Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Options not saving - Possible Fix in Post 40?

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    This is for players that have problems with their settings being saved.

I wrote a utility that fixes that Funcom character settings XML files that don't get uploaded properly.

The old method that you use to manually fix this (deleting all your chat tabs one by one) is no longer needed. This utility won't mess up your chat tabs or any other preferences.

The problem with the Funcom Windows.xml file is that it keeps a small history of each chat tab (which also gets sent to Funcom). As players type more and more into the various chat windows, the XML gets too big to get stored on Funcoms servers. This removes the users chat history from the settings files so that they are small enough to be saved once again, and prevent AgeOfConan from overwriting it with their version of it temporarily while it has been cleaned.

To use it,
    • start the AOC Settings Save Fix utility, and
    • before logging into the game world (from character select screen is fine) press the BEGIN button, and YES to confirm that you're not logged in yet
    • Log into your character, and when you're able to look around in game, press the STEP 2 button
    • Adjust your bars/windows/settings however you like
    • log out - make sure you let the logout timer countdown all the way down without pressing the exit button - and you've fixed one of your characters!

The utility is attached to this post.
    Sadly this does not work for me. Suddenly extended bar 1 and 2 started to appear on my screen and camera has been turned on follow mode.

Frustrating, need to redu them always.

Maybe this won't work for me because every time i log on it fails to relog on character screen and leaves me on menu with error

EDIT: Okay, problem was fixed by fixing game files, now it did not shown error and it saved settings.

Please note other forum users that if you relog in game, game won't save any UI settings if it won't successfully go to character screen, if it fails (Funcom's bad coding) then all settings will reset so many times before it succeeding relog/log out
    Last edited by JinDjw; 18th September 2013 at 22:59.

Bump, because lots of new players around lately, and it's very useful.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    This is for players that have problems with their settings being saved.

I wrote a utility that fixes that Funcom character settings XML files that don't get uploaded properly.

The old method that you use to manually fix this (deleting all your chat tabs one by one) is no longer needed. This utility won't mess up your chat tabs or any other preferences.

The problem with the Funcom Windows.xml file is that it keeps a small history of each chat tab (which also gets sent to Funcom). As players type more and more into the various chat windows, the XML gets too big to get stored on Funcoms servers. This removes the users chat history from the settings files so that they are small enough to be saved once again, and prevent AgeOfConan from overwriting it with their version of it temporarily while it has been cleaned.

To use it,
    • start the AOC Settings Save Fix utility, and
    • before logging into the game world (from character select screen is fine) press the BEGIN button, and YES to confirm that you're not logged in yet
    • Log into your character, and when you're able to look around in game, press the STEP 2 button
    • Adjust your bars/windows/settings however you like
    • log out - make sure you let the logout timer countdown all the way down without pressing the exit button - and you've fixed one of your characters!

The utility is attached to this post.
    Hey Scaeve, is the settings fix program still working for you since the latest patch? I'm getting a lot of access denied errors - it's being blocked from accessing the files now.
    Yangrin | Yangbear | Krem | Marsheesh | Oforawesome | Pappalegba | Yangryn
    -------------------
    Age of Conan Wiki | Still waiting for Half Life 3 - FU Gabe Newell! / May 2014 Update! It's apparently been "worked on"!!!!! #Sarcasm | PvP approach: The 'Cup of Tea' stratagem. That upon finding myself in a PvP zone & being attacked, I get up, walk away from the keyboard and go and make a cup of tea.

Thank you very much, Scaevacas! Finally my particles setting is saved, and shortcut bars stay locked

Default Back with Bugs

I have just came back to AoC and guess what - this bug along with "cannot authenticate char server" welcomed me and I had to wait 15mins before I could log back and actualy play the game.

So yes, this bug is still here and for me only solution was to dele all tabs, log off and log on and then create them again. The above mentioned program unfortunately didin`t do the charm for me.

I am now having this issue. It seems that only certain things will save, usually after the third or fourth attempt. For example, after saving my keybinds about 4 times they saved on my next log-in. However, the location of my stamina/energy bar and timerbars is always reset upon logging on.

-Burbot

The utility should still work, but people need to follow the instructions carefully otherwise Funcom's settings from the cloud will overwrite your local settings.
    Requiem Nex Combat Monitor | Options not Saving temporary Fix
    Can Devs please fix:
    • new ressurections resetting the currently selected ressurect position
    • loot timeout windows disappearing before progress bar completes when box hasn't been opened quickly

Thx for the Fix ! For me it´s working. But I can not understand why nobody from the Funcom team is answering here. I have that Bug everyytime and only this fix is working. Anyways thx again!!!

The fixes listed here did not correct the interface settings not saving for me. Tried them all numerous times. I have to move timer bars. turn off tutorials, move energy bar, and enable targets target every time I log in. I know there are not a lot of resources devoted to this game anymore but god would it be nice to have this bug finally fixed. It really is pushing me to drop my account and just move on from AoC and for whatever reason it feels like the developers would like to see us all leave and they are purposely leaving this bug in game lol PLEASE GUYS FIX THIS

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast