Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Forums

Quote Originally Posted by cins View Post
    You know what, DO NOT copy any of my guides to the new forums. I'd rather all of my hard work poof out of existence than continue to provide even an atom of benefit to FC. And that was a ****load of hardwork back in the day, lemme tell you.

I'll even go one further and delete them from here. Couldn't bring myself to do it then but after all these years, I can.

e: And they're gone. That was oddly satisfying.
    You didnt hurt them with that, though. You hurt everyone else. I know we're quite a toxic bunch left in this game, but still, WTF man....
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

It's no good, but neither is this forum compared to the original forum, and it's going to happen anyway. I really couldn't care less because there's nothing overly productive to post about anymore (mainly trolling and complaining) apart from helping the odd new players. The travesty is that you delete these forums, it still sucks that the history from launch until 2013 was needlessly wiped last time (TL wasn't wiped and stayed in tact through the changeover) and I imagine in 12 months this forum will be gone too, no matter what is said to the contrary...
    Last edited by Evito; 2nd February 2018 at 15:38.
    EvitoQQ @ YouTube
    THE IVORY TOWER - QQ - Schlenkerla/Hersch

You know they can probably just go and see the edit history right?

I doubt the CM have the time to do that, and even if they had, they probably wouldn't. I will not do it myself, unless cins asks for it.
    Short cuts make long delays.

You know what, DO NOT copy any of my guides to the new forums. I'd rather all of my hard work poof out of existence than continue to provide even an atom of benefit to FC. And that was a ****load of hardwork back in the day, lemme tell you.

I'll even go one further and delete them from here. Couldn't bring myself to do it then but after all these years, I can.

e: And they're gone. That was oddly satisfying.
    +1 to what ErikT and Maelkjar said...

I'll go ahead and assume that you didn't write these guides for the benefit of Funcom back then, but wrote them to help out new players. Newbies have a hard time with most people expecting and asking for experience for their dungeon groups and very few being willing to take the time and teach tactics. I hope that when you calm down you will realize that you didn't hurt Funcom one bit by deleting these guides, but that you really hurt many new (and old) players.
    Sorry mate, but the shot you fired really hit the completely wrong target.

Your guides were a great source to read up on the tactics and they were funny and entertaining too, so last but not least: thank you for them.

See here's the things, folks; 1) if my guides were so vital, someone would've backed them up at some point (and can post them elsewhere that's not FC's own place and I wouldn't mind), 2) it's not like any hypothetical newbies need any of that detailed combat statistics or comprehensive dungeon boss breakdowns today with the fabled Raidfinder, 3) if their absence can be the last straw that makes anybody quit playing, that's gonna be a win for me, 4) if witnessing the degree of hatred they managed to foster in the loyalest of their old players can bum out any FC employee and make them consider other career options even for a moment after seeing this, it'll be another win for me.

So no, I didn't miss my shot and it's not a ragey, heat of the moment action (though I am aware of the collateral damage and don't care about it). It's a cold and hateful move.

See here's the things, folks; 1) if my guides were so vital, someone would've backed them up at some point (and can post them elsewhere that's not FC's own place and I wouldn't mind), 2) it's not like any hypothetical newbies need any of that detailed combat statistics or comprehensive dungeon boss breakdowns today with the fabled Raidfinder, 3) if their absence can be the last straw that makes anybody quit playing, that's gonna be a win for me, 4) if witnessing the degree of hatred they managed to foster in the loyalest of their old players can bum out any FC employee and make them consider other career options even for a moment after seeing this, it'll be another win for me.

So no, I didn't miss my shot and it's not a ragey, heat of the moment action (though I am aware of the collateral damage and don't care about it). It's a cold and hateful move.

Given your attitude, on one hand, I hope the guides are not recovered. On the other hand, I hope they're backed up and still get posted to the new forums. Just sucks to see angry manchildren think that taking their ball and going home is helping anyone.

I don't know how a game could bring you to being so angry at it? It is just other players being let down by this, but it's your work and your choice so be it. It does strike me as a little immature.

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    I really couldn't care less because there's nothing overly productive to post about anymore (mainly trolling and complaining)
    Exactly. Talk about class changes? Dungeon revamps? New tier sets? PvP content? Bug fixes?

There's nothing left to say that hasn't already been said 1000 times already. Shut 'er down.
    Last edited by krippa; 3rd February 2018 at 02:09.
    Retired / 2010-2016

https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=pl

Anyone can just copy/paste this into a new thread if they like. Cins doesnt get a say in the matter. Its a thread on forum and anyone can do what they will with it.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast