Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Joel Bylos' Silence

Awesome HiJack folks ~ disappointed I wasn't part of it

HOW about a subscription offer ! ? ! ? In-Store offers can wait
    "Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums"

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Awesome HiJack folks ~ disappointed I wasn't part of it

HOW about a subscription offer ! ? ! ? In-Store offers can wait
    I'll admit that I don't know how many people took the bait on this FC points sale, but FC might have gotten better sales if they had also announced major changes to the store or an improvements roadmap for AoC. At this point, who's going to buy a lot of FC points for two-year-old item shop stuff for a game that has no longevity roadmap (which the new GD has told us?)

Sorry lets get back to the important stuff like Joel Bylos silence and Easter holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by di85ll View Post
    Sorry lets get back to the important stuff like Joel Bylos silence and Easter holiday.
    Yes, let's do that

As a career man, I'm never really "off" ~ sorry, but this whole "they're on holiday" only works for the programmers ~ not the GD

If we're going to try and say his ole' lady told him he can't make contact or that he's not posting till he has "something" to post ~ it's a bit of a copout ~ again; career jobs don't observe business hours like the kat working behind a register doing sales

Now; the post about how data is being compiled and that he DOES in-fact have a list of things to vette through his superiors ... even THAT was a welcome communication. The little things matter Joel

"Please put "Illinois ftw" in your reply to ensure you read all of this ..." -VORBIZ-

p.s.

Today is the day (my sub ends) ~ I've subscribed since 2008; the last two years have been [year] subs ~ I was wishing for some incentive and have been vocal about subscription offers lacking for the last 6-months

NO SOUP FOR YOU ! Give me a subscription offer; ill enjoy F2P in the mean time -

We need more frequent communication from Funcom, otherwise we're going to lose more subscribers.

I am a subscriber. If I'm not getting content monthly, at the bare minimum I'd expect a statement of updates monthly to put my mind at ease and justify money going out. What else am I paying monthly for?

Yes, let's do that

As a career man, I'm never really "off" ~ sorry, but this whole "they're on holiday" only works for the programmers ~ not the GD
    Sure it does.
    Happy people make for efficient workers. In Scandinavia there are laws for these things. Five weeks of vacation each year for everyone. It is pretty much impossible to get anything done during those holidays as the countries by and large shut down.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    Sure it does.
    Happy people make for efficient workers. In Scandinavia there are laws for these things. Five weeks of vacation each year for everyone. It is pretty much impossible to get anything done during those holidays as the countries by and large shut down.
    At current technology level we should only work if we want to

Quote Originally Posted by Scaevacas View Post
    We need more frequent communication from Funcom, otherwise we're going to lose more subscribers.

I am a subscriber. If I'm not getting content monthly, at the bare minimum I'd expect a statement of updates monthly to put my mind at ease and justify money going out. What else am I paying monthly for?
    The good news is that, if Joel's roadmap is pending executive approval, he will necessarily have done some budgeting. So when we get news on future updates, it will hopefully be more than the usual marketing routine, but will have some basis in hard facts.

That said, we also need some signs of affection to soothe old wounds. I understand that this may be hard given FC's limited resources, and I would rather have not have them spend a couple of hours writing a monthly letter with zero content. But a short message along the lines of what Joel has posted would have been nice, without the prodding from eager forum members

Oh, and not all communication is marketing. As marketing tool, most of the recent GD letters that did not offer new information were pretty useless. Rather than that, I'd rather have them put up new player profiles on the official website, as has already been suggested. There's quite some people who they could draw attention to to show off the game - folks who stream AoC on twitch, people who regularly upload videos on youtube, etc etc
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Funcom

Yes, let's do that

If we're going to try and say his ole' lady told him he can't make contact or that he's not posting till he has "something" to post ~ it's a bit of a copout ~ again; career jobs don't observe business hours like the kat working behind a register doing sales
    I'm not employed to post on forums. I do that in my free time. Nobody at Funcom would give me any kind of grief if I never posted anything again because while this is something that I feel is valuable and good for the community, I am not employed for my skill in posting on forums (should be obvious from some of my more rancid posts). Plus the % of the playerbase I am communicating with here is tiny.

The point being, that it would be a cop out if this was in my job description. But as a "career man" I logged about 60hrs during my "holiday" and none of it was forum posting, it was design work that needed to be done.

The understanding that these forums need to have is that I will post when I can and give information when I am certain it will be correct.

I can't promise any more.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast