Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Plight of the EU player...

Sweden here. I usually have around 120-140 ms, which is good enough for me. Only bad thing is that we pay alot more than the US players. (Why?)
    Br,
    Roevhalt

I have subbed this game for 5 years more or less but this is going to be my last one. Unfortunately i still have many months left. I doubt FC will be able to do anything about this latency issues what EU players are suffering. PVE is still playable but PVP is utterly crap with teleporting ppl and combos not hitting the target.

It was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Petridish View Post
    They have 2 options:

- suck it up and deal with it (like any AU player has to when they play *any* MMO game ... since none locate servers down here)
    - stop playing (if the experience in PvP is too frustrating for you, and you really, really do not want to do any PvE)

It's as simple as that. Funcom have made their decision on where to locate the servers.
    It's this in a nutshell, coming from an Australian @ 350 latency.

I can only imagine it's hella frustrating to have come from low ping and felt the horrible effects, but the reality appears to be that funcom are not going to undo what's done.

I don't want to be pessimistic and/or giving an ultimatum as I think the game is great and although some things become a bit harder (or a lot harder in PVP) you can still be competitive and have fun even with appalling lag. I do however feel that complaining about the change of location is fairly pointless in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    I do however feel that complaining about the change of location is fairly pointless in the end.
    Exactly. They're not going to relocate the servers after they've just merged them. That level of ping is an every day reality for Oceanic players in EVERY MMO we play; so - it's do-able.

Things that would help:

1. Optional regional match-making. Places everyone on the same footing.
    2. Optional latency based match-making. Places everyone on the same footing.

Or to help, as he introduced himself, Jack @$#! as the OP - let's introduce a 200ms latency for all US based players; enforced by send delays from the server. That way we can all be in the same shitty boat

(I jest ... but can you imagine the reaction from the US if they had to play with what everybody else in the world usually has to deal with? Hehehe)

wery small player base comes from australia so that is not so important but EU player base is the big part here, fix it or we leave =) and it also means like sharmutah said "no aoc for u"

sure it would be awesome if everyone would have 50ms

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    wery small player base comes from australia so that is not so important but EU player base is the big part here, fix it or we leave =) and it also means like sharmutah said "no aoc for u"

sure it would be awesome if everyone would have 50ms
    Get out of here you recast prick

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    Well, Oceanics have learned to adapt to the maximums of what our geographical limitations allow us to. They are still not shifting the servers back, mate. So you can either deal with it (Ask any Oceanic for advice; we'll probably be willing to help most of you) or lump it and go play something worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Treras View Post
    Well, Oceanics have learned to adapt to the maximums of what our geographical limitations allow us to. They are still not shifting the servers back, mate. So you can either deal with it (Ask any Oceanic for advice; we'll probably be willing to help most of you) or lump it and go play something worse.
    Thats why u have only 2 players from there. Would u have good latency, im sure ur numbers be much bigger. As i see now ppl's 0,5-1 year sub coming to end and i hihgly doubt many of them will resub. Atleast i wont.

Quote Originally Posted by Treras View Post
    They are still not shifting the servers back, mate. So you can either deal with it[...]or lump it and go play something worse.
    It's obvious that they're not gonna do that, the funny thing is that they left a slight hope it would never happen and we'd have a say in this, 2 days after they just said "bam! we'll do it".
    Taking their bag is pretty much what many ppl from eastern EU or Russia seem to have done, there are a lot less of them on fury since the move and the server felt considerably more empty since then.

The rise of ping after the merge wouldn't be this bad if it wouldnt be so different for everyone. I myself mostly sit @110-130 ping, which is still decent even if i had 50 before, with the occasional red-bar-spikes and disconnects everyone knows.
    What weirds me out is that ppl who live around 300-400km near my location have 250+ ping and horrible spikes since some of the last patches. The very same ppl play with decent and stable pings in other games. How is that possible?
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 1st October 2013 at 08:13.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

My gaming history in the game:
    2009-2011: 120-130ms. I feel fine. I get 89ms in the morning, and it feels very smooth.

2011-2013: 130-160ms. Polish and European servers merged I see rogues teleporting sometimes; but otherwise, it is tolerable (on the brink of intolerable).

2013, relocation to the US 220-260ms. I do not join The Call of Jhebbal Sag, as it is hard to tell what is happening with the lag. Rogues teleport all the time. PVP is hard. Chat is delayed. Buttons do not work sometimes. In the mornings, I had around 198ms.

2013, September, latest maintenance: 300-380ms. Near to impossible to do anything. No PVP. We get kicked out of the game with no warning messages.

Please get the game at least to the morning delay of pre-maintenance period.
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 1st October 2013 at 08:58.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast