Thread: Age Of Conan - Steam

Default Age Of Conan - Steam

Hey Guys n Gals

Recent newcomer to the AOC world since the release on Steam but ive put in 150hrs in the past 2 weeks so its fair to say im hooked

Just had a couple of questions about AOC on Steam:

Are there any Funcom employees or mods dealing with the community hub on steam as it could really do with just some basic guides/links to forums for all the people your trying to attract.

This would work very well with a stickied thread explaining installation size/specs etc as im sure the 20GB size is whats putting a lot of F2Ps off.

Will any of the expansions be available for purchase via Steam wallet etc on the EU servers as currently the only thing i can buy in that way is the Tortage pack.

Apart from that im having a blast, extremely sad i didnt try this years ago as its by far the best game i have played in a long time. BUT i would like to see you guys capitalise on the Steam market before i decide to sub as without that it seems dead in the water.

Cheers
    Last edited by Dhojakt; 5th April 2013 at 21:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhojakt View Post
    Are there any Funcom employees or mods dealing with the community hub on steam as it could really do with just some basic guides/links to forums for all the people your trying to attract.
    I can say that as moderators of these forums, we are not affiliated with the Steam community hub in the slightest. That's something Steam moderators or AoC players would have to do on their own. As for Funcom employees, I don't know the answer for you.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    That's something Steam moderators or AoC players would have to do on their own. As for Funcom employees, I don't know the answer for you.
    Not entirely true as the devs of games gain access to the hub and the ability to sticky threads or delete if neccesary, but as you said that would be down to other/funcom that you dont know the answer for.

Thanks

Not entirely true as the devs of games gain access to the hub and the ability to sticky threads or delete if neccesary, but as you said that would be down to other/funcom that you dont know the answer for.

Thanks
    Right - I don't know about that - I was only answering on behalf of the moderators here.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Yeah no probs

Just trying to get the ball rolling Steamside as ive only seen 500+/- a day on EU AOC on Steam which is pretty low for a F2P on Steam as it has between 2-5million players logged daily.

This would work very well with a stickied thread explaining installation size/specs etc as im sure the 20GB size is whats putting a lot of F2Ps off.
    the game patcher/launcher configuration/options lets you choose the regions you want to download at start, so in the case to try out the game (F2P's) only the levels 1-20 regions are required, so no need to download the whole +20Gb

im just saying this so in the case you know pp from steam that are whiling to try the game, tell them to go to options and make the choice of not downloading all the regions, they can be downloaded later if they like the game and want to adventure further

Quote Originally Posted by Arishanya View Post
    Right - I don't know about that - I was only answering on behalf of the moderators here.
    so does FC intend on adding a few guides for the steamers? maybe pvp vids and other cool guides and blogs

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    so does FC intend on adding a few guides for the steamers? maybe pvp vids and other cool guides and blogs
    that only comes from us community, period!

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    the game patcher/launcher configuration/options lets you choose the regions you want to download at start, so in the case to try out the game (F2P's) only the levels 1-20 regions are required, so no need to download the whole +20Gb

im just saying this so in the case you know pp from steam that are whiling to try the game, tell them to go to options and make the choice of not downloading all the regions, they can be downloaded later if they like the game and want to adventure further
    Yeah i actually noticed that when i first installed AOC but upon selecting those options it didnt stop or change the install at all.

Perhaps if you dl the launcher direct it can be done that way but through steam maybe not?

Only reason i checked is that im on a limited bandwith so 20GB is a heavy investment on something i may not like..but it was well worth it

Still interested to know if any of the expansions are going to be available through the steam store...