Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why aoc is mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    I agree Invino forgot to mentionn boobs. Then it's better !
    But... but... I deleted all my melee boobs characters cause their animations sucked in comparison to males :P (I suppose you can stare at boobs as mage though)
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by spartan424 View Post
    All I got to say about AoC, still better than SWTOR....
    A lot of things are better then SWTOR .. even things like salt in wound or slitting wrists with electric razors.

Kinda wish I never found AoC, makes every other RPG seem so .. meh ..

I wish another low fantasy brutal bloody game will come out...something in the line of AoC..with ACTUAL low magic environment.

The game came out in 08 so obviously some things will be outdated. GW2 has shown an amazing way for crafting, underwater combat that's actually good, pvp ranking system that actually matters and the list goes on. It does lack things in my opinion, so I still play aoc over it but...

The biggest problem with the game is not allowing solo players to get top gear. That is a mistake for any company. The only ones that are left playing are pretty much a few pvpers and raid groups. New people who come to the game ends up having their progression halted because they can't make their toons stronger anymore...then they get bored. And with no notable updates...

Should take a lesson from GW2 who constantly does updates every two weeks. Like...mad content and new things to do.

I play PvE and love it (don't get griefed by other players), but I might be easily satisfied, LOL

More of a Conan fan than an MMO aficionado, I looooove the melee, never been into spells-&-magic as such (although I did enjoy Neverwinter Nights 2 when I played through it once).

I bought the Savage Coast of Turan expansion, but I don't play regularly enough to justify going premium - I might change my mind when I turn level 80 (my Barb is currently lvl 61). That said, Funcom need to be keeping the paying customers happy, so if that means concentrating on PvP (assuming most subscribers do PvP?), they should knuckle down and get on with it.

If the game ever does go belly-up, I hope they'll do some sort of single player mod, or let us buy whatever we'd need to run PvE on own PC - I'm not sure I'll be as keen on other fantasy worlds outside Hyboria, especially if the melee combat isn't as good.

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    ur face is mediocre
    That said, we don't care about most of that stuff. The good outweighs the bad by a ridiculous amount if you're a dungeon/raid/pve sort of guy.
    the 800,000 players who quit since launch disagree with you.

your opinion is in the minority.
    Last edited by pickle1; 28th August 2013 at 01:32.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    There is rain in Khitai and Cimmeria
    Awesome.

The game offers the best crafting system.
    lol. i will respectfully disagree with you.

The player base is enough to fill low-level groups and high-level raids. What are you talking about?
    Nope, not on the US servers. US server population has about 40 people on Tyranny, 20 on Deathwish and maybe 100-150 on Set?

You're wrong.

There are mergences coming, sir.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by pickle1 View Post
    Nope, not on the US servers. US server population has about 40 people on Tyranny, 20 on Deathwish and maybe 100-150 on Set?
    Then this thread should be called "why playing AoC on the US servers is a mediocre experience". For which i feel sorry for you.

But playing on Crom, i feel most people do have a good gaming experience. All's good thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12