Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Hey Funcom Quick Question On Latency =)

Deathsader(OP) should be prowd, bringing up possible the most important thread/issue this game/forum has ever seen. Good one man.

Quote Originally Posted by Melekaiah View Post
    Aah yeah. Honestly funcom. this move counts me out from ever coming back fully. latency was one of the reasons i still subbed where other games had lots.

As an eu player going to 120-170 ping from 20 (not counting the constant lag spikes) is pretty much unforgivable. theres no butts about this. no money going into a game that i cant play responsivly. nada. It makes my decision REAL easy. So i guess i should thankyou for that.

How the hell you think you can maintain low ping time and enjoyable play experience for eu players by moving our servers to US is just completely beyond me. hasnt worked for any other game and wont work for this one.

doesnt matter what good stuff you add now. if ping is high im out. simple as that. barring all other questionable descision made over the course of this games history.
    /sign

EU ~30 ping
    Testlive 160+ ping

And again 2 more subscribers gone,
    but hey funcom dont care anyway

2 more subscribers gone, a lot more comming. Otherwise why they would shot their own feet?

Sincerely you guys looks like spoiled brats. I would renew my subscription for 2 years at least if I had 150 mS. I'm always playing with 330-400 and I only have troubles with some casters (I have no prot gear yet) or other outstandly good players. I'm no pro, I can't even weapon swap. Even so it's just annoying how the "pros" whine at the first talk of advantage loss, even if its not even noticiable in pratice.

And I have a feeling that at least 1/3 of the people complaining doesn't even do PvP. If they do, well...they shouldn't.
    On minigames it's even less of a problem, only in 1x1 it can be troublesome but really, unless you're retard, 150 mS is perfectly fine even for melees.

T_T

looks like u have no idea about pvp even with 30 ms the netcode make ppl using speed buffs lagging like hell and now with x4 times higher ping. and giving the players some useless epic 8ullsh1t will rescue nothing

2 ppl leave alot more coming i see no one here write oh yes cool back to aoc only u.,..

Quote Originally Posted by Fsen View Post
    I am away from aoc nearly 6 months. I live in İstanbul,Turkey. 20mbit fiber is my connection and i was playing with 75-120ms. Once i gave 1 year break coz of latency. My ms was around 150-200 and it was not playable. As a melee Player you have very low chance with +150 ms against an opponent which has Under 100ms. Dont compare Aoc with Tsw.. Latency is everything in Aoc..

Funcom is taking High risk this time. I hope they succeed. If they fail i am afraid but most of eu players will subscribe teso beta and spend their time by playing skyrim,gta5 till teso comes..
    I've been at 330-400 LAT ever since launch. I'm a hardcore pvper its all i do, i would say im an above average player. So don't say 200lat is unplayable that's stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by m4gg0t View Post
    I do well at PvP even with 250ping, play alright in the EU servers with 350 ping also. It just takes getting used to. But I do understand the differences.
    BRO keella come back to aoc man! geldour miss u

Quote Originally Posted by m4gg0t View Post
    In all honestly you can play a melee character with 250 ping. I've been doing it for the past 4 years.

yup, an i have been too but with 300-400 ping.

yet we still do fine on mellee classes

Note- keella is 250 ping about and geldour is 350 ping about
    http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/a...picture045.jpg

And people are quitting becasue they have 150 ping an its "unplayable" ?? really??

Don't start flaming.

I've played this game with 30/50ms (when I had fiber optic) then 90-100ms (ADSL + Swedish servers + I moved further from the servers) and pvp wise it's like another game. Pvpers have every right to complain. Of course you can play with a higher ping, of course you can get used to it. But it's still a downgrade of the gaming experience - which hurts coming from a game that still has a pricey monthly sub. And it limits what you can do in pvp (how fast you can play, how many things you can do at the same time etc). One of the above posters said himself that he doesn't even switch weapons, come on... It's like saying "I only use aoe combos cos I can't land normal ones with the latency but it's np really I assure you"

It has been said before but the best pvpers on any server are always guys sitting on a low ping. You think that's just by chance?

And no, I don't think we'll gain any new players, however I'm certain we'll lose some. Many? I dunno, this game has much more pvers than hardcore pvpers so it won't be a big loss for FC I guess - but since I'm counting myself among those hardcore pvpers I'm expecting to lose lots of friends.
    (latency should be okay for me, my country has very responsive links with the US)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    I've been at 330-400 LAT ever since launch. I'm a hardcore pvper its all i do, i would say im an above average player. So don't say 200lat is unplayable that's stupid.
    Sorry but i just share My experiences..I am a noob bs and started to play few months ago and i would like to see soon how hardcore pvper you r

Quote Originally Posted by Fsen View Post
    Sorry but i just share My experiences..I am a noob bs and started to play few months ago and i would like to see soon how hardcore pvper you r
    by hardcore pvper i just mean that is all i do when i log on, not claiming to be the best or anything man