Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Balacai's YouTube Channel

Yeah heard they think the angles they use to avoid it beeing obvious. Read an article that gave a good example of things they never do because it would suck because of low frames/seconds, but don't remember what. Think it was on cracked.com (awesome site btw).
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

I generally sit around 100-120 fps now, with a 144hz monitor. It's nice, but the difference between 100-120 with one AOC open and 60-80 with two AOC's open is almost unnoticeable. Definitely not worth playing minecraft version of AOC to achieve the higher FPS IMO lol

id rather poo in my hand and clap than use graphics like that

Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    I generally sit around 100-120 fps now, with a 144hz monitor. It's nice, but the difference between 100-120 with one AOC open and 60-80 with two AOC's open is almost unnoticeable. Definitely not worth playing minecraft version of AOC to achieve the higher FPS IMO lol
    In the case of this game I absolutely agree. This isn't Quake, the game isn't built for hardcore competition to start with and the graphics are one of AoC's strengths. And if you check his screens you can see that's he not getting a stable 125fps all the time either, the game's engine is just too poor. Those screenshots scream of someone who takes the pvp in this game way too seriously (judging by the resolution, I doubt that he actually has a weak PC).
    Last edited by kalston; 20th June 2014 at 11:05.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Meh, I usualy sit back those 2-3 metres and enjoy a blu-ray, so I don't exactly pay attention to the flaws of side movement. As for games I wouldn't stress over the fps in aoc. As Kalston says, the engine is really poorly optimized, and here I'll have to agree. I'd say 40 fps minimum and you're good, unless you really want to throw money and savings at your pc to squeeze out 100+fps.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    In the case of this game I absolutely agree. This isn't Quake, the game isn't built for hardcore competition to start with and the graphics are one of AoC's strengths. And if you check his screens you can see that's he not getting a stable 125fps all the time either, the game's engine is just too poor. Those screenshots scream of someone who takes the pvp in this game way too seriously (judging by the resolution, I doubt that he actually has a weak PC).
    I could not have said it better myself.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Balacai View Post
    It's not just about what it looks like, as I said before, you can see a difference and it ends at 125 fps for the visual eye.

The biggest reason why I do it, is because of the "feel" of the mouse. The game performs much better, the mouse input doesn't have that ice skate feel to it anymore, everything is in real time. The more FPS games you play like Quake and Counter-Strike, the more you will see and notice it in every single game you play.

AoC is possibly the worst engine ever created, right beside Arma 2, but on it's good days, having high fps and solid mouse control is always going to out weight graphics for me. When you are in to PVP, the last thing you do is go, MAN LOOK AT THESE GRAPHICS! Graphics mean nothing to me, it's all about the game play and competitive value.

But If you read all these other players comments, you will see why none of them will ever be able to compete, because they just don't get it and they value graphics with low fps more and think it doesn't make a difference.

IS your 144 hz monitor capable of doing that at 1080p? If so, it sounds like that Asus monitor I was going to buy. But I went for the panoramic view, which makes the gaming experience much more interesting. I can see things further left and right in all games I play. It's pretty solid

Quote Originally Posted by iCannon View Post
    You sound upset... I am sorry I killed your BS over 20 times in a row yesterday and you suddenly went quiet when we asked for a premade when our solid Carnage team was online.

Let me guess, you want to premade now? Because you know none of Carnage is online, am I right?
    Premades are overrated. Just pug it up. Funcom always get the team balance right on, you never get tired playing the maps because they are so dynamic, and the recent level of skill of most pugs is surprisingly good. They even addressed the gear gaps so no matter what you wear, you can excel... I'm gonna make me a brag board too... Brb

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Premades are overrated. Just pug it up. Funcom always get the team balance right on, you never get tired playing the maps because they are so dynamic, and the recent level of skill of most pugs is surprisingly good. They even addressed the gear gaps so no matter what you wear, you can excel... I'm gonna make me a brag board too... Brb
    pugs are just so that bad players can still "win" and its stupid.

but, thats what gaming is now in 2014, everyone no matter how bad has to "win" so no ones feelings are hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    pugs are just so that bad players can still "win" and its stupid.

but, thats what gaming is now in 2014, everyone no matter how bad has to "win" so no ones feelings are hurt.
    man come on :P. I'd agree if gear didn't matter. but you can't have just the good players having epic gear in pvp. that would just be dumb haha. no one would be able to gear up but the elite who did it first, which was what the bori race was when it came out, remember? better guilds dominated and controlled the zone, farm pve rocks and and got wtf op compared to anyone else. That's why I quit the first time haha. and my guild was the one kicking everyone out and farming it for themselves on my server. I hit rocks for like 1 day and said f this. Would only come out to pvp after that. Point is gear matters too much to make it so hard core that no one else can progress, theres no competition in that. Us baddies are like big girls, we need love too
    Last edited by Baasar; 20th June 2014 at 20:45.
    Baadsar New Bear
    Badsar New Carnage Conq
    Bruhski New DT

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ Care Bear