Thread: Wolves of the Steppes

Default Wolves of the Steppes

Is there anywhere else to get quests to get more faction points with them? Rank 3 now and getting a bit bored doing the same quests in Northern Grasslands.

Hyrikhans and wolves are only located in NG. Atleast thier quests are easy and quick!

The first one is not the only questgiver though. There is one for the hunt quest south of pinpin and later the npc near the cage east of the original questgiver in wolves camp. As finale you get repeatables in Pillars of Heaven (both from hyrkanians and wolves).

Hyrkanians also have one questgiver near the quarry and woods and later the voice of shaman/shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    The first one is not the only questgiver though. There is one for the hunt quest south of pinpin and later the npc near the cage east of the original questgiver in wolves camp. As finale you get repeatables in Pillars of Heaven (both from hyrkanians and wolves).
    You forgot the ones in south east, tranformed into tigers that you have to heal. (One for the Hyrkanian, one for the wolves).

I find that Wolves & Hyrk are actually to quicker and easier faction to grind, since all the quest are put in the same zone, and are quick and easy. You can optimize a routine pretty easily and see the cash flows and the MoA stacks.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Yes, i somehow thought they were for the priest factions though.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Yes, i somehow thought they were for the priest factions though.
    Morning,

hm, i know of only one human transmutated into a tiger in the southeast.
    The one i'm taklin' of is a bit south of the quarry or a bit north across the
    brook of the testicle farm - if you prefer this point of view.

Anyways, this - not-so-happy-with-its-current-form - feline predator
    IS aligned with the children of yag/yellow priests factions, at least it
    is in my game.

Since i can hardly belive that the southeast of the grasslands is jampacked
    with whole HERDs of encanted humans/tigers, could it be even possible that
    this critter is shifting its alignment to the hyrk/wolves faction IF the player
    is not in league with any of the aforementioned priest-factions?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that anybody here is giving out false
    info, i'm just giving out my own expirience. Personally, i'd be pretty glad
    if that darn kitty was aligned with the wolves/hyrks in my game, but alas... .

Have a nice we
    Regards
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye-67 View Post
    Anyways, this - not-so-happy-with-its-current-form - feline predator
    IS aligned with the children of yag/yellow priests factions, at least it
    is in my game.
    Are you absolutely positive of that ? That would be a really interesting finding. But for all my character, they are for Wolves and Hyrkanian.

Morning,
    hm, i know of only one human transmutated into a tiger in the southeast.

Since i can hardly belive that the southeast of the grasslands is jampacked
    with whole HERDs of encanted humans/tigers
    There's two former-human-transmutated-tigers (well, two that I'm aware of). Roughly at the same place, one just a bit more to the east. One of them is named Xu-Xa and I think it's a girl, the other one name's Xian, and is a man. (I think the story was they were lover of something like that, don't remember). IIRC, for all my character, they were quest for Wolves and Hyrkanians. At least Xian gives for the wolves in my game (Just found a screenshot in my screenshot folder). But they do make you search for quest item in small priest camp.

They both make you go fetch some band-aid and some potion in both priest camp. (Which make you fight at least one of the two priest faction if you took a side for either Yun or Yag)

, could it be even possible that
    this critter is shifting its alignment to the hyrk/wolves faction IF the player
    is not in league with any of the aforementioned priest-factions?
    Mmh, not in my game at least, since I sometime don't immediately pick a priest faction and this quest became piece of cake since no one is attacking you when you grab the quest item.

But that would be an interesting finding.

Edit : well, I just checked in game, Xu-Xa is wandering around (1443;368), and Xian is roaming around (1329;422). Xian do indeed gives quest for wolves (at least for me). Xu-Xa wasn't giving me any quest despite the fact I'm sided with a priest faction, so I guess she is for Hyrkanian, but tbh I'm too lazy to log on right now with another toon that is sided with the hyrks.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 23rd March 2014 at 16:13.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Are you absolutely positive of that ? That would be a really interesting finding. But for all my character, they are for Wolves and Hyrkanian.
    Morning,

normally i'd say, yes, i'm absolutly positive on that. However since i haven't
    played for a couple of days, you've inspired a little doubt in me, so its just
    99% positive atm .
    I'll gonna check it out again later and report back here then.

Regards
    Hawk
    "I have known many gods.
    He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply."
    R. E. Howard - Queen of the black coast

Aerion Brightflame. One night, in his cups, he drank a jar of wildfire,
    after telling his friends it would transform him into a dragon, but the
    gods were kind and it transformed him into a corpse.
    George R.R. Martin - A Clash of Kings