Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – August 2013

grats funcom. with this idea u buried urself again when it comes to pvp.

forum is full of great ideas how to make it work again. no instead of using them we should start another new char! for a event really noone of the pvp community wanted on a new server.
    i mean what the hell...

for my part ill stay f2p and u guys wont get another cent until u bring up something for the existing servers.

im pretty sure it wont happen.

really u guys should get a price for these great pvp ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by SelfRez View Post
    Hmmm. Im confused about this Hyborian race. Its nice that you are trying so my gratitudes for that but new character ? on empty server? and only temporary event ?
    I was thinking more like something to improve permanently PVP/open world PVP. I personally dont want to create any new characters actually i already too many. besided "semi casual" player like me has no chance of making first nor even top 10.. So no interest really to even try. Overall this idea makes no sense at all tbh....
    I fully agree with this. People with jobs, kids, won't even bother.This mode caters to players with too much time on their hands, waking up at 7-8am and playing until it's 7am again.Casuals or even semi casuals should not apply.
    But...there could be another way to make it fair for everyone.At the end of the event, count each player's game time and whoever reached 80 the fastest, is the best. By fastest I don't mean real days, but actual play time.
    Same like in WRC race events.Each car races on it's own and the final times decide who won.
    Then it would cater to everyone. Those with plenty of time on their hands would finish the climb to 80 in let's say 2 weeks, with a total playing time of...10 days, while the casuals could reach level 80 in a month but could still have better playing time and coudl still win.

Just my 2 cents...

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post

if game director bothers to fix gamebreaking bugs, ban all third party abusers and fix geometry in minigame maps wich should come first before lvling to 80 events maybe i would be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZXAA...fn2hw&index=10 linking boobs teaching japanese
    I've never cared about pvp bugs but now that I know your going to link videos like that when are all fixed I DEMAND A FIX UPDATE RIGHT NOW.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Angry unsubscribe

Quote Originally Posted by Farlorn View Post
    Well this is pathetic. Instead of giving us PvP factions and new maps, you're asking us to roll new toons...
    No word of crafting rewamp.
    Unchained versions of crappy dungeouns that no one bothers.
    Yeah right.
    Please send me whatever you're smoking cos i wanna see pink elephants too...
    At least my sub ends tomorrow, dont wanna pay another cent for this failure of an mmo.
    Yep they still trying to get on time and suck more money till they can.Im sure old players are tired of lvling new toons on new server.This is joke guys.I will unsubscribe and take another year of AoC and hope till then someone buy Fancom and fix this game ones for all!!!
    Let it be known forth,if it wasn't before,
    That Primal Instinct is not carpet from Usak
    That Primal Instinct is not silk pillow from Brus
    That Primal Instinct know things more precious then head
    Primal Instinct is not handful of rice to be picked out by
    Every crow brought by the wind !!!

Reading only about a dozen or so of the responses here, I can pretty much gather what most are saying. And by "most", I mean the pvpers.

And you guys wonder why your servers are next to dead.
    You people are....."loud". Like a bad teenage neighbor with no parental supervision loud. Even though I can understand not being happy about the lack of pvp stuff here in AoC, it's been like this for 5+ years!!!! Move on if you don't like the pvp here!
    Sane people don't go to the same Italian restaurant over and over and over to order a Hotdog, and then get mad because they don't serve Hotdogs! This game does not serve PVP!!!! You get what you've gotten for 5+ years, and that's it! Get it? Yeah, it sucks, but they don't serve Hotdogs here!

For whatever this is worth to some of you...> I've had clients in the past that were stuffed with money and more than ready to spend it. But they were so unpleasant to deal with(insert a dozen reasons why here) that I would not do business with them. Sure, I could have made hundreds from them. But my peace of mind was worth 10x's as much as they were willing to spend. It's hard to be nice and want to do nice things for mean people.

They serve the best pvp ever seen on an MMORPG. We just want more. Sorry you don't like the taste of it. Maybe you'll like it too with time, it's like olives, takes a few try.
    Last edited by Religolibri; 6th September 2013 at 15:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    They serve the best pvp ever seen on an MMORPG. We just want more. Sorry you don't like the taste of it. Maybe you'll like it too with time, it's like olives, takes a few try.
    Oh, I know pvp well enough. Lvl 9 here. Kush duels pre-1.04 with my frying pans was a blast! Funcom does have the best ovens for pvp, the best ingredients for pvp. Just not the pvp chefs?

I too wish there was more pvp, or a reason to do it, or funner people to do it with, or a purpose, or more than 5 mini maps. There isn't though. And THAT is what I get. Sure, they COULD cook up one of the best Hotdogs ever, but they don't cook Hotdogs here.

@noite80

And now we are talking. I like the way this discussion is evolving. I can't say anything new though, because I see (and get) your points in pretty much everything you are saying here, but I doubt there is really much we can change and I still don't agree that our GD is doing bad job.

You are one of the good guys, it is just that negative attitude (probably coming from the fact that we are waiting so long for fixes/new content etc.) which sometimes annoy people like me

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    I've seen nothing but vitriol or ridiculous assumptions that this event means we are not doing other things.
    I wouldn't go as far to say it is vitriol (at least not intentional vitriol), i think what we have here is a game that has over the years whittled down to a core group of extremely passionate fans who worry a lot about the slightest thing.

They're not like us over on the TSW forums (Belidos btw, this is my holiday game ), over there we have a more relaxed attitude with a lot more of a mature and positive outlook, not because we are actually more mature more because over there we have less to worry about.

I think over here you need to do more than just tell us what you are planning you need to show us what you can do, over here it's more of an actions speak louder than words forum.
    Ashareth: Assassin (80) - Tsong: Ranger (80) - Ashoreth: Dark Templar (80) - Belidos: Conqueror (80)
    Ashorath: Guardian (52) - Asharoth: Priest of Mitra (80) - Asheera: Tempest of Set (80)
    Asharath: Bear Shaman (5) - Asharatep: Demonologist (80)

Not going to read 18 pages .. 2 is enough ..

.. probably missed an answer back there .. a new server for new toons for some time ... I really don't see the point apart from a very very few PvPers who like low level PvP for the pvp rather than rush to 80 and grind Memory Cloud.

But I'm not going to bitch as it doesn't have any appeal to me (not since Bori anyway)
    Last edited by Invino; 6th September 2013 at 16:28.