscribers get some expertise points in /claim to use as desired too though. Maybe a one time 40 expertise points if you have subbed for over six months in the game for the anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jota180 View Post
    I think one AA point for every level is a bit much. I just checked my TOS which I rolled in November 2011 and it has about 90 odd AA points. (Rough count) Now it could have been more but I've rolled and levelled another 10 toons since then.

Basically someone can roll a toon, get it to 16, hike to Keshatta and get power levelled to 80 in two days and have almost as many AA points as someone who has stuck a shed load of effort into their toon.

Why not go the whole hog and give them one gold, one rare and one shard for every level into the bargain?
    Having 80 white dots in your AA tree does not mean you spent 80 AA points. It means you've advanced in 80 abilities. And besides, what's the problem with new toons having the gap lowered a little bit so they can play with more advanced toons? Having more people in an MMO who are on the level to play with the veterans is not a bad thing.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast