Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Conan stands still (no progression)

Progression does not have to be steep, it does not have to be linear.
    Progression also does not mean necessary more power, it can for example also as Slith mentioned more options.

Crafting could make it quite interesting, but we should pretty much face the reality here guys. Look how long they're working on crafting system, how long new DS dungeons took and how long new unchained stuff takes...there won't be any new raid tier, ever(unless it's something like t3.5 with just one or two bosses dropping pointless and subpar stuff).

Funcom shoot themselfs in the leg with their dependancy on Khitai. Every item now(general item, not something so niche like prot tanking tali or prot neck, bs ring)has to be significantly worse than its t4 counterpart and just a tad better than k6 faction version. And cause testing of this game is run by veteran core full of people who already finished all content in this game, new dungeons went up in difficulty. What you end up with is dungeon that is really hard for quite large part of population and doesn't give anything usefull to players its designed for.

TL;DR? There is no way out of this - funcom is too small for new proper tier, pvpers are too whiny for new powerfull raid items and people have to buy khitai.
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

Quote Originally Posted by nuadar View Post
    Crafting could make it quite interesting, but we should pretty much face the reality here guys. Look how long they're working on crafting system, how long new DS dungeons took and how long new unchained stuff takes...there won't be any new raid tier, ever(unless it's something like t3.5 with just one or two bosses dropping pointless and subpar stuff).

Funcom shoot themselfs in the leg with their dependancy on Khitai. Every item now(general item, not something so niche like prot tanking tali or prot neck, bs ring)has to be significantly worse than its t4 counterpart and just a tad better than k6 faction version. And cause testing of this game is run by veteran core full of people who already finished all content in this game, new dungeons went up in difficulty. What you end up with is dungeon that is really hard for quite large part of population and doesn't give anything usefull to players its designed for.

TL;DR? There is no way out of this - funcom is too small for new proper tier, pvpers are too whiny for new powerfull raid items and people have to buy khitai.
    I agree with every sentence of this, especially the fact that the testing groups are all full T4 so that's what new content is balanced around.

Coils is just goddamn absurd for anyone with less gear than full T4.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    I agree with every sentence of this, especially the fact that the testing groups are all full T4 so that's what new content is balanced around.

Coils is just goddamn absurd for anyone with less gear than full T4.
    If you had clue what you were talking about then you would't have said such a nonsense.

Coils does't require full T4 characters not even close, A FACT. Stop spreading myths and false feedback made by incapable and bad players, it requires players that know how to coordinate themselves nothing else!

...and people have to buy khitai.
    I beg to differ.
    First, the expansion is good enough to sell well with a slightly reduced price, because there is no alternative, if you want AAs unlocked.
    So, letting go of other income sources just to not admit the design and focus was faulty (see above what there), is plainly economically stupid.
    Secondly, they could make a lot more money from the shop, without being so dependant on subs and khitai. They just have to make sure what they offr is valid and attractive for f2p AND premium.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I beg to differ.
    First, the expansion is good enough to sell well with a slightly reduced price, because there is no alternative, if you want AAs unlocked.
    So, letting go of other income sources just to not admit the design and focus was faulty (see above what there), is plainly economically stupid.
    Secondly, they could make a lot more money from the shop, without being so dependant on subs and khitai. They just have to make sure what they offr is valid and attractive for f2p AND premium.
    Well they could, but as we all see, they went "Khitai is top" way...

Ofc way you proposed would be better for us(hard to say if it would be like that for them cause we don¨t see into funcoms financial stuff)

And yeah Coils don't require T4, coils is just generaly hard instance and is significantly harder with k6 group, that's just a fact. Not impossible but significantly harder
    Last edited by nuadar; 13th October 2013 at 22:08.
    Valianoris - 80lvl Priest of Mitra
    Aelfronear - 80lvl Dark Templar

The fact that there is no longer any power escalation might be something many people find bothering, but i for one feel that it's for the best and i am very satisfied by it.

I like the fact that with a maxed out character you can stop thinking about getting better gear and just do whatever you want to do with just in mind the fun factor.

That being said, i believe the answer lies in stat distribution on items budgets, mainly because this is something that Funcom seems to be trying to address with the crafting revamp, on top of adding a whole AA section dedicated to crafting only.

After all, if you can craft your own T4 set and in the process get rid of the stats you don't need on your class to redistribute that budget on stats from which you can benefit more, then your custom set could be an actual upgrade from the generic T4 gear.

Since this is the way Funcom manages gear in TSW, it would not surprise me if their plan about the crafting revamp was just to port that tech to AoC.
    That would give an answer to power escalation, PvP gear being inadequate for many classes, lower tier gear obsolescence and raw character progression.

And yeah Coils don't require T4, coils is just generaly hard instance and is significantly harder with k6 group, that's just a fact. Not impossible but significantly harder
    problem with Coils show the current situation about progression.

You need a very good group to clear it, including the Serpent-man Omniprophet which require good leading, people with experience, a not-so-bad-gear to handle errors... which make it impossible to any real global pug.
    Only pug i see in Coils are thoses who stick to 3/4th bosses hopping to loot decent epic legs.

But thoses legs are just decents. Not good, not crap, just decent. Goods legs are already in the pocket of many chars thanks to Yagloop you can make with anybody grabbed on global without leading and without vocal.
    So what's the point of Coils ? Dungeon is designed for vets but vets are already in the best gear they can achieve in both solo/k6 (kithaï epic dps gear) or raid (T4).

Dungeon is designed with tactics close to raid tactics with good coordination and everyone with a decisive task to do. So only guilds groups or friendlist groups have the chance to reach the last boss. Knowing that, we know Coils will remains deserted like old ti an an district until it got hit by nerf hammer (+ eventually better loots, but with the close limit of loots being inferior to T4)

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    problem with Coils show the current situation about progression.

You need a very good group to clear it, including the Serpent-man Omniprophet which require good leading, people with experience, a not-so-bad-gear to handle errors... which make it impossible to any real global pug.
    Only pug i see in Coils are thoses who stick to 3/4th bosses hopping to loot decent epic legs.

But thoses legs are just decents. Not good, not crap, just decent. Goods legs are already in the pocket of many chars thanks to Yagloop you can make with anybody grabbed on global without leading and without vocal.
    So what's the point of Coils ? Dungeon is designed for vets but vets are already in the best gear they can achieve in both solo/k6 (kithaï epic dps gear) or raid (T4).

Dungeon is designed with tactics close to raid tactics with good coordination and everyone with a decisive task to do. So only guilds groups or friendlist groups have the chance to reach the last boss. Knowing that, we know Coils will remains deserted like old ti an an district until it got hit by nerf hammer (+ eventually better loots, but with the close limit of loots being inferior to T4)
    there is no problem with coils, there is however a problem with players who systematicaly abhor using voice system and learning to play the class they are on.
    you dont need special gear of any kind to complete dungeon and gear dropped is slightly better then kithai/t3.

i would only see as good thing but not needed to add a total removal of all dots and debuff on each aura change in omni prophet, and decrease number of rifts in last boss.

yeah you do need to know tactics to clear it, we had to wipe our way into know them and adapt to it.

problem is players who dont want to wipe and terminantly refuse to join vent/ts and refuse to adapt and learn to play their class.

unlike sepulcher wich has a gear check lame mechanics on last boss coils has none of that crap you can go in with an averagely geared group and clear it, i done it now in all sorts of groups even myself on nab alts with t2 gear only and still cleared it.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

First : There is a problem with Coils, since almost nobody runs it. It failed, and failed hard despite the amount of work provided by devs.

Secondly : You can't asking for vocal for a pug, i talk about real pugs in global (grab 5 randoms and go) not some sort of group when you are all in each-other friendlists. Good luck pushing people to go in vent when frenchies are using mainly mumble and spanish people raidcall. And good luck having the better communication and exact pronunciation while explaining the tactics to one russian, one french, one aussie, one scottish and one italian guy ;d

You can't also make a progression group for coils with a PuG. Definition of pug is, except of the leader, others players can change. I'm pretty sure you're experienced in progression raid, and progression raids are viable only if you don't change players each day. That's why only OPR can have progression in T4 and clearing T3 regularly despite of the nerf of TAS cause you have people entitled to one class and coming each week.

Coils is a guild-dungeon or friend-group dungeon. Knowing that, it reduce drastically its popularity and it remains like this forever if nothing changes from funcom's devs PoV. Only dungeon like this is Ti an an district but at least it loot some accessories better than T4 ones (wings). Which is fairly surprising cause usually people start to QQ that K6 stuff better than raid one is sorta game-breaking and push funcom to out-nerf them

But tbh who cares, when pvers got bored of kithans HM they just leave the game.
    Last edited by Bibik; 14th October 2013 at 10:27.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast