Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does funcom do character restores?

So wait... It's horrible customer service when they respond to you in less than a day (a certain popular MMO can have up to a three day wait for a petition response), but give you a response you didn't want to hear?

They could have just ignored you and close your petition to focus on the others that they obviously get. Instead they decided to take time out all the others to respond to you, even if it was bad news.

Just because you don't get what you want doesn't mean it's bad customer service. Cut them some slack, a lot of customer service workers are just doing what they are told to do in given situations.

It's bad customer service not because the GM couldn't help me with my issue, its bad customer service because of a useless rule of "no restoring deathwish characters".

They have the power to help me, but they can't because of this stupid rule. Whoever created that rule of forbidding GM's to restore Deathwish characters is a moron and obviously wasn't thinking straight. I see no difference in restoring a character on deathwish than on a different server.

The GM did a fine job in letting me know he is not allowed to restore Deathwish characters, I am disappointed in funcom, not the GM.

Edit: I am going to forget about all of this, they wont help me so I am not going to spend the energy in staying mad. I will just move on to a different game. I have been thinking of quitting for awhile due to the low population and the community, this is just the nail in the coffin.
    Last edited by Kogoro; 27th March 2013 at 05:23.
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Perma-Death ! Now that's HARDCORE !

They should be able to check your account through live chat and see you don't have any others on DW ~ I never saw it written anywhere that said if you delete that one and only toon your allowed on DW: you're pretty much screwed ~ anyone find that anywhere ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mustaine View Post
    Perma-Death ! Now that's HARDCORE !

They should be able to check your account through live chat and see you don't have any others on DW ~ I never saw it written anywhere that said if you delete that one and only toon your allowed on DW: you're pretty much screwed ~ anyone find that anywhere ?
    They have the right to make up rules in the game, on the IRC, and on the forum without writing them down, as far as I know. It happened to all of us.
    More to that, one is obliged to face consequencies, even though they are not written down.
    There is a bright side to that: no one wrote that characters can be restored at all, but Funcom solves such problems sometimes.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

All account issues should be conveyed through the proper channels with Customer Service.

As account and support issues are a private matter, the thread will now be closed. Always review over the Social Guidelines before posting on the forums.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12