Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Sillyness of Decap+ATG

Thanks for the meal. Now keep it clean and civil. This thread was good, it should have stayed that way.
    Short cuts make long delays.

Quote Originally Posted by CueQue View Post
    I need to know what abillities are the most nessecary for this to try it out myself (t1 pvp geared) to see wich side i should argue for.
    There isn't even two sides to this lol. There's one side which includes literally some of the best players that play the game currently, and then there's magnus who has already show us that he has no idea what he's talking about. He's using a wrong spec for gods sake lol.

I original said I was grabbing popcorn as a joke, but I come back this morning and see that people are ACTUALLY SERIOUS about this. Delred literally posted a video of him 1 shotting a player and literally wiping half a team with two keystrokes! Before he tested the highest damage posssible with ATG+Decap and when buffed he pulled numbers equaling 15K WITH TWO BUTTON CLICKS. What is wrong with you people that don't understand that absurdly easy buttons like this are what got us to the watered down state of AOC that we have now.

I know they say opinions between new and old players should be equal but honestly skilled veterans are literally the only ones in this conversation making any valid points. THIS IS NOT ABOUT NERFING YOUR CLASS, THIS IS ABOUT REMOVING SKILL-LESS OVERPOWERED FEATURES FOR THE BETTERMENT OF EVERYONE

This is so ridiculous lol, faith in humanity lost for the day

*edit* not talking about you CueQue, didn't want to make it seem like that haha**
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 7th December 2014 at 18:49.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    They fixed PI +BV guard, they fixed 6k dww skipping, I hope they will address this silly issue too
    The funny I been warning them about this issue, even before it hitted live servers.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    There isn't even two sides to this lol. There's one side which includes literally some of the best players that play the game currently, and then there's magnus who has already show us that he has no idea what he's talking about. He's using a wrong spec for gods sake lol.

I original said I was grabbing popcorn as a joke, but I come back this morning and see that people are ACTUALLY SERIOUS about this. Delred literally posted a video of him 1 shotting a player and literally wiping half a team with two keystrokes! Before he tested the highest damage posssible with ATG+Decap and when buffed he pulled numbers equaling 15K WITH TWO BUTTON CLICKS. What is wrong with you people that don't understand that absurdly easy buttons like this are what got us to the watered down state of AOC that we have now.

I know they say opinions between new and old players should be equal but honestly skilled veterans are literally the only ones in this conversation making any valid points. THIS IS NOT ABOUT NERFING YOUR CLASS, THIS IS ABOUT REMOVING SKILL-LESS OVERPOWERED FEATURES FOR THE BETTERMENT OF EVERYONE

This is so ridiculous lol, faith in humanity lost for the day

*edit* not talking about you CueQue, didn't want to make it seem like that haha**
    These "best players in the game", including yourself, provided nothing but drama while Magnus proposed a change that would nerf AtG+Decap in PvP but not nerf PvE zerker. Food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    These "best players in the game", including yourself, provided nothing but drama while Magnus proposed a change that would nerf AtG+Decap in PvP but not nerf PvE zerker. Food for thought.
    Okay fair point, here's what I think should be done.

1. Decap damage reverted to early levels
    2. Add a Combo step to Decap
    3. Mess around with why the crit levels and crit damage levels are so high/different with Decap (devastation) to provide a more consistent damage-wise ability.
    4. Reduce the base damage of ATG, and possibly add some animation
    5. Rework Arcane Marauder to proc as intended not 24/7

Right now, barb has it all as stated by Delred. I believe some of these changes would led to barb being a less forgiving but still extremely good while maintaining the fun fast paced class that it has been in the past.
    Last edited by Usedtissue; 7th December 2014 at 20:20.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

tl;dr

barbs wanted dps, they got dps, im ok with that.
    meh...

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Okay fair point, here's what I think should be done.

1. Decap damage reverted to early levels
    2. Add a Combo step to Decap
    3. Mess around with why the crit levels and crit damage levels are so high/different with Decap (devastation) to provide a more consistent damage-wise ability.
    4. Reduce the base damage of ATG, and possibly add some animation
    5. Rework Arcane Marauder to proc as intended not 24/7

Right now, barb has it all as stated by Delred. I believe some of these changes would led to barb being a less forgiving but still extremely good while maintaining the fun fast paced class that it has been in the past.
    With your proposed changes, Decap would be WORSE than before the patch (same damage as before plus one more step). It was already not feated with lower damage; giving it lower damage + one more step would render it beyond useless. It would become 5 utterly wasted feat points in the Berserker tree.
    AtG has not been touched in years, so your change to it would simply translate as a straight nerf to the class. Same goes for AM.

Basically you're asking for barbs to become clearly weaker than they were even before the patch, of course without posting one shred of factual data to support your "expert views".

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    With your proposed changes, Decap would be WORSE than before the patch (same damage as before plus one more step). It was already not feated with lower damage; giving it lower damage + one more step would render it beyond useless. It would become 5 utterly wasted feat points in the Berserker tree.
    AtG has not been touched in years, so your change to it would simply translate as a straight nerf to the class. Same goes for AM.

Basically you're asking for barbs to become clearly weaker than they were even before the patch, of course without posting one shred of factual data to support your "expert views".
    There's no getting through to you guys... Just answer me this, Do you think ATG + Decap is balanced right now? In addition, how do you think barb stacks up against other classes currently?

I agree with you that decap dmg should be reverted to what it was, 1 step could be added but give combo some debuf or buf or something to make that side of tree attractive. I love when there is versatile builds possible for a class.

Right now Magnus even in your tankier build you are hitting people for 3k extra burst, your butcher and upheaval (which are your main combos) also hit nice already. I kind of think its to much for 1 click combo that can easily be canceled.
    Separate it from ATG is not really solution, it is still to big and easy dmg to deal.

As a suggestion, having not used decap since about a year prior to initial nerf, why not tone down the dmg to previous patch and focus more on the feel of what the feat sounds like, cutting some ones head off/fatality. So let's say the closer to death they are the higher % fatality chance. On top of this bring in an increased cool down of something like 1-1:30 min. Only thing that may affect this is the end feat in general for increase fatality %. $%@* would would be ridiculous.
    Last edited by nopitypeter; 8th December 2014 at 03:33.

Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast