Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Ladihawke View Post

It is really disappointing that you can not be bothered to look at the current great content here and copy it over when you spawned the new forums ... your forum moderators did a good job for years "sticky"ing posts and making threads with links to good information ... lazy to the extreme
    They can not do that because they do not even know what value volonteers added to their product with writing down important information for costumers.
    And because we did it the last time - why not let us do it AGAIN.

But hey, english speaking folks, stop crying - you will have a forum after all. An eyehurting white text on black background forum with no subforums, but at least two weeks time to save something from this forum.
    The german and french forum will just...not exist. Yes, they actually made an anouncement in french and german that the forum is moving over to a new platform, but failed to admit that they will be shutting down support for any other language than english.
    (And don't tell me there were no new posts anyway. There is a lot of information, which will now not be accesable for the players, because there will be no place to organize and update it on the new forum.)

"WE are moving" is a lie. You are moving. We are left behind.

Any chance at finding out WHY the change?

The new forums don't have the 'flavor' or color these forums do. Would hate to think it was change for change's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantakwa View Post

But hey, english speaking folks, stop crying - you will have a forum after all. An eyehurting white text on black background forum with no subforums, but at least two weeks time to save something from this forum.
    The german and french forum will just...not exist. Yes, they actually made an anouncement in french and german that the forum is moving over to a new platform, but failed to admit that they will be shutting down support for any other language than english.
    (And don't tell me there were no new posts anyway. There is a lot of information, which will now not be accesable for the players, because there will be no place to organize and update it on the new forum.)

"WE are moving" is a lie. You are moving. We are left behind.
    Yes it is appalling that Funcom can not support an international player base in their forum structures. They can code games to be played in multiple languages but their community and customer support are English-centric. Where has been the support for the Spanish, Russian and Korean player base all these years.
    I play with a lot of Koreans and I know that they have their own private forums that they post into because you have never supported them. I helped one of my friends with raid strats so he could generate posts there for the Korean community.

I guess as there is not a Language specific forum for your community the new forums are "Global" forums as opposed to "Global(English)" forums ... so surely you should be able to post freely in any language you like and the moderators can moderate the bigots and racists who feel they must reply "type in English" as inappropriate responses.

The "new" forums are unstructured and rapidly will become a dumping ground of rubbish which will be impossible to navigate to find the actual useful information we need to find and send new players to ..and .... WTF you renamed the section about game guides to "community corner" really ... that sounds I'm going to homeless shelter or on a work punishment detail as part of a judicial sentence. General Discussion is "community corner" ...that area was appropriately named before ..what ever it was that I read at 0530 before I raided this morning.

Quite frankly I do not trust that these forums will stay locked and archived and accessible ... I give it until Jan 2019 and these will no longer be accessible ...just as the USA and Euro forums got trashed.
    Last edited by Ladihawke; 2nd February 2018 at 05:05.

I quite like the new forums. More modern look and functionalities. I wish the various guides and posts of interest were copied there though.

What's going to happen to testlive forums ? Oh wait we don't need them anymore because nothing gets added to testlive xD
    Kaleeh PoM - Resolved Guard - Reducia Sin

Quote Originally Posted by redpooo View Post
    I quite like the new forums. More modern look and functionalities. I wish the various guides and posts of interest were copied there though.

What's going to happen to testlive forums ? Oh wait we don't need them anymore because nothing gets added to testlive xD
    More modern isn't the same as better. The new forum look being a prime example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebless View Post
    Any chance at finding out WHY the change?

The new forums don't have the 'flavor' or color these forums do. Would hate to think it was change for change's sake.

I think it is because they finally admitted that not having an official forum for SWL was a bad idea, so they decided to make one.
    For whatever reason they wanted to use a different software platform than they have used in the past. Perhaps they liked that look better? Perhaps the new platform will be easier to administrate? Perhaps the last person who knew how to setup a forum on the old platform has left the company? I don't know.

Once that decision was made, they clearly do not want to have to support multiple forums running on different platforms, so they decided to consolidate all the old game forums into the new platform.

That is my guess as to the WHY anyway.
    Last edited by Anzu; 2nd February 2018 at 18:55.

Whatever the reasons for this change may be, I would like to know if there are going to be changes to the current new forum or if there will really be no further sub-forums.
    Also would like to know about if anything will be done from FCs side to move over relevant old posts.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

You know what, DO NOT copy any of my guides to the new forums. I'd rather all of my hard work poof out of existence than continue to provide even an atom of benefit to FC. And that was a ****load of hardwork back in the day, lemme tell you.

I'll even go one further and delete them from here. Couldn't bring myself to do it then but after all these years, I can.

e: And they're gone. That was oddly satisfying.
    Last edited by cins; 2nd February 2018 at 12:33. Reason: yup

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    You know what, DO NOT copy any of my guides to the new forums. I'd rather all of my hard work poof out of existence than continue to provide even an atom of benefit to FC. And that was a ****load of hardwork back in the day, lemme tell you.

I'll even go one further and delete them from here. Couldn't bring myself to do it then but after all these years, I can.

o.O
    I bet they do not even realize what they lost right now. I do. And I thank you for those guides, they were a go-to place for every new player, even for advanced or returning players. I will miss them big time.

I am really looking forward to the new guides and helpfull posts the FC team will create now .

And by the way - nobody has the balls to confirm that FC is no longer supporting the german and french forum and that the "Wir ziehen um"-post was a lie?

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post

So because you are mad at Funcom, you delete your guides so no other players can benefit from them? Really selfish Edit by Anzu: That part is not needed move that. I would hope you are feeling ashamed of yourself, but somehow I doubt it.
    Last edited by Anzu; 2nd February 2018 at 19:02.

Someone else should be ashamed here especially since new are worst than the older one maybe not in security but on every other level it is

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast