Thread: About Saga of Zath

Default About Saga of Zath

I must admit, with regard to the saga of Zath, that I have appreciated the latter more than I thought, especially thinking that there is no new content in it.
    The idea of having all only one character (as was on Rage server), starting from all from zero, all together, the need to do things (HM, dungeons etc.) that on Crom had now become deprecated and useless because of the RF maked them unusefull and most of people dont want join in them.

What I do not like:

1) The shop, I understand that you have left boost and potions exp, I can understand that they help those who have little time to play and you want gain some extra moneys, I’m fine with this, I like that you have removed the gear T3 PVE and T2 PVP. What I do not like and have put the epic gear 20 and 50, removing in fact the need for many players to play in dungeons. Vanity and cosmetics shops are very welcome (new eyes and skins are amazing). Power shop NO.
    2) You have removed the WB and this is good but you have put on the RF, I fear that from February 12, Zath will become a Crom 2.0 with people 24/24 7/7 in RF, goodbye progression and HM, it will be the death of every content under the T4, again.
    3) The server is in effect a clone of Crom. I would have liked some difference, even if small as the possibility of having a new storyline, I would have preferred that the Zath questline was a Destiny questline (parallel or replacement to the normal Destiny) and not simply the goals that you reach give you items without a minimum text or history.
    4) the rules of the Zath server had to be different but in the end apart from an increase in tokens (+ 100%; + 200%) the server always remains a clone of Crom with the same rules.
    It would have been nice, to have some particular rule that would allow you to have a unique character that maybe you can not create in Crom, I do a trivial example: only Stygian race unlocked (or new race as Zamorian for rest in Zath theme) on Zath themed server and unlock all or almost the classes on that rage, Stygian for example (or Zamorian if new themed race) race (DT , barb etc.), so as to then be able to then have a unique character, like a Stygian (or a Zamorian) barbarian, when this toon will be copied in Crom.
    Victory or Death

1. & 2. I don't use the shop except for the expac & adventure packs (by the way, well done on the 75% off!) so it doesn't really effect me. But along with your comment in Nr,. 2 about RF being in. If players are going to try and complete all the Zath requirements, I would think they'd do RF once or twice and move on to the next set of listed goals. Those that might not want to do the dungeons; aren't. No matter if RF is on or armor's for sale in the shop. Also I think we need to not lose sight of Funcom's goal; to make money. While it would be great if a company ran a game just for the players, that's not going to happen.

3. 100% agree. As I understand it the only 'Saga of Zath' is the final boss. It would have been nice to see something working up to that story-wise. Maybe we'll get lucky if they do it again.

4. While a good idea, I would think being that far away from the stock rules, they would have had to run Zath as a one off, your character goes bye-bye when it ends. You'd probably end up with a split of players OK with not keeping their characters and other's tee'd off all that work was to be deleted at the end.

Since the server started my take on it has been it was intended as a vanilla, throw-back, speed server and with that in mind keeping the Crom rule-set made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    If players are going to try and complete all the Zath requirements, I would think they'd do RF once or twice and move on to the next set of listed goals.
    RF is second-last goad. After it, only one goal and if Zath as you think, is a solo boss and not a raid, it will be probably be like one sort of WB boss (there arent new instances) so probably people dont need to move too far as you think, after RF!
    Victory or Death

In another thread the developer outlined what had to be achieved to complete the Saga quest line - it includes having to kill Levi, Thoth-Amon, Bat in T3.5 and Emperor in T4 and the Raid finder version of will not count towards those tasks ...so people will do those raids. But I agree with you that after raid finder starts that is what most people will do ... until they find raids to complete rest of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    What I do not like and have put the epic gear 20 and 50, removing in fact the need for many players to play in dungeons.
    nobody goes to the low level dungeons for gear, only for the purist achievement.
    "in the depths of a mind insane fantasy and reality are the same"

Yawgmoth (Ranger) - Nyxathid (Necro) - Yixlid (HoX) - Kaltas (DT) - Heung (BS) - Teysa (HoX) - Gatzu (Guard) - Krovax (Ranger) - Hurkyl (Barb) - Vedalken (PoM)

I think RF will kill a lot of the activity that is going on right now. Why run godslayer or unchained dungeons if you get T4 gear handed to you for beeing afk?

3. 100% agree. As I understand it the only 'Saga of Zath' is the final boss. It would have been nice to see something working up to that story-wise. Maybe we'll get lucky if they do it again.
    I missed the anouncement or hints that there will be a new boss, can one of you tell me why we should believe there will be one? From what I read I understood we will have to progress through the raid tiers, specific bosses will update the quest, but I do not remember reading anything that amde me think there will be any actually new storyline or boss (not a native speaker here, and the information about the server and its rules are written very unacurate, with the most important information spread over several threads and posts).

I also don't recall ever hearing anything about a new boss, even though Zath is a spider, why would you name a server this unless you mean to incorporate it in some way.

And I agree that once RF is live, that will be the go to for gearing up toons. People will still need to farm up the needed gold though.

I didn't pay a lot of attention as I knew I'd never get that high, but I thought in the list of final bosses one was named Zath. Or maybe I just expected to see it what with the server name.

I didn't pay a lot of attention as I knew I'd never get that high, but I thought in the list of final bosses one was named Zath. Or maybe I just expected to see it what with the server name.
    According to this logic we would have had to meet Crom a long time ago, on the crom server.
    To my dismay, the discussion was misunderstood and moved away from what were my general views about the whole server and its asset and to possible ideas about new sagas to a mere discussion if Zath is present or not
    Victory or Death

Quote Originally Posted by zujilin View Post
    According to this logic we would have had to meet Crom a long time ago, on the crom server.
    To my dismay, the discussion was misunderstood and moved away from what were my general views about the whole server and its asset and to possible ideas about new sagas to a mere discussion if Zath is present or not
    Funcom could have easily just named the server "Saga", with no mention of Zath, and there would be no confusion at all.