Thread: GD is talking about GW2 style minigames

Default GD is talking about GW2 style minigames

There is a discussion going on in the sub forum but as a vet (only spent about 700 euros on this game) and a f2p i cant post there so i post one short post here instead.
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=182197

If they go through with the gw2 style, best armor and best AA, when you join a minigame, ofc upscaled to level 80, dont make it an option, make it mandatory so unchained is the ONLY way to play. And ofc also increase the rewards for winning and participating.

Suddenly the minigame (T2) armor in open world would make sense. You spend your time in minigames (dungeon) and get rewarded with minigame armor.

Dont make it a subbased service, why, easy, gw2 is free, it got more maps, the gameplay is easier (lower threshold), the combat system more complex (higher skillcap) and ofc you have a very functional open world pvp world to play in. And lets not forget tournaments, spectator mode is launched at 30th of april along side rented servers.

In short make it free and make it pull people to the game, very few will pay a dime for something that is all ready available in other games and for free. Dont make the mistake to charge for this one if you want to have at least a slim chance to bring people to the game.

/Brutaly

Hi mate!

Everythings fine? Still playing AoC? Really good news for you guys that FC finally took a look at GW 2 pvp! Hopefully they also check out dailys/monthly pvp objectives and wvw and add something similar for borderlands.

Hi,

not playing atm. No time from RL.
    But gonna check up again when new minigames come

take care

In unchained PvP, will every character automatically become max level like in gw2? If so, awesome! I always loved this game but could never get into it because I have to wait 80 levels before I can PvP. I also was worried that by the time I hit 80 maybe funcom pulls the plug on AoC. Just a thought from a returning player.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Hi,

not playing atm. No time from RL.
    But gonna check up again when new minigames come

take care
    Sorry to hear that, sitting here and follow the forums only, hoping for something good to pop up and unchained is defintely something good.

Was also thinking of rejoining but honestly this server move just has to be the worst ever. Cant see myself playing with overall 200-250 ping against US players and 400-500 versus a russian dude.

Maybe time to stop monitoring the forums, this company seem to having a very hard time understanding its customers and even the service they designed and provide.

Well back to work, have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Conani View Post
    In unchained PvP, will every character automatically become max level like in gw2? If so, awesome! I always loved this game but could never get into it because I have to wait 80 levels before I can PvP. I also was worried that by the time I hit 80 maybe funcom pulls the plug on AoC. Just a thought from a returning player.
    As i have understood it they will be upscaled in level, stats and armor. Its a bit unclear if it will incorporate AA but i assume it will be included, if not they missed the entire point of doing it.

Hopefully they make a complete copy and paste of the GW2 lobby, so you can choose from all armor/stat alternatives. And the amror it self i just a skin. That would make it so much more fun than actaully "know" the setup by looking at the armor.

Well the server move killed this a bit for me, sitting with 70 ping in GW+GW2 and cant see myself play a luckbased game with +500 ping versus australians. If the teleports were bad before it will be silly now.

Aussies have always dealt with high ping. Some of the best PvPer's are aussies.

Cant see what that has to do with me being sceptical about playing pvp with half a second delays. I like pvp on equal terms, hence why i think unchained is a good idea, and with those differences in ping its not equal terms.

Aussies deal with fire storms and bad beer and i have to deal with long winters, is that relevant?

My point is that most of the EU don't know what high ping really feels like compared to the Aussies and Kiwis who've been playing with 250+ pings without much complaint since launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Roargathor View Post
    My point is that most of the EU don't know what high ping really feels like compared to the Aussies and Kiwis who've been playing with 250+ pings without much complaint since launch.
    Sorry about you guys having to play with that high ping, but i bet if you started with 50 and than moved to 250 you would be complaining to.
    Beside i hear about good pvp with high ping, so far i have seen one video and not to impressed.
    And yes Thizon it would be great if the copy gw2 lobby totally. One part i really loved in that game was creating a char and jumping into pvp from start. And also multiple choices of build and accesories in gear.