Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Sillyness of Decap+ATG

Quote Originally Posted by Sarolf View Post

If you go for Hybrid Zerker you can reach almost the same dps of reaver, such a spec is especially interesting when your grp got some melees or tanks in it. Decap in his actual form is one important feat for this playstyle, cuz as everyone knows the zerkers Combos are not as fast as the reavers so every strong attack is needed to can reach the dps of a reaver. over 2k+ dps on dmg Encounters are absolute no Problems with smart grp building, + the zerker is a bigger dmg buff supporter for melees as a BS... someone can say that armaggeddonfalls making also much dmg in raids but in the end the Optimum will be to have 1 zerker and 1 reaver in your raid

@ Mechanno

so let me Count, activating at least 5 buffs + 1 step Combo for a further buff + this 2 multikill feats making 9 clicks, yeah you can click them hours before but than you will loose this "mighty devastating buff" + tfb and haste in between the next 15sec.

i dont wanna defend this oppportunity to oneshot clothies in "pve gear" once in every 2 minutes with at least 9 clicks and under perfect conditions (3 of those buffs need conditions to work) but you guys should stay on Facts... Doing this **** can happen but not as much as you tell.

killing ATG, with internal CD on decap would be enough to rebalance this...

I hope, u dont really think that pve gear has anything to do with it? pvp 10 necro in full set or not, same result =dead
    and u dont even need to activate buffs. it can still do 4k with crit and atg 3,6k atleast (i said CAN DO, not that it will everytime)
    point being, barb is just another PI + BV guard, or sin after revamp (before combo skip / dmg nerf) one shot nearly anything

Quote Originally Posted by Mechannno View Post
    I hope, u dont really think that pve gear has anything to do with it? pvp 10 necro in full set or not, same result =dead
    and u dont even need to activate buffs. it can still do 4k with crit and atg 3,6k atleast (i said CAN DO, not that it will everytime)
    point being, barb is just another PI + BV guard, or sin after revamp (before combo skip / dmg nerf) one shot nearly anything
    who the **** are you
    mechanno says no

The main problem as I told its skilless atm. Ok you like Decap, then adjust it for an example by making it efficiency dependable on certain things, so without this ones it will be useless. Like for an example nerf Decap base damage drastically but make it get damage buff if barb affected for an example by Reverse Swing effect (like half of moved damage) and full damage if target got affected by certain debuff (wreck armour for example). Then im totally fine with it, since people will have to think how and when use it, Now every can spam it without any of thinking and still get quite devastating burst, you know 4k-6k damage which you get without any buffs of Decap+ATG still insane PvP wise.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by peeka View Post
    who the **** are you
    It's pretty obvious and starts and ends with a D lol
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    The main problem as I told its skilless atm. Ok you like Decap, then adjust it for an example by making it efficiency dependable on certain things, so without this ones it will be useless. Like for an example nerf Decap base damage drastically but make it get damage buff if barb affected for an example by Reverse Swing effect (like half of moved damage) and full damage if target got affected by certain debuff (wreck armour for example). Then im totally fine with it, since people will have to think how and when use it, Now every can spam it without any of thinking and still get quite devastating burst, you know 4k-6k damage which you get without any buffs of Decap+ATG still insane PvP wise.
    If decap rely on wreck armor it would be nice since it will require some skill to use it, lets say 1 WA buff decap by 10%. Like conq whirlwind dmg is affected by that debuf (forgot the name).
    Btw that 4k-6k dmg is with t1 gear and only with staggering, knock and haste (even completely unbufed sometimes) since those are ready often. With other bufs it can go much higher. I can only imagine numbers with t4 weapons.

So a barb that wanna use decap, is forced to Switch weapons for using WA... or is forced to hope that some other class uses a torment Folder on his target? O.o Serious...

Zerker got 1 real armor debuff on his side = physical wrack on clobber which must be skilled...

So if you really think this improves the stuff alot and makes it more skillful... i think especially the weapon Switch stuff was a reason for funcom to make zerker a bit stronger for pvp for all those crybabies which can´t play hybrid reaver.

i just can repeat, kill this "imba dmg" by rebalancing ATG... make it useless like many other gold-perks or whatever... this kills 40% of this crazy burstdamage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarolf View Post
    So a barb that wanna use decap, is forced to Switch weapons for using WA... or is forced to hope that some other class uses a torment Folder on his target? O.o Serious...

Zerker got 1 real armor debuff on his side = physical wrack on clobber which must be skilled...

So if you really think this improves the stuff alot and makes it more skillful... i think especially the weapon Switch stuff was a reason for funcom to make zerker a bit stronger for pvp for all those crybabies which can´t play hybrid reaver.

i just can repeat, kill this "imba dmg" by rebalancing ATG... make it useless like many other gold-perks or whatever... this kills 40% of this crazy burstdamage.
    You rebalance ATG (which is not main problem) and you are still left with tankier zerker build that use upheaval+ww and have this silly decap that can hit 4k+. And in the same time you kill classic zerker build that use atg for burst and not upheaval. Nice solution.
    And you are calling people crybabies that cant play hybrid and in same time dont want WA to be used to buff decap dmg?
    Btw what is so hard in playing hybrid barb?

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    You rebalance ATG (which is not main problem) and you are still left with tankier zerker build that use upheaval+ww and have this silly decap that can hit 4k+. And in the same time you kill classic zerker build that use atg for burst and not upheaval. Nice solution.
    And you are calling people crybabies that cant play hybrid and in same time dont want WA to be used to buff decap dmg?
    Btw what is so hard in playing hybrid barb?
    Tankier zerker barb was one hell of a Damagemonster before this patch right?
    Skilling a feat which is almost an endfeat in the 2h weapon tree which is just working with a 1h Combo in combination sounds smart for you?

You cant remember on all those threads and posts about some cc´s for reaver builds for making such builds more pvp friendly?

this whole thread goes Hand in Hand with all the other ****-threads about pvp Balance on other classes

really timewasting

Quote Originally Posted by neutrinoide View Post
    My question are:

If the barbarian use this Decap + ATG sillyness.

1- Is this creating an unfair advantage to is team vs the other team? (I don`t mean Team A full of L10 farming Team B full of level 2 and 3. But faily balanced teams)
    2- Is that just give a lot of kills to the barbarian but make it useless or creates a vulnerability to his team?
    3- Those it need some skills and/or situation awareness, strategy to use that Combo productive to his team.

I'm asking because if it only creating one big boom once in a while but it doesn`t help bringing the flag, cap or totem. I really don`t care to be honest.

For exemple. It was possible to make this kind of damages with the officer in SWG NGE but spamming it at the wrong time and place made a lot of officers useless.
    You realize funcom and every other game in this world balances by individual class? You can't balance team application. Also, I think you Crom guys forget that there is other things than just minis... Barb in duels and Open world is just LOL. Even before Decap+ATG barb is a great class to have after the PVP gear revamp, now they are just over the top with one-shotting capability, CC breaks, CC resists, 30% deflection, and 24/7 lightspeed. This is creating a once very fun class to be completely watered down by easy skill-less abilities, but maybe that is your thing. There is a reason a lot of the top Veterans want to see a change with ATG+Decap...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarolf
    i dont wanna defend this oppportunity to oneshot clothies in "pve gear" once in every 2 minutes with at least 9 clicks and under perfect conditions (3 of those buffs need conditions to work) but you guys should stay on Facts... Doing this **** can happen but not as much as you tell.
    So you think it's okay to completely one-shot people once every two minutes? You wanna know how fun it is to be the clothie on the other end of that? In addition, by that logic that "it's not so bad because its only every 2 minutes", then in the average 20 minute mini, you will have used it ten times for a potential of ten completely free kills. In addition, many players use marco's to combine all those keys into one.. it's easy to do and it takes three minutes to setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechannno View Post
    Barb is far from balanced, barb is only class in game that can win nearly whole enemy team 2v4 even if they just keep coming from respad, I dont know if there is any usefull barb on crom, but fury barbs show clearly that the class is simply overpowered when played right.
    Perhaps this would explain why it is really only Crom players defending this no? Correct me if I'm wrong but Zatochi, Norther, MagnusLL, StaHoo, dagasamildanac, Sloubi, Sarolf, and nopitypeter all play mainly on Crom yes? It is very possible that they just haven't been exposed to a player that can use the combo effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Caudilloo View Post
    Either way. All those abilities are now on cooldown, the longest being 2 minutes. That kind of burst once every 2 minutes on a pve geared necro doesn't sound too OP too me.
    For the "he was wearing pve gear" agrument in the video, you people do realize that let's say Brittle blade gear on a Necro gives you more armor and more critigation than PVP gear right? So that literally would give him even more protection than PVP gear against the damage that ATG+Decap does... Those making that argument probably don't know that though, as they have already proven themselves to be inexperienced in PVP.

Ill say it once and Ill say it again, In a perfect would everyone's opinions would carry the same weight from both new and old players... But boys, that sure as hell isn't true here.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Yep it is. Now they start defending atg. Lol. The feat which does the same damge, has no ressource costs at all, is completely instant, has over twice the ae then decap and then it is not the part of the problem. Yes of course.... Especially when the suggested fix doesnt even affect atg at all when decap isnt used. An internal cd on atg would completely solve the problem. Because decap alone doesnt one shot clothies. And hfb, bomb, olp and atg hits as hard. But those are okay for te. Why you should nerf decap and not atg is not understandable. The are both the same. Nerf both or make something so you can not use the together. But nerfing just one is just fail.