Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Dxgi.error NVidia 600 Issues

Just random luck. It will happen when you least wait it. Happened to many of us

FYI for those of you with this issue:

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    And yes, I can give an update on that (not sure this is the appropriate thread).

QA were/have been unable to reproduce it.
    The coders were unable to fix the problem.
    Nvidia were unable to reproduce it.

We have received a troubleshooting program from Nvidia which we are running beside some of our clients and which will find any errors that may (or may not) cause the problem.

All of the above was done over the course of roughly the last 5 months, so it has been an ongoing process. And unfortunately the answer is not "It's fixed", yet.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

I REALLY don't know how it's possible that you can't reproduce it. Are you running around in Bori/Northern Grasslands/Chosain Province etc with EVERYTHING maxed on a Kepler card and no CPU bottleneck?
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Happens to me.

Windows 64 Bit Ultimate
    32 Gig Ram
    Overclocked 2700K (rock solid stable for 4 days running a mixture of torture programs including the ever popular Prime)
    SSD as the OS drive but AoC running off a HD
    EVGA 670 GTX Superclocked 4GB (overclocked and tested stable in multiple 24h runs of Haven 3.5 and other gfx benchmarks)
    Aftermarket cooler which means the card NEVER goes over 62 degrees even when OC'd and maxed to 100% for 24h+)

Crashes seem random (I don't play enough any more to know) and only seem to occur after I've been playing for a few hours.

Buff

I dont understand why i cant be reproduced. I bought a new asus g75 with a 670mx card in it 2 weeks ago. Powered up loaded AoC and guess what. Within the 1st hr i get this error.

Funcom go buy 1 of these laptops and you will reproduce the error just fine lol

Good luck with fixing it.

FYI to those with the problem. I havnt had an issue since i started playing the game in DX9. DX10 is unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I REALLY don't know how it's possible that you can't reproduce it.
    I'm sure they get the game to crash. That's not the problem. But the problem is to reproduce it ...to make it crash over and over under same conditions.
    If they try to do that they have some trying to do as no player have been able to do that yet ...and believe me we have tried!
    It would have helped if funcom would have read the stuff people have written in the forums as there is no certain condition that anyone have found yet that would reproduce the crash. Sure it shouldn't even be possible but it realy realy seems to crash randomly. Some times some place crashes all the time and some times the same place doesn't crash at all.
    I say it again as this problem occures (almost only) with 600-series you should figure out what 600-series does differently compared to the previous series. I'm sure you will find your answer that way much quicker. So get together with nvidia and figure it out with them. You are wasting everyone's time with trying to figure this out with too little effort.

Quote Originally Posted by blutti View Post
    But the problem is to reproduce it ...to make it crash over and over under same conditions.
    I was able to get crash every 5 minutes in poitain near wind mill at south (close to the little forest near lvl 80 scorpions): dx10 all maxed out, rotate character (arrow stuck in keyboard)
    5 mins should be ok for devs imho.

BTW can i get copy of that magic nvidia troubleshooting program ?

Could reproduce the crash in 5 minutes in HV mini game or Yag trying to get up the water elevator. The exact element causing it though is what they cannot see I believe, I think its the adaptive v-sync.

Nothing leads me to believe that they really care to fix it though. Its been over a year since the cards were released.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    I think its the adaptive v-sync.

Nothing leads me to believe that they really care to fix it though. Its been over a year since the cards were released.
    You don't think it would get fixed by disabling the v-sync then?

Yes they are putting realy little effort into fixing this if they in fact are putting any effort into it. I think it's a task given to someone and it's just one of those tasks that he tried to figure out but couldn't and now that he's asked about is it done yet he says he's still working on it as he in fact isn't. If someone would have worked even a month fixing a bug it would have been fixed many many times over. They keep saying they are working on this one but as it still isn't fixed i highly doubt anyone is on the task or if someone is he should get fired immediately as he clearly is incompetent.
    What is funcom paying these people for? No wonder they don't get anything done and drive the company to the ground.

To the people mentioning 'blackouts' and 'black screens'. Is it anything like this problem I have been having for the past few months?

Computer cuts out completely and instantly reboots itself. It doesn't shut down, it's as if the plug is being pulled out. Only happens when I'm playing AoC. I've had the computer sent for repairs 3 times, stress tests etc, so it's not heating/power problem. Still keeps re-occurring.

Sorry if its s bit off topic, would love to get this resolved.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast