Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: World Raid Boss PvE System & Legendary Items

Quote Originally Posted by lmagowz View Post
    Fury right now don't have any guild/alliance who can hold the boss 24/7 for a week. Proved by may 2013 event. Also Fury have guilds with all PVE content on farm. You don't need to run anywhere if you want focus on PVE on Fury.
    Of course that's what i'm saying. But you can't deny it's easier to raid on Crom. Not that it's complicated on Fury, but on Fury the game is still guild/alliance oriented without many PuG raids. And if you ask me that's not a bad thing.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

There is nothing awesome, exciting or anything positive or even constructive about this "content" except one: Another reason to not subscribe.

And what's with all you people kissing up to the devs for releasing another turd. It's like the kick the dog syndrome on a mass scale. Wake up!
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Quote Originally Posted by Brazza View Post
    There is nothing awesome, exciting or anything positive or even constructive about this "content" except one: Another reason to not subscribe.

And what's with all you people kissing up to the devs for releasing another turd. It's like the kick the dog syndrome on a mass scale. Wake up!
    Then quit subscribing?

Yes, this is yet another PvE-addon. Accept it or not, there's little you, or I, can do to influence what it is.

I'd love to see some proper PvP-systems that made Open-world PvP into something that's interesting to dabble with (Minis are, as I've said for years, the equivalent of using a Donald Duck band-aid on a 12.7mm HESH-wound to the chest), but I'll never hold my breath for it. This IS Funcom, after all. As much as I love the products they put out on the market, they have damn near NEVER been able to construct a proper PvP-system that's enjoyable to deal with. And to be honest, I've stopped hoping for it to happen.

Better to enjoy the game for what it is than to constantly rail, wail, whine and bitch about what it isn't.
    Battleaxe Brain Surgeons Rides Again!

Wharrgharbl (80 Axemurdering maniac Barb)
    Ikoim (80 Conq)
    Hazakahn (80 ToSspot)
    Kegh (80 Beer Shaman)
    Vachir (80 Guardian)
    Mivat (80 Necromancer)
    A horde of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Azanath1979 View Post
    These things will not be hiding at the end of a super time intensive and difficult raid instance. So what is exactly preventing you for joining the hunt yourself apart from the fact taht you only like pvp and will never do anything else? Most people like pve and pvp and it is for those people that MMo are nowadays made. If you only like pvp and nothing else I suggest to keep a close look at Camelot unchained, seems like this will be a pretty solid pvp title...
    And who says I only like pvp? I do both. But even the most hardcore pvers are complaining about stat inflation these days (because it makes everything too easy and pushes classes like dt/conq towards something not very healthy for the game) so when I see people asking for more power from those cloaks... I just want to *censored* some people.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    MORE PVEEEEEEEE

Awesome just want the people have been asking for!

Jokes aside it does look really good and it's a very good idea. Now lets balance those pvp weapons eh?
    Rofl ' more pvee ' bleh....

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Oh we had lots of fun on crom last time we had world bosses
    I 'm sure you had lots of fun years with the same bosses.....Cry pls more FC about pve contents..

Legendary items should include completing all aspects of the game. Just showing up to kill pve bosses that players will have advance notice of when and where is a stupid way to give the best items in game out, your just rewarding people who have more time to play than others.

The quest line for getting a legendary items should require solo pve content, 6 man pve content, raid pve content, social content, crafting content, and pvp content. A player should to have fully embrace every aspect of the game to be able to receive one of these items. It should not just be some handout for showing up to kill world bosses, since on a pve server there is absolutely no risk in standing around and waiting. It should be an all inclusive quest that should at least take a few weeks to complete providing you have taken time to build up a crafting skill, pvp, and pve. There should be a progression to it, not just a hand out like memory cloud loot :/
    Doomsayer 2008

You have to kill 1 boss a month, I don't think it's too much to ask..

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Legendary items should include completing all aspects of the game. Just showing up to kill pve bosses that players will have advance notice of when and where is a stupid way to give the best items in game out, your just rewarding people who have more time to play than others.

The quest line for getting a legendary items should require solo pve content, 6 man pve content, raid pve content, social content, crafting content, and pvp content. A player should to have fully embrace every aspect of the game to be able to receive one of these items. It should not just be some handout for showing up to kill world bosses, since on a pve server there is absolutely no risk in standing around and waiting. It should be an all inclusive quest that should at least take a few weeks to complete providing you have taken time to build up a crafting skill, pvp, and pve. There should be a progression to it, not just a hand out like memory cloud loot :/
    It is Hyboria not Azeroth
    AOC does not hav LfR and LfD

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post

If not that, then legendary items should exist in every category (crafting, pvp and maybe even more than just one pve aspect). Or they should have other attributes normal items never have. Just more powerfull stats don't make them legendary. If you could interact with them, customize or use them for other things, then maybe. I am not sure, if the diablo approach suits aoc well, especially when looking at the weird item budgets altogether. And if sooner or later every endgame player runs around with one, what makes them legendary?

Maybe make them unique and not binding. Add drawbacks, curses, unique buffs/debuffs, unique abilities unlocked and other things maybe, too. Make them special. Make them like artifacts that are powerful, but fickle or dangerous to use.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 1st December 2013 at 07:29.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast