Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Sillyness of Decap+ATG

Default !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgio View Post
    Dudes wtf are we talking about? That barb isnt No1 op class now in game? Anyone who says otherwise has no clue at all. Decap and atg do ridiculously high damage and they one shot anything that doesnt wear heavy or plate armor 100% of the times! 10-12k burst is ********! And those 5-7k chunks on fully geared tanks is stupid too, they almost kill them 1 shot as well. Funcom once more proved what a useless team of developers it has by making such a change. Not even hoxes pillars are as crazy as those barb moves. Barb now is 1 combo class literally, all u need is spam decap and atg every 30seconds and voila enemy is dead. thats ********, funcom should fix it asap!!! Even a 5 year old would have seen something is wrong and fixed by now
    That's right...and they still complain..they have the nerve to complain..I guess they think that the rest of the people are kinda stupid and they don't understand class mechanics...Right now as we speak..barbs are the most popular class in pvp(they were before but they had a decline on their numbers for a shortwhile)plus they are topping the kills..that is a fact..Anybody who pvps, and has a different opinion..2 things...No1- they don't play this game...No2- they are delibaretely not telling the truth..!!!!
    "To the Humble He gives His Grace.....From the Proud He Hides His Face"

i started to play my barb on pvp, dont have atg but decap is very op indeed.
    nowdays i see at leat 3 barbs in every mini.
    im fine with improving dps on the barb but perhaps nefing a little this 2 feats would help to calm down the people.
    anyhow, they'll always find something to whine about.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Belsvard View Post
    i started to play my barb on pvp, dont have atg but decap is very op indeed.
    nowdays i see at leat 3 barbs in every mini.
    im fine with improving dps on the barb but perhaps nefing a little this 2 feats would help to calm down the people.
    anyhow, they'll always find something to whine about.
    Aoc was supposed to be hard pvp game where u need actually do something and have some skills to play, but then they just kept watering the game , cc changes, combo skip nerf,, removed combo steps. FAILED class revamps like ranger + sin, now barb too :P etc

we came from this
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8mDQv11Foc

to this...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cEllvM-SQU
    Last edited by Mechannno; 14th December 2014 at 11:17.
    R.I.P Rakdos

lol they still tell the myth of combo skipping being "pro" and skillfull....

and did you changed the vids? cause in the first one the guys just spams more or less the same combo 90% of the time. thats wasnt, isnt and never will be considered as skillfull playstyle. And then you say, pvp got water down by for example less combosteps and then showing a vid what pvp used to be with a guy who spams the 2 step variante of a combo all the time.

but i guess that happens, when the real skilled players left and the ppl who only had a shine while skipping combos are left in the game. sorry ot say, but ppl defending combo skip fix as watering down pvp never were and never will be good players. combo skip watered down pvp a lot because only a few classes could do it properly and not both sexes on the same level. so with the worng class and the wrong sex you had a huge disadvantage. how that could ever be considered as skill is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post

and did you changed the vids? cause in the first one the guys just spams more or less the same combo 90% of the time. thats wasnt, isnt and never will be considered as skillfull playstyle. And then you say, pvp got water down by for example less combosteps and then showing a vid what pvp used to be with a guy who spams the 2 step variante of a combo all the time.

but i guess that happens, when the real skilled players left and the ppl who only had a shine while skipping combos are left in the game. sorry ot say, but ppl defending combo skip fix as watering down pvp never were and never will be good players. combo skip watered down pvp a lot because only a few classes could do it properly and not both sexes on the same level. so with the worng class and the wrong sex you had a huge disadvantage. how that could ever be considered as skill is beyond me.
    combo skip made combat faster. and in first video is actually LANDING combos with not that strong class, actaully working for that dmg, instead of using SDS II + face stab + dww to one shot anyone, but i guess u like to spam miasmas + dww when u cant land swift strikes
    R.I.P Rakdos

Quote Originally Posted by Zatochi View Post

Yes combo skipping was skillful, same as combo jump is skillful now. Everyone can do it, but not everyone can do it good.
    Sin doing preload sds+face stab and dww,gb, or barb doing knock, decap+atg, or ranger (all of it)... dont have anything to do with skill anymore. To much dmg flying around and you dont have to work for it.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Yes combo skipping was skillful, same as combo jump is skillful now. Everyone can do it, but not everyone can do it good.
    Sin doing preload sds+face stab and dww,gb, or barb doing knock, decap+atg, or ranger (all of it)... dont have anything to do with skill anymore. To much dmg flying around and you dont have to work for it.
    It's especially "skillful" when you can manage to maintain arcane marauder an entire game where a necro, demo, hox, pom, tos, shammy, and dt is not present on the opposing side. Decap is as retarded as DWW now, atg has always been a stupid ability. I don't get why they only half fix classes (addressing devastation), then leave things like arcane marauder untouched (that it proccs off of bleeds and such), and finally finish by leaving decap as a click and not a combo when it's clear how powerful it is when you build for crits.

If they simply made it a real combo with more than 1 step (and the normal cancel cool down), it would not matter how much damage it did since half the players playing would be whiffing it.
    Doomsayer 2008

Come on ! Since when moving before the end of a combo is hard to do ? Not to mention how imbalanced it was. You could be great but happen to have chose the wrong sex for your character and end up completely gimped in comparaison. Combo skipping gave an illusion of skill because you had from start an advantage on 50% of the other player (mages and female toons... and don't argue female toons could CS too it's stretching the truth, you could but it was much more timing based and much less efficient).

The main interest with combo skipping was to avoid the 1/2 second root you had after each combo. That really was bothering PvP.
    And claiming pre 1.05 was super skillful is just nostalgia speaking. Aaah the good old days! It was always better before ! So much skill back then ! And you really just have to watch old vids to realise how slow players where back then in comparaison to know. I wish they would be a ToS vid on there aswell to show how running around two shotting peeps with AE was skillful. Or how heart seeker was pro. Or how preloaded in the air IB with wait of the world + Renewal and blood champion buff was enough to kill mages. In the first video Hiper's landing combos for sure... on opponents almost standing still. As a keyboard turner i was way better pre sprint revamp, regardless of combo skipping or not for the sole reason people didn't move as much nor as fast.

I'd accept saying combo skipping on a female toon was skillful, but on male toons ... never ! Combo jumping at least can be done by every class regardless of the sex.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Putting class alone aside a moment; I fee that, every class can have enormous dps now. Everysingle class. Burst is one type, continuous another (pad spellweaving r10 necros get kills for near afking).

Putting all this aside, aoc problem is that dps has increased with pve raid bosses over the years, only the soldier's survival have kept up.

This has lead to uncountable situations where classes feel 2 shotted.

Dps increases like mad but survival isn't keeping up across the board. You shouldn't have pvp where ppl can die in a couple of fast abilities outside of fps headshots

IMHO I think constitution and invuls don't keep up with dps boosts, except for tanks whose invuls increase more than others.

This is why necros dots, pen shots, demo insta casts, dww, atg and decap etc etc etc all get insane it's the god damn gear dps vs survival.

Just my opinion mind you, but better or worse pvp engagement in aoc has become about the fastest 2-3 burst abilities keeping pvp fights crazy fast for anyone not a soldier. If someone has 10k hp and you can take 5 k in a second??? Fast paced pvp is not the same as pvp where ppl die fast in 2-3 seconds like aoc clothes and I think this is what causes alot of grumbling on forums.

With a low geared barb atg and decap do nothing but with awesome gear... Same with hox pillars and hfb spamming the list goes on
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgery View Post
    Putting class alone aside a moment; I fee that, every class can have enormous dps now. Everysingle class. Burst is one type, continuous another (pad spellweaving r10 necros get kills for near afking).

Putting all this aside, aoc problem is that dps has increased with pve raid bosses over the years, only the soldier's survival have kept up.

This has lead to uncountable situations where classes feel 2 shotted.

Dps increases like mad but survival isn't keeping up across the board. You shouldn't have pvp where ppl can die in a couple of fast abilities outside of fps headshots

IMHO I think constitution and invuls don't keep up with dps boosts, except for tanks whose invuls increase more than others.

This is why necros dots, pen shots, demo insta casts, dww, atg and decap etc etc etc all get insane it's the god damn gear dps vs survival.

Just my opinion mind you, but better or worse pvp engagement in aoc has become about the fastest 2-3 burst abilities keeping pvp fights crazy fast for anyone not a soldier. If someone has 10k hp and you can take 5 k in a second??? Fast paced pvp is not the same as pvp where ppl die fast in 2-3 seconds like aoc clothes and I think this is what causes alot of grumbling on forums.

With a low geared barb atg and decap do nothing but with awesome gear... Same with hox pillars and hfb spamming the list goes on
    Who is pvping in trash gear though? Not many, on crom even the worst player has a full t4 set at least. Your right about the burst and survivability, but one thing they did over the years was make it very easy for anyone to obtain the best weapons and gear with minimal effort. The fact that t4 gear and now pvp gear essentially doubled and tripled the crit chance of almost every class pre t4 over night, as well as the inflated stats (which I always have said were too high compared to t3), means exactly what you said. Crazy burst to anyone not a soldier and it only gets worse because they keep increasing dps stats and leaving everything else the same.

But how easy it was to get the gear needs to be mentioned too, because so much of this game is gear based, instant burst. And when they make class changes, they do not take into account how inflated the gear stats are now. Anything over a 20% crit chance is silly, since there are so many abilities, spells, pots, and conditions which pretty much garauntee that every 3rd hit you do will be a crit. I still think 1.6-1.8 the game was the best, the gear was balanced, cc's were balanced for range and time with global immunities, and there was not an abundance of burst...
    Doomsayer 2008