Thread: Yet another returning player

Default Yet another returning player

Probably you're sick of those threads, but I felt like I wanted to give AoC another try. My lvl 80 barb is from the time when the game was paid, and there were no expansions, sub. and p2win stuff. I have NO idea whatsoever regarding the group dungeons/raids at the moment. I have this crappy blue gear, and don't feel like questing any more, since the new areas are locked for non-subscribers. Question is - where do I begin ? If I wanted to start doing some PvE for phat lewt, what do I do ? I've forgotten almost everything, and don't even remember if there was an option to join dungeon parties and stuff. Do I have to look for a group in the chat ? I see there's a list with the dungeons, but it says ''teleport blocked''. I had a guild, but I think it's buried by time and dust now, no sign of them. Probably I'll just leave it ( if I can ? ) and join another one.

And one more thing. When I got to Old Tarantia, I felt like I'm in ghost town. Why is it so empty ? Am I missing something ? Occasionally I'd meet someone along the road, but ... I sincerely hope the game is still populated and running with full force, cuz it's the mmo i've had most fun with.

First, since you play a barb, get on the barb class sub forum and adopt one of those cool reaver full dps build.

As reaver barb, you have a huge advantage over other dps classes : you do not rely on gear nor anything to deal decent amount of damages.
    So you crappy gear won't be an issue at all.

Join a new guild for sure, depending on your server, the beginner friendly ones may vary. I know on Crom there are quite many of those.

OT being a bit deserted, well, since most people tend to hang around either in khemi or in non hub maps, that's quite normal. OT was crowded and overloaded only during the recent anniversary.

Anyways, once you get that reaver build and that new newbie friendly guild, your goal is to roam around and run those cool dungeons placed in the old world.
    Among those cool dungeons : Atzel's fortress, Xibaluku, Onyx.

Run each of those a couple of times and you'll get back in touch with the game in no time.
    At the same time, join T1 raids to get some purple stuff.

Once you've done that, you'll know enough about the game to decide what to do next.

Thanks, mate. So I'll find a new guild asap. What's the best way - asking here, or in the in-game chat ?

And if anyone, reading this, has a guild that would take me into their loving and caring hands ... :O

Check the guild hall in these forums, you'll see the guilds there, describing their purpose, the server they are on, etc.

You can also check in game ads posted in global channel.

And finally, play with people, in dungeons and raids, you'll see players from different guilds, find the cool ones.

I was about to ask some questions about the barb in the classes sub-forum, but for some reason, I can only post here. Are the other parts of the forum available for subscribers only ?

P.P. woops, should've seen first, there's a class sub-forum in the f2p section too :O
    Last edited by nekropanzer; 1st June 2013 at 21:53.

if you are not a p2p player you cant post there, only on f2p forums