Thread: subscription plan

Default subscription plan

Hello!

I'm planning to get a subscription for 6 months or 1 year as i enjoying alot it's above everthing else i've played untill now, for me anyway.
    Now, i'm seeing that 5h anniversary is comming and i would like to know if there will be some special offers for subscriptions plans, maybe worth to wait untill then, or if there are better offers for current subscribers. Also how long event last from start (18 may i guess).

Ty!

A lot of people are wondering if they will put a special offer. Probably we will not know anything until the anniversary...

I run on special offers since I started playing and it's a completely different experience when you have bonus time, mounts, bags and other crap you don't have to spend time acquiring in the game.

Wouldn't be a special offer if they told you when the next offer is coming

Your call buddy, but the only way to find out is to wait!
    Does the walker choose the path, or the path the walker?

>> Only one character from 'Vorbiz' exists in my player name. So if you see me or anyone else with a similar name running around: It is not me.

Social Guidelines | General Support | Community FAQ | Support FAQ

They will have a 5 year sub special. Exactly what is up to speculation.

The main problem with the game is "OK I'm subbed... now what?" and I'm taking a moment to really think what EXACTLY am I getting? For a person who turned 80 not much...

For all intents and purposes you get the following:

W1,W2,W3,Vissy... and... that's it. I mean think hard...what more do you get? a recently turned 80 will be barred from T3s..from an in game perspective even t2 fresh off 80 is a stretch. So really for 15 bucks a month you get access to 1 raid and that's vissy(a great raid btw) and even vissy is not required to complete your t1 set.

Thus, what it really boils down to is 15 bucks for a fresh 80 for vissy raid.

gold cap? please.. this never was an issue until I bought khitai and needed to buy khitai purples.

inventory? nope... and my crafting mats went into an alt.

what else? nothing.... and this ladies and gentlemen is the main problem with the subbing method. Funcom can make far FAR more money if they make EVERY part of the game free BUT requires token purchases to enter certain dungeons. Perhaps 2 bucks for 1 instance access for a week.

But funcom is scared... they don't want to risk losing this small but stable revenue source (subbing). I can respect that. But you would be fooling yourself if you think you can get people to sub up under the current conditions...and even other potentially better conditions.

Who on earth would not allow a fresh 80 into T2? Seriously?
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

The last six month sub gave a shemite horse. I bought that vs the annual due to the annual only giving a social set of gear which I heard was clipped on female avatars.

That being said...when I do renew I want stuff thats across my character account and would rather get social pets or mounts than social gear. And funcom points aren't bad either.

I've got most of the packs, white tiger mount, camel mount, eastern riding lessons (exotic now), tons of double exp points for every new character and the shemite horse now for every new and old character. So its a good deal imo.

Now if they give me a free blue wyrm for every character...I might buy another annual sub in May.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post

For all intents and purposes you get the following:

W1,W2,W3,Vissy... and... that's it. I mean think hard...what more do you get? a recently turned 80 will be barred from T3s..from an in game perspective even t2 fresh off 80 is a stretch. So really for 15 bucks a month you get access to 1 raid and that's vissy(a great raid btw) and even vissy is not required to complete your t1 set.

Thus, what it really boils down to is 15 bucks for a fresh 80 for vissy raid.

gold cap? please.. this never was an issue until I bought khitai and needed to buy khitai purples.

inventory? nope... and my crafting mats went into an alt.

what else? nothing.....
    You're all over the road on this . W1 thru W3 IS Tier-2 . I'm on SET and see "fresh 80s" in there all the time . Tier-1Raids consist of Vistrix, Yakmar (Worm), and Kylikki ~ not just Vizzy . Plus, there's Onyx Chambers, Scorpion Caves, etc; all of which bring decent 80 Blue Gear . There's plenty to do for 15.00 .

BUT you do make a valid point . You would do fine to go Free-2-Play and pay a fraction of a sub cost by purchasing a pass to any one of these areas when you're ready to head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorbiz View Post
    Wouldn't be a special offer if they told you when the next offer is coming

Your call buddy, but the only way to find out is to wait!
    All the talk and no action doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy about opening my wallet . I'm NOT waiting ... "Buddy" . I'm paying companies that produce content and fix their mistakes.
    Last edited by I-am-Judas; 14th April 2013 at 01:24.