Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: three new unchained pve dungeons

My point is that Funcom seems to take one road with TSW and they bring AoC on its trail in terms of design.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    They released content to fast for the pve crowd. T4 gear is the best you can get and there is no way you can introduce higher tiered items with the current progression as it would just be stupid OP, if you look at the progression between 3 and 3.5 to 4 there is no comparison to the power of the t4 gear for certain classes over the lower tiered items. Especially for Mage gear when the t4 gear not only includes almost the same amount of intelligence as t3.5 but also adds 30-40 magic damage each item in addition too...

I think their intent will be to make a gap decrease to where the Cetriss items will probably be closer to t4 stats just a bit lower.

They already said the dungeon 6 man content will be worthwhile as well...
    I think you are blinding your judgment by taking a pvp viewpoint on how "op" T4 gear currently is. I agree with you though, and I think the fix is to upgrade pvp gear to make it more viable, or even add a new tier of desirable pvp gear. Another option is to "nerf" T4 pve gear but I'd rather not do that as I don't care for nerfs at all, no matter what domain, either pve or pvp.

Having said that though, if the new raid is not a gear upgrade over the current T4, it will be a major waste of dev time. People can chit chat here and there about "horizontal progression" but that's a bunch of bullsh!t imo. Every T4 raider in this game and there's 7 guild or so in the US, and probably 20 (just a guess) in the EU, we all want a T5 raid, and that's quite a few guilds. We want progression, we want our time to feel justified. If that sounds "loot whorish", it's how it is unfortunately. We as progression raiders want a challenge, but at the same time we want rewards to justify those challenges. I, and many others, don't want to bust our asses to kill a boss in the new raid, and my full T4 necro gets a piece of gear that is inferior to what I currently have, I don't care if said piece of gear has some weird "horizontal progression" stat of evade or whatever. I and ev1 else want actual gear progression, otherwise the new raid will be done just to do it and will be left deserted, and thus become Temple of Erlik 2.0

Funcom, make the new raid T5 and make it a full raid zone, not a half raid like ToE. As for those that will chime in about introducing even more powerful gear than T4 into the game, that's up to Funcom to fix, I've already suggested adjusting existing pvp gear as well as introducing newer tier pvp gear so the t5 gear doesn't cause too much QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Personally I'd wish Funcom would spend their time and resources on NEW content
    Funcom is working on new content.

The Secret World is getting two new zones, City of Tokyo and another undisclosed location. The Secret World is also getting 2 new dungeons, and a lair raid along with a new "Augmentation" system which adds on to the TSW's crafting system.
    Last edited by bladester22; 1st August 2013 at 21:39.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123