Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    You know what, DO NOT copy any of my guides to the new forums. I'd rather all of my hard work poof out of existence than continue to provide even an atom of benefit to FC. And that was a ****load of hardwork back in the day, lemme tell you.

I'll even go one further and delete them from here. Couldn't bring myself to do it then but after all these years, I can.

e: And they're gone. That was oddly satisfying.
    wow that was extremely selfish. what are you doing here if your hate runs so deep towards Funcom. You have only hurt the community. please leave and take yourtoxic attitude with you.

The Lord gives, and the Lord takes away.
    Malystrie, barb pvp 0,66 lvl
    Rinloth, pom (minigames lost 0)

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    See here's the things, folks; 1) if my guides were so vital, someone would've backed them up at some point (and can post them elsewhere that's not FC's own place and I wouldn't mind), 2) it's not like any hypothetical newbies need any of that detailed combat statistics or comprehensive dungeon boss breakdowns today with the fabled Raidfinder, 3) if their absence can be the last straw that makes anybody quit playing, that's gonna be a win for me, 4) if witnessing the degree of hatred they managed to foster in the loyalest of their old players can bum out any FC employee and make them consider other career options even for a moment after seeing this, it'll be another win for me.

So no, I didn't miss my shot and it's not a ragey, heat of the moment action (though I am aware of the collateral damage and don't care about it). It's a cold and hateful move.
    You know, back when they last did a forum migration Funcom deleted all the old archives and got a ton of crap for that. Now you are behaving just like they did - deleting information without caring about who might get hurt by it. There is an old saying that when you stare long enough into the abyss, the abyss will stare back. What does it feel like to become what you hate?

I don't know how vital your guides were - truth to tell I am not even sure which guides they were. It doesn't matter though - deleting them was still a jerkass move.

What you wrote above just confirms that whatever respect you may have earned by your actions in the past here, that is now gone. You are actually worse than Funcom - you do not even pretend to have a noble purpose behind your actions, you are doing it just out of spite.

It doesn't matter that he deleted them. Once you post something on the internet, it stays there forever.

http://web.archive.org/

You can go read AoC forums from 2005 if you want.
    Last edited by krippa; 4th February 2018 at 00:39.
    Retired / 2010-2016

ok so they enabled thread tagging on new forums ... and have asked if we want any more tags available ... please add language tag options .. eg English, German, French, Russian, Korean, Spanish, Italian

also I had a couple of questions in an earlier post that haven't been answered:

But will you still copy over information AFTER the 14 February date?
    And if you copy over threads from here ..will the owners (ie original creator of post) be able to claim ownership of it over on the new forums so they can edit it if it requires it ...

Quote Originally Posted by krippa View Post
    It doesn't matter that he deleted them. Once you post something on the internet, it stays there forever.

http://web.archive.org/

You can go read AoC forums from 2005 if you want.
    Yes, most of the stuff can be found there. It is a good service, archive.org.

Quote Originally Posted by drmir View Post
    Yes, most of the stuff can be found there. It is a good service, archive.org.
    I took a look at the old forums from before launch. It appears only the root forum page was archived. Threads weren't.

Quote Originally Posted by tapwater View Post
    I took a look at the old forums from before launch. It appears only the root forum page was archived. Threads weren't.
    Sorta. It's a hit and a miss. Some threads were saved. It looks like most of the stickies and developer related posts were saved. Most of the stuff is from late 2006 to 2008. It's not perfectly intact but it's still enough to give you some of those nostalgia feels.

http://web.archive.org/web/200803131...m:80/index.php
    Last edited by krippa; 7th February 2018 at 04:18.
    Retired / 2010-2016

Default Lonf tine no polygon!

The oldies maby remeber a post with a maiking helemet and hi resolution, I made it and now i make nada becouse i lost the abision to make 3D, thou im not lost but that whas maby my epic going and what i see is not going fort, you may say conan world is pretty byt i say not as there is more in the open. but face it there enginer cant bost it and thir progger arent up to it, no you ask why i say so becouse FC has made a nother game called Anrachy Online and they have't blody understand the basics of big worlds. for example they said Shadowlands wasnt to be grind, but they made it the biggest grind fest in europan history,

Post to FC
    Don't be selfice, lissen to the conunitu !
    We are your life hood and if u don't complie u will die !

Safing and saving completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantakwa View Post
    The oldies maby remeber a post with a maiking helemet and hi resolution, I made it and now i make nada becouse i lost the abision to make 3D, thou im not lost but that whas maby my epic going and what i see is not going fort, you may say conan world is pretty byt i say not as there is more in the open. but face it there enginer cant bost it and thir progger arent up to it, no you ask why i say so becouse FC has made a nother game called Anrachy Online and they have't blody understand the basics of big worlds. for example they said Shadowlands wasnt to be grind, but they made it the biggest grind fest in europan history,

Post to FC
    Don't be selfice, lissen to the conunitu !
    We are your life hood and if u don't complie u will die !

Safing and saving completed.
    For the conunitu!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast